PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu The Homebrew Network Back For Good

wraggster
August 23rd, 2007, 17:07
Hi all, any of you who are regular visitors to the DCEmu Homebrew Network will have noticed a lot of downtime lately, starting off with a few hours here and there to 2 days offline then onto the near 7 days offline and since then several times of several hours of downtime including today with a near 8 hours offline.

Me and Martin have been pulling our hair out and were convinced of an hardware fault but the server techs said nothing was wrong but finally today they admitted that the Hard Drive which hosts DCEmu had a problem and its been replaced.

So finally after whats been a rough month or so with numerous downtimes i can finally say we are back and the server has been optimised as much as can be to ensure no more downtimes even in the event of mega amounts of visitors to DCEmu, the uploading system is fully working also.

This is a very important time for Homebrew with breakthroughs in all sectors and never before has homebrew been so mainstream and in the public eye and DCEmu will be there to bring you all the homebrew news and releases.

Thanks as always to Martin for being there and kicking some German booty to ensure the server is working again. (pity the lads failed last night eh)

and remember DCEmu has its own Chatroom on efnet #dcemu where we hang about and talk about all manner of stuff :P.

Kramer
August 23rd, 2007, 17:12
Well that's good to hear.
Congrats on sorting out the problem.

mcdougall57
August 23rd, 2007, 17:27
good news :D

acn010
August 23rd, 2007, 18:31
great....
wait... own chatroom???

Emeriastone
August 23rd, 2007, 19:13
This is a very important time for Homebrew with breakthroughs in all sectors and never before has homebrew been so mainstream and in the public eye and DCEmu will be there to bring you all the homebrew news and releases.

True that. I really appreciate the good people at DCemu who continue to bring us news despite their busy schedules and lives.

Have a happy homebrew to those who have just unbricked their sad, dust covered old bricks and to those who were able to see the friendly 1.50 on their new 3.52s.

--And lets hope the slim and light can see 1.50 as well!

kcajblue
August 23rd, 2007, 19:28
so thats what happened.
its good to see you guys figured out the problem and got it fixed. :D

bah
August 23rd, 2007, 19:37
Good to hear. :)

Sonicboy 101
August 23rd, 2007, 19:38
At least it's fixed now. :)

JKKDARK
August 23rd, 2007, 23:39
great....
wait... own chatroom???

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69976

Malksta
August 24th, 2007, 00:14
click the text in my sig and it should bring you to DCEmu's irc chan.

IM back!
August 24th, 2007, 01:02
finaly, dcemu down times make my psp collect dust

ish420ism
August 24th, 2007, 01:24
I hope it's true. these downtimes are bothersome. glad to hear you found the source of the problem. A bad HDD, Maybe you had one of those I-O data drives. jaja. Time to run some RAID on this bitch.

mike_jmg
August 24th, 2007, 05:17
Nice to hear
No more downtime :thumbup:

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 24th, 2007, 10:56
yay! no more downtime!

Mr. Shadow
August 24th, 2007, 12:49
Good, espcailly after that time were it was of for a week or so.^_^

VampDude
August 24th, 2007, 21:08
That's good to hear, cause I always blame my browser at first when DCEmu fail - I always blame Martin second thou! lol

JPJunkie
August 25th, 2007, 21:14
Great news thanks guys:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

ish420ism
August 26th, 2007, 05:18
its true. no downtime.....yet
MUAHAHA.

love the HIERBAS