PDA

View Full Version : MoonShell Ver1.71+1

wraggster
August 24th, 2007, 00:16
Infantile Paralyser have released a new version of the Shell/Media Player for the Nintendo DS

Heres whats new:

Version 1.71+1 2007/08/22

The main body of MoonShell has not changed.
The DLDI patch files was updated.
dpgtools was updated to dpgtools131.
MDX/MIDRCP/JpegAccu plug-in was updated.

Download Here (http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/03/moonshell_ver171_dl.shtml)

kcajblue
August 24th, 2007, 00:44
whats the update on dpgtools?

badam
August 24th, 2007, 03:38
The new Dpgtool doesnt work for .mp4 files or video podcasts in that file.

lightningquickguy14
August 24th, 2007, 04:39
I'll try it out, because my old dpgtools didn't work for some reason.

qal
August 26th, 2007, 13:16
hmmmm intresting

microsoft
September 3rd, 2007, 16:55
It won't read .nds files. It says "not support adapter?

Mini Moose
October 3rd, 2007, 02:02
I hope this works for my MMD. XD

edgar581
November 5th, 2007, 00:03
How the hell do i put files on moonshell!!!

some1 help plzzzzzz

spinal_cord
November 5th, 2007, 00:10
you dont put files on moonshell, you install moonshell on your flash card and put the files on the flash card also. moonshell will let you view the contents of your card and open some of the files on it.

just run the installer and select whatever card you use.

LeprechaunIV
November 8th, 2007, 23:40
Need to add Games n Music to the list of cards.

torpor
December 9th, 2007, 18:36
wait .. so to use moonshell i gotta have a windows machine? damnit! what else is out there for a nds-homebrew'er linux guy who wants to play tunes on his nds too?

beetroot bertie
December 10th, 2007, 11:10
The latest R4 cart kernel update (1.13) has the moonshell app with it. I'm guessing here, but you might be able to unRar it and just take the 'moonshl' folder and drag it onto the root of whatever card you use for your DS. My apologies if this won't work, just trying to help.

The R4 update is here:

http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm

DanTheManMS
December 12th, 2007, 23:15
wait .. so to use moonshell i gotta have a windows machine? damnit! what else is out there for a nds-homebrew'er linux guy who wants to play tunes on his nds too?

The guide at http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=11437.0 contains links to full packages in zip files. You may be out of luck for converting videos, but at least that'll get you a version of Moonshell you can just extract to your card manually.

azngonewrong
December 15th, 2007, 04:00
My music starts 2 make this cracking noise in moonshell or this weird noise wen the volume is like 400, THE MUSIC is like making these weird !#%!#%#!%!#%#! noises

wiggy fuzz
December 15th, 2007, 09:47
well, obviously - that built in volume control forces the actual volume (without the slider) even higher - 100% is the normal volume, anything higher and of course it'll sound crackly

grab yourself a decent pait of external speakers - the ds can handle much better sounds through the 3.5mm jack (or use dsorganise's mo3 player - i find it has better sound quality and a better interface

mr game porter
December 21st, 2007, 12:33
I'll try it out, because my old dpgtools didn't work for some reason.

get the divx codecs. i tried to convert avi files but it dint work untill i installed DivX. i could only convert .wmw files before i got the codecs. so if your lasy you can allways just convert wmw files ^^

Togetherdukki
June 1st, 2008, 16:38
Updates which would make Moonshell better:
-copy, paste and delete function
-had batchdpg instead of dpgtools
-had a online database (like DS Organize) for support and perhaps downloads
-could play more nds files
-have more skins
-have a bit better interface when playing musics or video (like windows media player)
-show and estimate the battery life
-had reboot support for max Media Player (4GB HDD)

da_head
June 1st, 2008, 16:57
i chose to stick with an early version of moonshell. y?
i tried this one out and found two (minor) problems. when u watch videos, if u pause it, ders kind of a delay. secondly, wen u tap on the bottom screen while watchin a video, u need to tap the bottom screen 5 or 6 times (vs 1) to get a response. i tried it with different videos, and my friends also tried it on their ds's. so if there's no huge benefit to upgrading, i choose not to.

luigi55
June 1st, 2008, 18:32
how do i install moonshell on my cyclo evolution

masterchief929
June 1st, 2008, 22:18
moonshell is just another dead project that isn't coming back.

DanTheManMS
June 2nd, 2008, 07:02
Updates which would make Moonshell better:
-copy, paste and delete function
-had batchdpg instead of dpgtools
-had a online database (like DS Organize) for support and perhaps downloads
-could play more nds files
-have more skins
-have a bit better interface when playing musics or video (like windows media player)
-show and estimate the battery life
-had reboot support for max Media Player (4GB HDD)

Use DSOrganize for file management, and just download BatchDPG yourself. Skins are freely available from tons of websites, go search a bit. Battery life estimation is impossible due to the fact that the DS's hardware only reports two states: "battery good" and "battery low" - there's no way to find the exact amount remaining.