PDA

View Full Version : PSP Slim And Lite Unveiled At Leipzig

wraggster
August 22nd, 2007, 18:50
NEW LOOK PSP BRINGS HOLLYWOOD TO EUROPE

New PSP Slim and Lite features sleeker look, Video-Out port and limited edition Simpsons and Spiderman colours

Leipzig, 22 August 2007. At its Press Conference at Games Convention today, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) unveiled the new PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) Slim and Lite, available across the SCEE territories from 5th September 2007 at €169.

Introduced to the world at E3 in Santa Monica in July, the new PSP is 33% lighter and 19% thinner than its predecessor, and is equipped with a video-out port, allowing users to view their PSP content on their home TV. The new PSP will be available as standard in the three colours announced at E3; Piano Black, Ceramic White and Ice Silver.

Exclusive to the SCEE region and for a limited time, two Limited Edition PSP bundles will also be available. Featuring a PSP in Spiderman Red and Black, the Spiderman bundle will come with Activision®’s Spider-Man 3™ and the UMD of Spiderman 3. Also available, in a fetching shade of Simpsons Yellow, the Simpsons bundle will come with Electronic Arts’ The Simpsons Game. Both bundles will be available for €199.99.

“We are delighted to announce the arrival of the newly designed PSP to the SCEE region, whilst also providing something unique and special for our consumers.” said David Reeves, President of SCEE. “With the addition of two limited edition colour bundles, inspired by the blockbuster Spider-Man and Simpsons Hollywood movies, together with the new video-out port, which gives consumers the option to enjoy PSP content on the big screen, we are confident that this now brings a whole new dimension to the PSP entertainment experience.”

Over 69 PSP titles are scheduled for release before Christmas by SCEE and its third party publishing partners, including eagerly awaited classics such as WipEout™, Pursuit Force™ and Syphon Filter™ and brand new games such as the quirky music game Patapon and Echo Chrome, a three dimensional brain teaser that will have you tearing your hair out!

With the addition of an exciting range of innovative chat, video download and satellite navigation services for PSP from the new Go! portfolio of entertainment products services, PSP is set to become the entertainment handheld of choice for discerning entertainment seekers across Europe.

motormaniac
August 22nd, 2007, 19:07
cool, i might actually buy one, I would like the video out put cause i broke my psp trying to mod it so i could have video output! lol

burrito
August 22nd, 2007, 19:25
I will only buy the psp slim when it can use the extra ram with homebrew.

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 19:33
I will only buy the psp slim when it can use the extra ram with homebrew.

IF it can load homebrew..

mcdougall57
August 22nd, 2007, 20:45
wont be getting it coz i only ever play with my psp in my house so i wont be needing slimmer dimensions, my portable console is my micro with a flash cart

burrito
August 22nd, 2007, 20:57
IF it can load homebrew..
all game systems get hacked eventually...

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 21:00
true. i bet some hacker is out there waiting to get their hands on the slim :-/

acn010
August 22nd, 2007, 21:03
the resurrection of fanjita XD

ab88
August 22nd, 2007, 21:35
all game systems get hacked eventually...

The real question is if it will have as many liberties and support for homebrew like the older models or if it will get trapped in a HEN-like only enviroment. I had to rverse-devhook to use some homebrew for a while it can get frustrating and time consuming.

Basil Zero
August 23rd, 2007, 21:59
I'll get the PSP 2000 once its homebrewable and once I get enough money to buy one xD

JKKDARK
August 23rd, 2007, 23:28
Luckily I still have the old one :)