PDA

View Full Version : Fanjita leaving the "sharp end" of the PSP scene

Cloudhunter
August 27th, 2007, 02:34
Via Fanjita's Rants (http://fanjita.org/serendipity/index.php?url=archives/17-The-Last-Hurrah.html&serendipity%5Bcsuccess%5D=true#feedback)

Fanjita of the Noobz team is stopping all exploit/hacking developments.

It's with much regret that I have to announce that I'm going to retire from the sharp end of the PSP homebrew scene. The betrayal of trust that preceded the Pandora release was extremely hurtful, and has left me unable to fully trust the people I'd previously enjoyed working so hard with. And so, I have had to decide to stop working on projects that require that level of trust.

Besides that, life continues to be very busy in the run up to fatherhood, and there are various non-PSP projects that I'd like to play with. Not to mention the fact that I'm tired of the continual pressure and idiocy of the PSP scene - long gone are the fun days of pioneering amongst like minds, in a mutually supportive and gentlemanly environment.

The Pandora Battery therefore marks my last major PSP project. I expect that Team C+D and Noobz will continue to release stuff without me, and I still hope to finish up some of the non-exploit projects that I'd been working on (Installotron, piKey etc.).

It was a fun ride while it lasted.

It's a sad loss to the scene - Good luck Fanjita, with fatherhood and whatever you persue in life :)

Discuss via comments

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Fanjita_Leaves_The_PSP_Scene

Cokemusic
August 27th, 2007, 03:04
This is a servere blow to the Homebrew scene not only in terms of development but also it's honour.

I think that scene has very much been assosociated with disrespect , leaks , idiot ebay sellers etc.

Fanjita was determined to contribute to a legal and honest Homebrew scene so I can fully understand why he made his decision.

Hope you have second thoughts and don't quit , because not everyone in the Scene is like you may think , good luck with all your other non-PSP projects fatherhood,life all the real important things.

This is Goodbye to another Homebrew Legend huh...

`The0n3
August 27th, 2007, 03:07
Sad that another great coder falls to the whim of idiots abusing good stuff to make coders like this quit the scene. Fanjita you will be missed good luck with the kids.

maxipower90
August 27th, 2007, 03:07
Good luck dude, you,ve done a tremendous job and theres loads of PSP users that are grateful for what ya done, like me hehe

Safari Al
August 27th, 2007, 03:10
Thanks for all that you've done man. Good luck with fatherhood ;)

ian h
August 27th, 2007, 03:18
thanks for what you have done for the psp scene.i first experienced homebrew on the psp and it was thanks to gta eloader

goaliedude
August 27th, 2007, 03:19
thx man you will be remembered as one of the greats, a salute to all your trust loyalty and honesty.

mike03$$$
August 27th, 2007, 03:29
wtf man that ebay seller!

good luck for the future hope to see you make a impact return for ps3

Chronicle_Chaos
August 27th, 2007, 03:30
thanks to all your great work and you'll be missed by the psp community..

Veskgar
August 27th, 2007, 03:34
Fanjita, THANK YOU! I don't really know what else to say. You deserve all the praise in the world and so many people owe you so much gratitude.

You have helped shape the positive side of the scene to what it is today and and I hope you leave a lasting legacy so that the scene never dies.

I also wish for a day when you will perhaps possibly return. Maybe if some exciting stuff starts happening in the PSP Slim homebrew scene.

And in closing, I must say that the betrayal shown to cause this is really pathetic. The stupidity shown by some people just amazes me.

Thanks again Fanjita, Best luck in life, and with your family.

SketchPCIS
August 27th, 2007, 03:39
What exactly -happened- with the Pandora deal?

Musoka_Eimin
August 27th, 2007, 03:45
Someone leaked or stole the source code to the Pandora project and they ended up feeling pressured to release Pandora before the new Slim PSP came out, they wanted to wait to insure it worked on that unit as well, but people were charging to unbrick units, using their now free program. This is sad the way the scene is ending up :( thank you so much for all your hard work Fanjita, best of luck in life and fatherhood take care :)

pimp12
August 27th, 2007, 03:54
OMG FIRST DARK ALEX THEN BECUS25 AND NOW FANJITA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we are DOOMED! Have a nice life tho and thankz for the homebrew!

mcdougall57
August 27th, 2007, 03:57
faretheewell, thanks to you i first experienced homebrew on my 2.80 psp with your eloader

osgeld
August 27th, 2007, 04:26
thanks for all your hard work, its a shame

Johnny Rash
August 27th, 2007, 04:39
Well fanjita, good luck with fatherhood. You will always be remembered in the PSP homebrew scene. It was an honor to run your software on my PSP.

Godspeed.

DimensionT
August 27th, 2007, 04:52
This just goes to show that disrespect goes a long way...

I was kind of for the people buying Pandora Batteries on ebay (not necessarily the sellers), just out of pitty that they can't make one without another working PSP... But now I understand it from Fanjita's point of view. This is what happens with idiots and sites like PS3****.com around.

It's a major blow to the PSP scene... But honestly, alot of people don't deserve Fanjita. Shame that they can mess things up for the "real" scene.

Anyway, I respect your choices.

Good luck with life, and I hope to hear about anything you're working on in the future!!!

wolfpack
August 27th, 2007, 04:53
Goodbye fanjita, you will be missed by all

V3N0M
August 27th, 2007, 04:58
Fanjita, THANK YOU! I don't really know what else to say. You deserve all the praise in the world and so many people owe you so much gratitude.

You have helped shape the positive side of the scene to what it is today and and I hope you leave a lasting legacy so that the scene never dies.

I also wish for a day when you will perhaps possibly return. Maybe if some exciting stuff starts happening in the PSP Slim homebrew scene.

And in closing, I must say that the betrayal shown to cause this is really pathetic. The stupidity shown by some people just amazes me.

Thanks again Fanjita, Best luck in life, and with your family.

@Veskgar- I’ve always found your posts thoughtful and couldn't agree with you more. :cool:

@Fanjita- You will be missed!

idapimp
August 27th, 2007, 05:47
well as much as that sucks, i can completely understand why. sorry to hear it though. have fun and keep challenging your mind.

Napalm-Death
August 27th, 2007, 05:52
Damn, I was hoping to use it on my slim PSP too.. Oh well, good luck in life Fanjita!

yoshinatsu
August 27th, 2007, 06:00
Without homebrew, my PSP would have been at the trash now, or at a used store's shelves.
And I never forget people who made me keep it;)
Fanjita and Ditlew are the people that introduced Eloader, my entry to PSP homebrew.
Thank you SO MUCH for all the time you dedicated to our scene Fanjita. And good luck to all of your current and future plans and projects!
Thanks again!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

mike_jmg
August 27th, 2007, 06:02
Another great coder gone because of the a**holes that want to make a profit with their work

bah
August 27th, 2007, 08:21
I must add my thanks to the list.

From the eloader(s) that got me into homebrew on the PSP while downgrading was still not possible, the downgrader that freed a mates PSP, this last truly amazing release with the pandora's battery, piKey and everything in between your work has been invaluable to myself and the entire PSP community.

I hope the whole negative situation with the leak and some pathetic individuals trying to profit from your and the rest of C&D's work wont overshadow just how many people your work has helped and how much they appreciate it.

Best wishes for yourself, your soon to be larger family and your career man, and thanks again for all the time/effort.

DCRich
August 27th, 2007, 08:22
Thanks for everything, and good luck Fanjita. the scene would be nothing without you. :(

I am so sick and tired off jerk offs and rip off sites like ps2ownz pulling the shit they do. You are all killing the scene and deserve whatever you have coming to ya. <sarcasm>oh wait, that's right. you are doing things right now by saying you will now give credit for your news and releases<end sarcasm> go to hell. I am now boycotting your dumbasses

SnoopKatt
August 27th, 2007, 08:41
Well, thanks for that 2.6 downgrader, thanks to that I have a PSP that can play homebrew :) You were a good coder...

goliath182
August 27th, 2007, 09:13
Always a shame to lose a coder

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 27th, 2007, 11:54
Fanjita, THANK YOU!!!!!! for all you hard work for the PSP scene, i fully understand your feelings and your decision. I WILL remember your hard work and dedication to the Homebrew sence all my life!!!!!!!!!!
Im sooooo angry at the leakers....they deserve to die, i'd say lets all track him down and totally destroy his life!!!!!!!!!

-Xandu-
August 27th, 2007, 12:29
Another great coder gone because of the a**holes that want to make a profit with their work

You want them to give away stuff for free and live on the street? Good idea!

The release of Pandora's battery is a great loss to SCE indeed.

dejkirkby
August 27th, 2007, 13:42
Thanks for everything, Fanjita.
You will be sorely missed and will always be revered.
Once again, I thank you!
dejkirkby and Team Playground

kharaboudjan
August 27th, 2007, 14:52
good luck man! first DA and now you..

mavsman4457
August 27th, 2007, 16:01
It is a bad loss but hopefully Pandora's battery will work for every firmware to come and if not hopefully there will be someone to step up in his place like M33 did in Dark_AleX's place.

burrito
August 27th, 2007, 16:39
Dark_AleX did come back. He was in the Pandora battery team.

Fanjita, if you can't trust anyone, why not just continue by yourself? Anyways, good luck with the child.

blackrave
August 27th, 2007, 18:09
Thanks for everything! Greets, thanks yous, and good lucks from the entire community to you. You've done so much good work, and we all appreciate it perhaps more than you know. I wish you good luck with your family and career, as well as with all future endeavors.

It's a shame that scumbags did and do such things to great people like you.

watupgroupie
August 27th, 2007, 18:11
Dark_AleX did come back. He was in the Pandora battery team.

Fanjita, if you can't trust anyone, why not just continue by yourself? Anyways, good luck with the child.

He didn't actually come back if you read it. The pandora battery has been in development secretly for a long time and he had an acting role in it so they gave him partial credit. He didn't come back personally just his work lives on.

Goodbye fanjita. Out of all the coders there were, you were deffintaly the one that got people out of the ruts they got themselves stuck into. I don't even wanna know the numerous hours you spent putting into finding and making exploits. I've been with the scene since December 2005(or the year the psp came out i can't remember when it was) which was right around when the 2.0 downgrader came out. You opened my eye's to a whole new psp and i'll never forget it. I wish you the best of luck in life and hope nothing but good comes your way. Have fun being a parent and always remember we'll be here waiting if you decide to come back into our wonderful scene or community.

Shrygue
August 27th, 2007, 18:34
Oh, what's this? Fanjita is leaving the homebrew scene?!? No! Not fair! Please don't leave us!

PSmonkey
August 27th, 2007, 18:39
Nothing personal but didn't Fanjita leave once already? My mind is slipping.

Either way I blame nobody who desides to leave the PSP scene. The lamers really have ***ked up this scene. Don't be shocked if come psp2 the devs start acting more like pricks to keep it from becomming another PSP scene.

Cloudhunter
August 27th, 2007, 18:52
Nothing personal but didn't Fanjita leave once already? My mind is slipping.

Either way I blame nobody who desides to leave the PSP scene. The lamers really have ***ked up this scene. Don't be shocked if come psp2 the devs start acting more like pricks to keep it from becomming another PSP scene.

Nah, he just took a back seat as he was busy due to fatherhood approaching.

Cloudy

gdf
August 27th, 2007, 19:01
Well it's about time, he's certainly earned it. Fanjita you have made thousands of people very happy, and for that you should be proud. Best of luck with everything you go on to do.

burrito
August 27th, 2007, 19:10
He didn't actually come back if you read it. The pandora battery has been in development secretly for a long time and he had an acting role in it so they gave him partial credit. He didn't come back personally just his work lives on.

Oh, I thought he came back because on of the pandora release and on Maxconsole forums I saw he started posting a lot again: http://forums.maxconsole.net/search.php?searchid=1593817

gusgus
August 27th, 2007, 19:28
Thanks for everything you did. I'm just glad that he's at least keeping his feet wet.

DarthPaul
August 27th, 2007, 19:56
Oh damn.. not another.. :(

jools
August 27th, 2007, 20:25
Thanks for all the great releases and good luck for the future :)

watupgroupie
August 27th, 2007, 21:02
Oh, I thought he came back because on of the pandora release and on Maxconsole forums I saw he started posting a lot again: http://forums.maxconsole.net/search.php?searchid=1593817

Oh i see what you mean i thought you meant that he started working on the psp homebrew scene again which is false. He did post on maxconsole, cool it's kinda nice that he checks in so that we know he's still there and still enjoys the psp scene. Plus that link is useless it leads to a no result search.

Broadus
August 27th, 2007, 22:19
lol another quitter

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 27th, 2007, 22:57
i have never been as pissed off at anything before. you ****ing leakers suck, and need to burn in hell. **** all u assholes who have so much cold hearted greed to sell a ****ing free product before release, and ruin peoples hard work just for personal gain. **** you all.

antman811
August 28th, 2007, 01:47
Thanks Fanjita, you have been a role model to me. Your a great coder and because of you I'm now interested in programming. Thanks alot thats all I can really say.You really have made many of people happy.I truly hope that nothing but good comes to you and your family.Good Luck with fatherhood, your going to need it :)

paughthead
August 28th, 2007, 02:54
Thanks for everything. Your a good guy.

bah
August 29th, 2007, 18:44
lol another quitter

Tool.

Renmiri
September 10th, 2007, 21:06
Thanks for everything Fanjita