PDA

View Full Version : Geo Wars

wraggster
August 24th, 2007, 22:33
Sumiguchi (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13989) posted this news/release:

Hi Everyone,
SpriteAttack & I released a game called Geo Wars that won the Dev-fr competition in late July but if you haven't tried it, please check it out!

http://sumiguchi.googlepages.com/geowars_ingame.jpg/geowars_ingame-medium.jpg

It is a space shoot'em up game. You must battle through waves of enemies to save Trinity and all of humanity.

Characters
There are two playable characters and you must progress through the game as both characters. (Progress for each character is stored seperately) There are some difference - primarily in the bombs. Alice has radial bomb controlled by the stylus and Mortymer has guided missles also controlled by the stylus.
The game is easier if you play as Alice but I think you can get higher scores with Mortymer once you master your bomb control techniques.

Modes of Play
There are 10 missions, 10 Zones and 2 training missions to play. Missions allow you to unlock new areas and upgrade your ship. In Zone, you always start with basic weapon capabilities and can get better weapons/bombs by collecting power ups. Be sure to enjoy the stereo sfx with headphones. Audio options are in the pause menu during gameplay

I hope you will submit your scores online to show your capabilities in case of a similar strike against Earth. Online Leaderboard

Please enjoy!

Requires DLDI Patching (R4/M3 users - do not let the device create the save file...the game will do it)

This game is a final release, but comments/suggestions or any other type of feedback is welcome.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DimensionT
August 25th, 2007, 18:30
Lol, for the first few minutes I was freaking out. "HOW DO YOU SHOOT????". Turns out you have to dodge the enemies at the flight school...

Anyway, this game is awesome! Very professional.

bowmessage
August 25th, 2007, 19:54
Wow, this game is amazing! Could be sold in retail as geometry wars for ds, before it even comes out :].

mcdougall57
August 25th, 2007, 21:17
so is this similar to geometry wars? if so i might have to check it out

DimensionT
August 25th, 2007, 21:42
Wow, this game is amazing! Could be sold in retail as geometry wars for ds, before it even comes out :].

Lol, seriously... But that would get him in a heap of legal problems ;).

I played this game for two hours straight after I stuck it on my card. Word of the wise, take a break every so often! When I was done I had cramps in my left hand, deep impression from the stylus in my right thumb and middle finger (still there), and my eyes were in pain. :rofl:

Does anyone know if this has anything to do with MegaETK? Some of the graphics remind me of it alot (the way the ships rotate, the partical effects when you shoot the wall, some of the enemies). It has the same level of professionalism too.

Sir_Voe
August 25th, 2007, 23:26
This is a great game, and I recommend everyone who hasn't yet try it. Just one bug I've noticed, on very rare occasions, when I try to uplaod my score, the backlight cuts out and the game freezes:( . I've lost some amazing high scores that way.

Harshboy
August 26th, 2007, 01:37
This is one of my favorite homebrew games for the DS! This and Whee!DS are my favorites!

omgpwn
August 27th, 2007, 04:29
So freaking awsome!

robman84
August 27th, 2007, 10:42
Truly awesome.

Personal suggestion, as you asked for suggestions: I would love to see some form of inertia, like the way your ship moves in asteroids. The effect could be more/less severe for each level based on atmospheric conditions, like the way gravity changes in Thrust (C64) or Moon Lander.

bumjeans
August 27th, 2007, 16:47
If this game is similar to geometry wars then inertia would just not suit it at all.

mr game porter
December 5th, 2007, 13:58
the worst thing about this game is that it's acctually better then the real realese for the ds ^^

ubersk8kid
January 22nd, 2008, 00:36
WOW very well done game IMO

Mini Moose
February 13th, 2008, 06:49
Meh. It's alright. I'll still be playing Grid Wars to get my Geometry Wars fix.

dandotony
March 5th, 2008, 00:00
Geo Wars would not run with my datel games-n-music cartridge..Does anyone have any ideas?.

raynebc
March 6th, 2008, 07:51
I am able to run it with the GnM cartridge. If you're using version 1 of the DLDI patch, try version 2, or vice-versa.

dandotony
March 17th, 2008, 03:33
Yes! thats sorted it out..Thanks!!