PDA

View Full Version : GC: Sony hasn't ruled out PSP hard drive - Reeves

Shrygue
August 24th, 2007, 16:26
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28029)

Sony Europe boss David Reeves says the company hasn't ruled out introducing a hard disk drive to PlayStation Portable despite the upcoming launch of PSP Slim and Lite.

"I think that it certainly is not ruled out," Reeves told GamesIndustry.bizin an interview published today.

"The only thing I would say is that the flash memory is simply so cheap - you can get an 8GB Memory Stick for under 100 Euros, and on 8GB you can get a lot of content."

"I think the big debate is - there's a point in time when you have to put a stake in the ground and say we're going to go with flash memory or we're going to go with hard drive. I don't think they've put that stake in the ground just yet," he added.

"So they're thinking about it - I think they'll get through Christmas and think about what the next step would be. You might hear more later."

Reeves also said that Sony's decision to launch service-based products for PSP at Leipzig - including satellite navigation and video-on-demand - won't stop the company investing in games software, which it's aware it needs to do.

What's more, Reeves echoed comments made at E3 that he expects some of it to come via PlayStation Network, like Calling All Cars. Asked if he sees PSN as a potential feeder service to PSP, and vice versa, he said: "Yeah, it will be."

"On PSN you get an instant reaction - 'Calling All Cars, great game, okay, can I have it on PSP?' Okay, why not?"

John Vattic
August 24th, 2007, 16:53
"In the future there will be no cash.
There will only be credit and certificates.
This goes for anything that can be bought or sold.
Use as directed you f***ing slaves." - :mad:

usp8riot
August 24th, 2007, 18:21
While on that topic, has anyone bought an 8gig card yet, Sandisk or Sony, and had any luck with homebrew. I'm just a few clicks away from it.

I asked in another sub-forum but it's virtually dead there.

Basil Zero
August 24th, 2007, 19:48
While on that topic, has anyone bought an 8gig card yet, Sandisk or Sony, and had any luck with homebrew. I'm just a few clicks away from it.

I asked in another sub-forum but it's virtually dead there.

well if your using the OE firmwares or M33 firmware, i hear it does work, but i havent gotten one myself yet.

Welshboy
August 24th, 2007, 20:54
It's true though.................................I mean come on, 8 gig? that's quite a bit of memory. How much emulation and ps1 etc do you need for the love of god?

Solidsnake3000
August 24th, 2007, 22:28
wow i mean are they forgetting about the fat psp seriously we don't have hard drives at all and it took me so long to get my psp i think 9 moths after launch date and i don't have the kind of cash to just buy another one with no hope of homebrew or anything

i hate sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

acn010
August 24th, 2007, 23:48
done that harddrive thing long ago with a CF card which the size is 6GB
chip burned X[

usp8riot
August 25th, 2007, 01:22
btw, in my search for 8gig cards, do not be duped in an 8gig sandisk. It's not on the official sandisk site and the very few I've found looked cheaply photoshopped of retailers selling them.

Also, I chose 2 sandisks instead of 1 8gig. I could purchase 2 4gigs and some nice seinheisser earphones for the price of a slow sony. As I said, apparently sandisk doesn't make 8's, too bad.

Johnny Rash
August 25th, 2007, 04:23
A hard drive would be awesome...but it should have a second primary power source instead of drawing from the PSP.

kjetil1991
August 25th, 2007, 20:41
a hardrive? =) sound nice

mcdougall57
August 25th, 2007, 21:09
the only problem with 8 gig cards is latency, in other words they are sloooow..........