PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil for PSP petition to Capcom, They answered back!!

mike_jmg
August 25th, 2007, 17:02
In the past Days there's been a petition online addressed to Capcom to make a Resident Evil game for the PSP.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?pspres

Quote:

/To: Capcom

We, PSP ( Playstation Portable ) owners would like Capcom to release to our beloved handheld game console at least one of the games from there famous survivor/horror franchise : Resident Evil .
We are also aware of the fact, that there is already a PSP version of the first Resident Evil game on the PSN ( Playstation Network ) but because of the lack of PS3 systems we cannot purchase this game .
Seeing the history of Resident Evil games on Playstation consoles, we can guarantee you, that the game will be a success .
Hope that this and the abundance of signatures that will come is enough to finally take a step and make our dreams come true .

Sincerely,

The Undersigned/

The most interesting part is that Capcom got in touch with this person, and said that if it reached 10k signatures, They would consider making the game.

But that's not all, at this point the poll is at 14986 signatures.

Lets hope Capcom sticks to what they've said.

blackrave
August 25th, 2007, 17:12
Yep, I signed this yesterday. At that time, the number of signatures was at around 6,000. Just keep the signatures rolling in, and we're almost sure to see a new reply from Capcom. :)

The number has already risen by 50, to 11906, and rises every minute!

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 17:19
w-o-w....
im amazed

Sonicboy 101
August 25th, 2007, 17:32
I signed it at 4000, i will DEFINATELY buy the game if it comes out, what ever the price.

wraggster
August 25th, 2007, 17:33
come on everyone vote and lets get this on the main page of digg

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Capcom_to_Give_Answer_on_Resident_Evil_PSP

penileartery
August 25th, 2007, 17:42
there we go. dugg hah umm ill purchase this if it comes out, cause i have 3 unbricked psp's now! haha

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 17:42
um.... whats with the digg??? i dont get it??

blackrave
August 25th, 2007, 17:51
um.... whats with the digg??? i dont get it??

Click on the Digg button to get to the Digg article, then create a user or log in, and click the Digg This button on the site.

Over 12,000 signatures now.

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 17:59
Click on the Digg button to get to the Digg article, then create a user or log in, and click the Digg This button on the site.

Over 12,000 signatures now.

IM ALREADY A MEMBER LONG TIME AGO, BUT NEVER BOTHERED TO READ WHAT IT IS

mcdougall57
August 25th, 2007, 18:02
will definitely buy if it comes out, what i would really like to see is an re4 port to the psp

mike_jmg
August 25th, 2007, 18:07
12154 sigs now

Some sort of RE4 would be great

DKing
August 25th, 2007, 18:08
Only sign it if you'd bother to buy the game. They could have 80,000 signatures but if only 10% plan on buying it that's not a real incentive.

blackrave
August 25th, 2007, 18:29
Only sign it if you'd bother to buy the game. They could have 80,000 signatures but if only 10% plan on buying it that's not a real incentive.

I fully agree! Something to think about before you sign it.

OK ...? Just click the Digg button!

kjetil1991
August 25th, 2007, 18:40
wow that game would rock when unleashed

Triv1um
August 25th, 2007, 18:45
Interesting, i like to see games companies listening to there 'fans'.

Many companies would not do this, i hope they hold to there word.

Ol'Master
August 25th, 2007, 19:03
I imagine that Capcom already has a PSP Resi game in the pipeline and they're encouraging this petition for the free publicity it gains them. When they do come out with their game it will look like they are 'down with the fans' as opposed to a souless corporation, as people seem to think companies are these days.

BrooksyX
August 25th, 2007, 19:25
I just singed it, Resident Evil would be sick for the psp.

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 20:02
hope its not a lame port that they release

zheg_pagaza
August 25th, 2007, 20:05
pwn3d!!!

Elmarco
August 25th, 2007, 20:07
I signed yesterday. I dont own a psp, but id turn my skull into one if they brought this out! Im looking forward to this

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 20:08
lol,no really hope its not a lame port from older versions with extra features...

r-complex
August 25th, 2007, 20:13
With the PSP 2000 coming out soon and having 64MB of RAM they could do really sick version of RE4! I'd also like to see Q3 Arena and UT! They could do it now.. Since both were ported to the DreamCast and it had only 16MB of RAM and they looked and played just as well (if not better in some ways) than the PC or Mac!

Sterist
August 25th, 2007, 20:28

hehe i been a member longer :D nah na-na nah-nah or something like that

=====================================
=====================================

anyhow, we need more dcemu subscribers to register at Digg. nothing ever gets past 20 to 25 here. in my opinion that's unacceptable

Basil Zero
August 25th, 2007, 20:38
dood!

i thought this would be impossible, i'm so gonna sign :)

luxoflux
August 25th, 2007, 21:01
signed with confidence, this better come out because "I WILL" buy this game.

sappo
August 25th, 2007, 21:28
Digg is utterly useless. No real Software house really cares about a site made of fanboys and other people.

Why the hell they would answer only to one guy? And who the heck is this guy?

Also, 10k is a BIT LOW for every software houses to make a game. With 10k copies sold, they wouldn't even cover the develop expenses.

Fake and useless. Petitions never did anything.

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 22:03
Digg is utterly useless. No real Software house really cares about a site made of fanboys and other people.

Also, 10k is a BIT LOW for every software houses to make a game. With 10k copies sold, they wouldn't even cover the develop expenses.

so basically its gonna be like this???
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/post-76789-1133825891.jpg

Sterist
August 25th, 2007, 22:38
Digg polishes a petition. makes it pretty

zheg_pagaza
August 26th, 2007, 00:10
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/post-76789-1133825891.jpg

wtfroflolmao

burrito
August 26th, 2007, 00:21
13476 now! :)

Hiei311
August 26th, 2007, 00:22

heheh ur a dick
see wat digg made every1 do???
when i signed this a few weeks ago there was only like less then 900 and 1 week ago it was 1200 but now theres a hell of alot more people signin it and i well bet my soul that capcom well make a resident evil for psp....capcom wont let me down...i think:thumbup: :thumbup:

blackrave
August 26th, 2007, 00:25

I don't have any examples or proof, but I'm certain there have been several petitions in the past that have affected the receiver. Actually, just look at what PETA does. They have made many companies to stop making fur clothes, for example.

So some companies actually respond to and care about the public's opinions and wishes.

10k votes may be a bit low, yes, but who said that 10k votes means 10k sold? Not everyone who will buy the game, sees this petition on the Internet, so many more people will buy the game for sure (given it's a good game, of course!).

*Censored*

How is that relevant to the quoted post at all? Are you sure you didn't post it just to show off another one of your fancy images?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 26th, 2007, 01:17
I signed too, i hope they will make a resident Evil game for PSP.

dankbeats
August 26th, 2007, 01:58
I hope its a RE4 style games if it happens

Buddy4point0
August 26th, 2007, 02:00
awsome! i would love to see resident evil on the psp. run it at 333 and give us kick ass visuals. i cant wait for this, im a go sign the peition right now!!!

Jpdeathblade
August 26th, 2007, 02:46
I signed it...missed 10k by like 6 =(

I hope they make a re4 type layout. Or they could make an attachment that you put your psp into that gives it more battery and a 2nd analog...full re4 action!

DarthPaul
August 26th, 2007, 03:00
Woot! 13,820 baby! Keep going.

zheg_pagaza
August 26th, 2007, 03:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBA0SKmQy8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBA0SKmQy8

freakout!!!!!

BlacknBlue13
August 26th, 2007, 05:23
thats sweet, Resident Evil is fun sh*t.

jonezybaby
August 26th, 2007, 10:04
i think capcom will back out, i hope they dont tho, cus u have 2 look at it like this....

yea 10k + ppl have signed the petition, but how many of thos 10k ppl have SE, OE, LE, M33 Firmwares and illigally download games?

yea im sure alot of ppl use custom firmwares and still buy games but the majority of ppl will rip off the developer and illigally download it!

gdf
August 26th, 2007, 11:10
i would like to see one of the ps1 games remade in the new style of 4 and 5. it would be interesting to see how it worked out and yet still feel like a totally new game. or just re4. the psp's buttons coul easily accommodate it.

Johnny Rash
August 26th, 2007, 11:59
Digged it and signed the petition. I'm sure the PSP can do a pretty decent Resident Evil. Even further is an implementation of a "Kill Lots Of Zombies With Your Friends Over Ad-Hoc" feature. :rofl:

jaws365
August 26th, 2007, 12:45
I would like to see Resident Evil 4 remade in the old PSX style as I am big fan of 2D :)

blackrave
August 26th, 2007, 13:06
Digged it and signed the petition. I'm sure the PSP can do a pretty decent Resident Evil. Even further is an implementation of a "Kill Lots Of Zombies With Your Friends Over Ad-Hoc" feature. :rofl:

Over Infrastructure would top that with vanilla cream. Maybe even a story co-op or similar. :rolleyes:
Let's hope that if Capcom really will make a Resident Evil game for PSP, that they will do it properly!

gdf
August 26th, 2007, 13:15
wow that would indeed be some feature!

Anonymous D
August 26th, 2007, 13:25
why not infrastructure even? say 6 players in a mansion filled with zombies. sounds like heaven

sappo
August 26th, 2007, 17:15
heheh ur a dick
see wat digg made every1 do???
when i signed this a few weeks ago there was only like less then 900 and 1 week ago it was 1200 but now theres a hell of alot more people signin it and i well bet my soul that capcom well make a resident evil for psp....capcom wont let me down...i think:thumbup: :thumbup:

Heheh. YOU are a dick.

Yeah, and what means? Only that a lot of people signed it. I wanna see an official statement on Capcom USA.

See starmen.net's petition. Over 40'000 signatures and no use. Why do you think that 15'000 signatures would be better?

And everyone knows that Nintendo is a lot more responseful than Capcom or Sony, when it comes to these things.

The better thing we're going to see it's a port of Resident Evil: Ada Wong's Adventures with more levels from RE4, and cut down gameplay. Cool.

zheg_pagaza
August 26th, 2007, 17:31
why not infrastructure even? say 6 players in a mansion filled with zombies. sounds like heaven

lol:D

cloud_952
August 26th, 2007, 18:21
I totally call bs on this. O_o companies never reply to people when they ask them to TRANSLATE a game, or even do anything else. But to entirely dev a game, just based on internet signatures? That's insane.

Also note that this guy contacted a UK or US branch of Capcom. They don't do any game developing, they just bring games to their prospective countries. So, even if this were true, the person the organizer contacted has absolutely NO power in creating a game.

=D In short, I think they made this bs up to get more people to sign. Think about it.. it just doesn't add up.

Johnny Rash
August 26th, 2007, 19:35
I totally call bs on this. O_o companies never reply to people when they ask them to TRANSLATE a game, or even do anything else. But to entirely dev a game, just based on internet signatures? That's insane.

Also note that this guy contacted a UK or US branch of Capcom. They don't do any game developing, they just bring games to their prospective countries. So, even if this were true, the person the organizer contacted has absolutely NO power in creating a game.

=D In short, I think they made this bs up to get more people to sign. Think about it.. it just doesn't add up.

You're probably right. But the petition is more of a promise to Capcom that such a game would sell EXTREMELY well. Hell, I'd get it reserved. :D

Johnny Rash
August 26th, 2007, 20:37
Over Infrastructure would top that with vanilla cream. Maybe even a story co-op or similar. :rolleyes:
Let's hope that if Capcom really will make a Resident Evil game for PSP, that they will do it properly!

A co-op story survival mode would make me have to spank my monkey. :p

giggity giggity goo
August 27th, 2007, 05:16
something iv'e been waiting for but never saw was a RE where you could play as a human or one of the advanced zombies.

like if they let you be nemesis in RE 3 or that stubborn bastard from survivor.

it's a really promising idea, you could even play a competitive multiplayer where one player was a juggernaut like nemesis and the rest of the players have to run through the areas trying to get away or get the firepower to kill the juggernaut

add the option of doing this online and you could have teams of 4 or 5 versus the zombie and you could hunt down players who have been disconnected from the group, or the humans could set up traps.. and since its real players the AI would make it much more exciting

its something i'd pee myself if i saw released

goliath182
August 27th, 2007, 09:07
Wow over 20,000 signature.. and yet no real reply from capcom

Fanjita
August 27th, 2007, 12:10
Wot no digg? ;)

burrito
August 27th, 2007, 16:35
Wot no digg? ;)
http://digg.com/gaming_news/Capcom_Listens_to_Petitions

(Wraggster's dig was submitted after the above one, and Wraggster's has less digs)

CrAzY_fLiP3
August 27th, 2007, 19:09
woah capcom actually ANSWERED?! so.. um.. anyone wanna sign the super mario rpg: legend of the seven stars remake petition.. haha =..[ lol, i would love a Resident Evil game on psp. im signing, and also to see if they actually take it seriously.

hey guys check it out this is the most active petition on the site

4luc42d
August 28th, 2007, 04:13
total 22933 now

LloydKansas
November 12th, 2007, 18:13
Just signed it today :D The list has grown significantly and I can't wait to see what Capcom does as far as an RE game on the PSP. I've been playing Silent Hill: Origins on the PSP and loving every minute of it, now I just need some Resident Evil to enjoy!