PDA

View Full Version : noob needs help with map this!

jmneissa
August 26th, 2007, 17:27
hi I am new to this whole homebrew system but my psp is succesfully running wildcard 3.40 le oe. I would like to put map this on my psp I have map this 0.5 on my computer and I am using a hollux gps slim 236 reciever with it. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this to work I have looked at guides and know how to install but would liek to know if there are any special files I need to put in to work with wildcard 3.40 le? Thank you so much in advance or any help you guys can offer.

PDG
August 27th, 2007, 10:30
hi I am new to this whole homebrew system but my psp is succesfully running wildcard 3.40 le oe. I would like to put map this on my psp I have map this 0.5 on my computer and I am using a hollux gps slim 236 reciever with it. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this to work I have looked at guides and know how to install but would liek to know if there are any special files I need to put in to work with wildcard 3.40 le? Thank you so much in advance or any help you guys can offer.

You have to extract some .PRX files to get it working ;)
Tale a look at my tuts i added to my sign and give them a try :thumbup:

jmneissa
August 27th, 2007, 14:00
Thanks and no offense but I looked at your sign and your tutorials are aimed at the psp 290 reciever but i am using a hollux gps slim 236 reciever unless I missunderstood where the tutorials is I cant find it?

PDG
August 27th, 2007, 14:05
Thanks and no offense but I looked at your sign and your tutorials are aimed at the psp 290 reciever but i am using a hollux gps slim 236 reciever unless I missunderstood where the tutorials is I cant find it?

Ooh my bad ;)
I didnt see that you were a holux user :)
Replace the 290 e-boot step in the guide and replace it with Holux e-boot and hook it up with a cable and it should work to :)

Im waiting for a Holux m1000 unit myselve and some premade cables :)

Ill write a new guide then :)

jmneissa
August 27th, 2007, 14:33
Thank You for your help. So all I have to do is use the generic hoolux version of map this and install as normall then plugin recier and should work. Does anyone no of any issues withusing the 3.40 le firmware form team wildcard. Has anyone put Map This on a PSP using there firmware? I want to make sure I have all my end tyed up before I install so that I gos through fine not with errors any help would be great! Thank You

PDG
August 27th, 2007, 15:59
Thank You for your help. So all I have to do is use the generic hoolux version of map this and install as normall then plugin recier and should work. Does anyone no of any issues withusing the 3.40 le firmware form team wildcard. Has anyone put Map This on a PSP using there firmware? I want to make sure I have all my end tyed up before I install so that I gos through fine not with errors any help would be great! Thank You

Try updating to Custom Fw 3.52 M33 and throw in the updates 1-4 while youre at it, its a bit more stable.

Extract your own .prx files by following my guides and instead of using PSP290 eboot use the holux one :)

After that it should work :)
Try the 0.499 version first and then advance to 0.5 if you want.

deniska
August 27th, 2007, 18:07
you don't need any prx files for the generic verison...
just make sure it's ran under 1.5 kernel (install it in /PSP/GAME150

jmneissa
August 28th, 2007, 12:30
See the great thing is that wildcard 3.40 le autodetects what kind of kernel you need 1.20 3.03 3.40 and so on and automatically changes the folder for you so all your games and homebrews are installed in the game folder. If you guys think this is a bad firmware I can always downgrade to Dark_Alex 3.40 oe-a or another more common firmware? What are your guys opinion?

PDG
August 28th, 2007, 15:08
See the great thing is that wildcard 3.40 le autodetects what kind of kernel you need 1.20 3.03 3.40 and so on and automatically changes the folder for you so all your games and homebrews are installed in the game folder. If you guys think this is a bad firmware I can always downgrade to Dark_Alex 3.40 oe-a or another more common firmware? What are your guys opinion?

Try the 3-52 M33 and throw in the M33-4 upgrade while youre at it. (You can always downgrade to 1.50 and throw back the 3.40 LE firmware if you think it sucks *I dont* )

I havent tried the Leaked Fw so i cant realy say if it has problems detecting what kernel to use or not.

I just got my third PSP today a Ta-082 motherboard one since i only had two other PSPs with the older mobos.
And some people had some problems with the TA ones so i had to get one to test :)

Im getting poorer and poorer *Lol*
And soon ill get more poor when i order a Holux GPS and start writing guides for them too ;)

sin22eze
August 30th, 2007, 05:56
hi there all, i was just wondering, anyone have problems with the config.txt file to boot up the

startupscreenmap=_vic

but everytime i boot up.. it takes me to the menu and not into the map...

i'm running mapthis05! on 352m33-4 with the holux gpsslim 240
everything is working great... POI's all set up.. directions are all good... even maps of the whole of melb is perfect.. also my cpu speed always stays at 333... even though i have edited it in the menu and edited with the pc..

the config.txt is in ms0:\psp\game150\mapviewer\system\

when i go into the config.. i see the file but it just doesnt boot up...

i've got the metric, baud rate, km/h, and everything else fine.. just those two..

edit: ok i finally got the 111/222/333 working... apparently i still had recovery set at 333.. i just thought that mapthis! would over-ride that.. i see that it doesn't.. now the startupmap options is the only thing buggin me now... being trying everything.. moving the config.txt file to where the eboot is, made copies and moved it to all folders within folders.. but still wont load the map i'll settin in the config.txt... sigh....
thanks for the help..

pelodka
September 4th, 2007, 14:12
You have to extract some .PRX files to get it working ;)
Tale a look at my tuts i added to my sign and give them a try :thumbup:

I've downloaded those .PRX files, but when I start MapThis, the screen turns blue, and the message says

Loading USB accessory module...

And nothing happens!

How much time does this usually take?

I'm running a TA-082 PSP and using M33's 3.52-2 firmware...

PDG
September 4th, 2007, 14:37
hi there all, i was just wondering, anyone have problems with the config.txt file to boot up the

startupscreenmap=_vic

but everytime i boot up.. it takes me to the menu and not into the map...

i'm running mapthis05! on 352m33-4 with the holux gpsslim 240
everything is working great... POI's all set up.. directions are all good... even maps of the whole of melb is perfect.. also my cpu speed always stays at 333... even though i have edited it in the menu and edited with the pc..

the config.txt is in ms0:\psp\game150\mapviewer\system\

when i go into the config.. i see the file but it just doesnt boot up...

i've got the metric, baud rate, km/h, and everything else fine.. just those two..

edit: ok i finally got the 111/222/333 working... apparently i still had recovery set at 333.. i just thought that mapthis! would over-ride that.. i see that it doesn't.. now the startupmap options is the only thing buggin me now... being trying everything.. moving the config.txt file to where the eboot is, made copies and moved it to all folders within folders.. but still wont load the map i'll settin in the config.txt... sigh....
thanks for the help..

1. The Config file and startup maps is case sensitive so check that with the name of the map.

2. The generic gps receiver version must be ran under 1.5 kernel (install in GAME150 folder under custom FW boot up your PSP in Recoverymode and set Kernel to 1.50.)

3. Dont mess with the CPU speed in recovery, you can change this just by entering "Satelite info" screen and press down on your D-pad, my Holux M1000 works fine whatewer CPU speed i choose and i havent edited anything from the MapThis v0.5 package, i just added a map in the mapfolder and went outside and it worked as a charm.

4. Try downloading the files again and dont mess with them to mouch: http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/bin/mapViewer_v05.rar
Just extraxt it and go to the GENERIC_HOLUX_GPS_VERSION folder and put that on your PSP in the GAME150 folder on your PSP running a Custom firmware.

More info can be found in the News section:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71404

PDG
September 4th, 2007, 14:44
I've downloaded those .PRX files, but when I start MapThis, the screen turns blue, and the message says

Loading USB accessory module...

And nothing happens!

How much time does this usually take?

I'm running a TA-082 PSP and using M33's 3.52-2 firmware...

Did you extract the files from your own PSP and was it the right ones :)
Seams odd that you got a Bluescreen, its not a Windows OS youre running :D

All you have to do is to extract your own .prx files and plug in your PSP-290 unit and run MapThis from your Game352 folder.

pelodka
September 5th, 2007, 07:26
Did you extract the files from your own PSP and was it the right ones :)
Seams odd that you got a Bluescreen, its not a Windows OS youre running :D

All you have to do is to extract your own .prx files and plug in your PSP-290 unit and run MapThis from your Game352 folder.

Yes, I've extracted the very .prx files you are all talking about.

If I remove those files, I just get

Loading USB accessory module .... error

And the program works OK but without GPS.:rolleyes:

When it tries to load this USB accessory module, the memstick indicator is not flashing - it just lights up and that's it.

PDG
September 5th, 2007, 13:30
Yes, I've extracted the very .prx files you are all talking about.

If I remove those files, I just get

Loading USB accessory module .... error

And the program works OK but without GPS.:rolleyes:

When it tries to load this USB accessory module, the memstick indicator is not flashing - it just lights up and that's it.

Do you have a 290 device and are your memorycards original or fakes ?

If you enter the information screen while youre on the memorycard on your PSP by pressing Triangle /\ it should say it supports Magic Gate.

Very strange otherwise, could it be the memorystick ?

Kupo24z
September 8th, 2007, 01:09
i have the same problem, i extracted my files off my flash0, and my card is magicgate supported, its a sandisk

navster
September 17th, 2007, 20:55
pelodka - is it definitely in ur GAME352 folder? I had exactly the same problem as you with the USB accessory module being stuck there with the memstick constantly on.

Turns out it was in my GAME150.. moved it to GAME352 and it worked perfectly.