PDA

View Full Version : Test Holux 240

zach5555
August 27th, 2007, 21:21
I just recieved my holux gpslim 240 in the mail today, but the cable to connect psp and holux hasnt arrived yet, how can i test it to make sure it works???? I tried connecting it to my PC and it keep saying usb device not recognised, both the blue and the orange light flash. Do you think that there is something wrong with it or is it fine( i am probaly doing something wrong when i tryed to install it to the computer.
Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks

cydus21
August 27th, 2007, 22:18
orange light flash means it has detected sat and started tracking if u din already noe. so u shld be fine!

zach5555
August 27th, 2007, 22:37
ok thanks, but how do i get it to work with my pc??

r2000
August 27th, 2007, 23:42
It does not work.
I guess the cable you are using is for charging only.
You need a special data cable.

zach5555
August 28th, 2007, 00:09
yeah i little more researching i found out that you need a usb serial cable or something, i saw one on ebay for $15, but i dont need it, i will just wait for my psp to holux cable from pc-moble.net

sin22eze
August 29th, 2007, 16:09
hats off to all u guys denskia n in7ane.. been thinkin of gettin a gps but didnt know which to get, either psp290 or the holux unit.. so i've been using it just as a mapviewer.. been reading gps forums for like months now deciding which.. cos reading all these forums, it seems there is lotsa ppl having problems starting it up.. especially the psp-290.. so last week i finally got my gps... and the one i got was the holux gps240 after reading denskia recommendations for it..

so today it came, charged it, cable arrived the day before, plugged it all in, moved the mapviewerV5, stood near the window, BAM, 30 secs, detected me straight away.. Madness... went for a drive around the neighboorhood, perfect except for when u stand still the cursor moves a bit but thats fine, cos i've used gps in the past and there is a +/- 5m..

atm i'm at around a 400mb, 70% of melbourne, australia.. donations coming your way... YEAH!! did a small hybrid map near my house and it was great, but if your walkin the bearing doesnt move.. guess you have to run a bit to get it to move tho...

only thing i've got to put in now is the POI of speed camera, red light camera.. the only thing is the sound.. i put the speed limit at 62km/h, but once i hit there and over and don't hear anything...

edit: any chance of doing like, if you set a marker, the proggie calculates the quickest route to getting there... but i guess u guys would've done it already if you could... now that would be awesome for ppl out of the US and Canada that can't use geodata..

cheers.. keep up the good work...