PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea features Japanese voice acting, Etna mode

Shrygue
August 24th, 2007, 19:30
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/08/24/disgaea-features-japanese-voice-acting-etna-mode/)

IGN recently got its hands on a preview version of the upcoming PSP version of Disgaea. Although the game is largely a port, they noted two new features that will certainly get the attention of long-time fans. The game seemingly has both English and Japanese voice acting in the game, a feature we're hoping will survive in the final build. Certainly, anime fans will love to hear the game in its original language.

An additional mode, "Etna Mode," also provides a retelling of the story -- this time, from the perspective of the hot-headed Etna. According to IGN, "This perspective starts with Etna accidentally killing Laharl when trying to wake him up. Everything following that, it seems, is a spoiler for the main game, since you're suddenly privy to a great amount of information you wouldn't have known had you been playing from Laharl's perspective."

Sounds like Disgaea fans have a lot to look forward to, even in this PSP remake. It's clear that the title is shaping up to be more ambitious than a mere port, and we're glad to see Nis America take the effort to add something more for its US release this October.

Concept art and screenshots here (http://www.pspfanboy.com/photos/disgaea/)

gdf
August 24th, 2007, 19:54
yay a properly good rpg on the psp!

Mister Klownes
August 24th, 2007, 20:52
Looks like they've added some nifty features. I just hope they added wifi multiplayer like in Lion War. Also, anything featuring more Etna is welcomed with open arms.

Napalm-Death
August 24th, 2007, 22:17
When the hell does it come out? :(

mike_jmg
August 25th, 2007, 05:12
Hell yeah!
I'm planing on getting this one right away it comes out
simply amazing

I just Love Disgaea

Napalm-Death
August 25th, 2007, 05:49
Looks like they've added some nifty features. I just hope they added wifi multiplayer like in Lion War. Also, anything featuring more Etna is welcomed with open arms.

Yes, there's wifi multiplayer.

Basil Zero
August 25th, 2007, 21:26
hopefully it'll work with 3.40 OE-A

crosses fingers xD