PDA

View Full Version : 'Corrupt Data' hiding program by Me

MadMonkee
June 26th, 2005, 22:17
Enjoy :)

This proggie hides the 'Corrupt Data' icon from the One Memory Stick trick (K-xploit)

Download below

xuphorz
June 26th, 2005, 22:53
very nice :)

wraggster
June 26th, 2005, 23:14
Changed file to Zip and uploaded to forums :)

Nice release , anyone got screens or maybe a mini tutorial ?

MSX
June 26th, 2005, 23:41
Tried running, Windows gave me an error stating that I needed MCI32.OCX --- here's a link for those who don't have it and need to DL it. (Save it to the DIR where you have the .exe file)

http://www.cricksoft.com/support/getfile.asp?ID=DLD17

The main folder will be renamed XXXX_________________________1, so put your Roms folder, ect., here.

Edit: Here's what you do:
The program should automatically find the drive of your connected PSP. Where it says folder name, just type in the name of the folder of the app/emu/game that you want the corrupted data hidden. Note: Don't type in the full path, just the folder name.

Ex: I have NesterJ's folder as NesterJ, so just type in NesterJ, and hit rename, voila! I checked my PSP's folder names, and they look crazy, but it does work, only the apps show up now :).

Thanks for the app by the way, makes thing much cleaner (PSP-wise anyways, folders look crazy :p)

Boopop
June 26th, 2005, 23:41
I get a zip file corrupted error

MadMonkee
June 26th, 2005, 23:43
The tutorial is on the proggy though. Just read the text on the program and you should be fine. I was a dumbass not to include the OCX, lemme rerar and post again.

MadMonkee
June 26th, 2005, 23:47
ftp://xbhqftp.serveftp.net/cdatahider.rar

Here ya go

wraggster
June 26th, 2005, 23:52
server down ?

MadMonkee
June 27th, 2005, 00:02
There might be 5 people on the FTP on at the same time, if more tries to attempt it doesn't accept. Try again.

MadMonkee
June 27th, 2005, 00:07
Raised the number of connections to 10 now you should be able to.

MSX
June 27th, 2005, 00:29
Ok, just tried NesterJ, it won't run unless the folders are named NesterJ/NesterJ%, same with the new Snake game, and probably with RIN and Snes9x

So I guess I won't be using this after all...

Maybe one day there will be a way to play without the % folders/corrupted data icons :(.

ganon
June 27th, 2005, 00:42
use the seipsptool it worked for me hiding the corrupted data icons ;)
do a search on the forum

MadMonkee
June 27th, 2005, 01:35
If you didn't have folders named NesterJ and NesterJ% you won't work homebrew on 1.50 in the firstplace.

This program simply fixes the Corrupt Data option which you get after using K-xploit to get your data running.

You could do this manually, like all the other exploits, this just makes it immensively easy.

Zephyroth_drgs
June 27th, 2005, 05:49
i get an error while game loading, running on 1.5 kpxploit

MSX
June 27th, 2005, 06:30
If you didn't have folders named NesterJ and NesterJ% you won't work homebrew on 1.50 in the firstplace.

This program simply fixes the Corrupt Data option which you get after using K-xploit to get your data running.

You could do this manually, like all the other exploits, this just makes it immensively easy.
Uhhhh....what?

I use PSP Homebrew 9.07, and it makes the folder and folder%....so what are you talking about? (It has kxploit integrated)

turtleghandi
June 27th, 2005, 09:31
Nice program. Thanks!

3dron
June 27th, 2005, 10:18
Sei PSP Tool (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=35046) - Automatic Homebrew Program for 1.5 is the way to go. K-xploit was good 2 days ago. But now with Sei PSP you can create the dual eboot.pbp files in proper directories and with proper naming to mask all 'corrupt data' icons.

THis program even lets you specify a number of other items such as your own custom icon for the app when you 'generate'.

K-xploit will no doubt have these features in the future (if it doesn't die out as the dominant 1.5 'homebrew' tool.)

I RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE, TRY Sei PSP Tool (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=35046) YOU WILL BE HOOKED!!!

3dron

Shinobe
June 27th, 2005, 14:17
Uhhhh....what?

I use PSP Homebrew 9.07, and it makes the folder and folder%....so what are you talking about? (It has kxploit integrated)

MadMonkee skimpily offer another option for those who like to use kxploit 1.5 with their psp. Its a matter of options and preference, if you don't like it, buzz off.

great job monkee.

Emus I have tested with kxploit and cdatahider.exe

ou_SNES9x : Works
NesterJ : Works
Rin : error
PCEP : error
HuE : error

3dron
June 27th, 2005, 21:55
MSX, does PSP Homebrew mask corrupt icons?

I thought the app in this thread just did the masking (folder creation), not the creation of the pbp files.

Isn't this the lowdown:

K-xploit 1.5 (June 22) does swap pbp folder/file creation only

PSP Homebrew 9.07 does swap pbp folder/file creation only

Cdatahider does folder renames to mask 'corrupt' icons

Sei PSP Tool does all of the above in one. Plus it allows custom icons and backgrounds.

3dron

F34R
June 28th, 2005, 15:44
MSX, this post is mainly for you, but can help anyone having problems...
Props to those making programs that try and help people get stuff working the way they want...

Ok..

for the corrupt icons, and how to hide them..
Just rename your folders on your PSP. Thats all you have to do. You dont HAVE to use a program to do it, you can do it manually. So here's how:

I'll use my folder names and just adapt this to the names you created.
NESEMU
NESEMU%
you are going to change these two folders on your psp to read as such:
NESEMU__________________________1 ( 26 underscores and a 1 added at the end )
NESEMU~1%

Thats all you have to do.... here is another example

nesterj
nesterj%

becomes:

nesterj_________________________1 ( 25 underscores and a 1 added at the end )
nester~1%

Really, its just that easy. No need to fool around with another application to try and do things for you.

djrobx
June 28th, 2005, 17:36
I didn't have any problems running NesterJ with Sei's tool. The only one I've tried so far that didn't work was the SMS emulator because it requires that files be in a specific directory. I just opened the .PBP file in a hex editor and changed "/psp/game/sms" to "/psp/data/sms" to make it look somewhere else for what it needed, and it works fine. I haven't tried that method with Doom yet.

John_CenaFU
August 16th, 2005, 10:00
Sei PSP Tool (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=35046) - Automatic Homebrew Program for 1.5 is the way to go. K-xploit was good 2 days ago. But now with Sei PSP you can create the dual eboot.pbp files in proper directories and with proper naming to mask all 'corrupt data' icons.

THis program even lets you specify a number of other items such as your own custom icon for the app when you 'generate'.

K-xploit will no doubt have these features in the future (if it doesn't die out as the dominant 1.5 'homebrew' tool.)

I RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE, TRY Sei PSP Tool (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=35046) YOU WILL BE HOOKED!!!

3dron

yea man. im hooked already. this thing is great! screw kxploit

dtale15
December 29th, 2005, 08:14
503 login or password incorrect thats wat i get

canabus
January 9th, 2006, 18:22
works great

exr
February 9th, 2006, 09:37
hello there, i have a problem, i cant fix on my psp this corrupted data, can anyone tell me exactly what to do?

Jumpoff23
March 18th, 2006, 23:46
Where should you put your folder of roms emus etc in the actual psp
Out of folders named game, videos, system etc. that come up when you connect the psp to a computer, which one should you put your folder in?

Jumpoff23
March 19th, 2006, 00:02
does it matter if the folder is read only or should it not be
My psp isn't showing corrupted data but it's also not showing my folder with the roms, emus etc.

dazman
May 6th, 2006, 10:45
Just tryed this and it worked great.

Many thanks

ahken
July 30th, 2006, 12:03
this tool is so cool! thanks!