PDA

View Full Version : Address Lookup does not work in Toronto, Canada? (I have the geodata.dat file)

mikescool
August 25th, 2007, 20:39
Is anyone else having the problem? None of the address search works, also the zip code serach dont' work either. address w/out the zipcode don't work either. anyway to solve this?

mikescool
August 25th, 2007, 20:41
btw if anyone would like to share with me a good copy of Toronto and surrounding areas that'd be great too, the map i made kind of sucks.

mikescool
August 27th, 2007, 02:23
so basically address search don't work anywhere outside the US?

MIB.42
August 29th, 2007, 04:18
Is anyone else having the problem? None of the address search works, also the zip code serach dont' work either. address w/out the zipcode don't work either. anyway to solve this?

I maintained that code and wrote a geodata analysis code. Can you send / attach the geodata, so that I can have a look?

I will likely write a utility after I am done with the GPSFS_util which does sanity check / address lookup check on geodata files...

Cheers.

sleekyboy24
August 29th, 2007, 04:26
i have the same problem with my geodata (ONTARIO) and everytime i use it my psp just freezes up.

deniska
August 29th, 2007, 06:02
post your geodata.dat files and the coordinates of your map's center

Did you try reverse lookup?

mikescool
August 29th, 2007, 16:31
here is the geodata file that you requested, reverse works but you can't really look up addresses that way tho.

DogRed9
August 30th, 2007, 03:04
The problem I've had was that my address for my house doesn't show up from searching OR reverse address lookup, and this house has had the same address for over 50 years lol.

WiKKiD
August 31st, 2007, 04:21
Strange. Toronto Canada here, self made map and geodata. Geodata works just fine.

Are you using the statcan_rnf_v2 files?

Edit: Added my geodata

mikescool
August 31st, 2007, 14:59
hey WiKKiD do you mind posting your map up as well?

diskreet
September 5th, 2007, 08:35
Strange. Toronto Canada here, self made map and geodata. Geodata works just fine.

Are you using the statcan_rnf_v2 files?

Edit: Added my geodata

how did you generate your own geodata?
is there a tutorial somewhere where we can do this?