PDA

View Full Version : Behold all Star trek fans of the original series

shadowprophet
August 25th, 2007, 18:16
There is a New Series out now Dubbed star trek the new voyages. This series picks up where the original series left off. The original five year mission Was cut short sadly when it was canceled, However. Certain members of the original cast and several loyal fans, Have sought to finish up that five year mission, And present the episodes for free as web episodes. I have to be honest. The first two episodes Are so poorly done. It will make any star trek fan cringe. However. You are obligated to watch them anyway. "If only because I said so :p ", But. It really picks up dramatically at the third episode. Where they obviously got a much larger budget, better actors and a couple of the writers from the original series.

There are only four episodes out at the moment. you can download them
here (http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/index.html)

Or you can just youtube em. Either way. If your a star trek fan. And can suffer through the first two horrible episodes, It really pays off in the third. (No skipping to the third episode first. Its just not cool :P ) Anyway. I hope you enjoy this, You will find this rewarding if your a true fan.

Love Shades.

VampDude
August 25th, 2007, 18:48
Are they made by the same people who made the Star Trek series? Or are they just made up with a bunch of unknown actors from a low budget producer?

shadowprophet
August 25th, 2007, 18:55
Are they made by the same people who made the Star Trek series? Or are they just made up with a bunch of unknown actors from a low budget producer?

Its mostly fan funded. And because of copy right reasons they arent allowed to make a dime off the episodes. But they really put their heart and wallets into it.
they have a massive budget that really shows by the third episode, its as quality as the original series by ep 3. you will see a cameo of original actors, like the original checov and the original sulu and their are only four eps out at the moment. They do have some of the original writers from the original show. And even though at times the acting is bad. the plot and storys are great.

Seriously give it a try. If you can manange to over look some sub par acting. And really give it a chance. Its so worth it bro :)

VampDude
August 25th, 2007, 19:05
Its mostly fan funded. And because of copy right reasons they arent allowed to make a dime off the episodes. But they really put their heart and wallets into it.
they have a massive budget that really shows by the third episode, its as quality as the original series by ep 3. you will see a cameo of original actors, like the original checov and the original sulu and their are only four eps out at the moment. They do have some of the original writers from the original show. And even though at times the acting is bad. the plot and storys are great.

Seriously give it a try. If you can manange to over look some sub par acting. And really give it a chance. Its so worth it bro :)

I'm currently at 198mb of 221mb downloading the first episode, so I will give it a look as I've gone this far :)

shadowprophet
August 25th, 2007, 19:10
I'm currently at 198mb of 221mb downloading the first episode, so I will give it a look as I've gone this far :)

Just dont judge it too harshly till you have seen the third ep. After the third ep. If you dont like it. I can respect that bro :cool:

VampDude
August 25th, 2007, 19:49
Just dont judge it too harshly till you have seen the third ep. After the third ep. If you dont like it. I can respect that bro :cool:

I don't like what I've seen so far, but I never like anything at first...

...I just found out that I can download what they call the "official" DVD (from a site linked to the main one), which I'm going to download the DVD's rather than the stand alone episodes as there are extras on the DVD's (which may help me to like the series) :)

shadowprophet
August 25th, 2007, 19:57
I don't like what I've seen so far, but I never like anything at first...

...I just found out that I can download what they call the "official" DVD (from a site linked to the main one), which I'm going to download the DVD's rather than the stand alone episodes as there are extras on the DVD's (which may help me to like the series) :)

Its the new cast and the bad acting. I promise if you can stomach it long enough it grows on you though :o

And finely becomes good :cool: