PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Nand Restore Patch

burrito
August 27th, 2007, 23:03
mrdude has released a patch for the Pandora memory stick:

Thanks to all those involved in the pandora files - you guys know who you are!

The pandora files are great but they have a slight bug in the restore.elf file in the kd folder, as they make a nand dump nicely but forget to call it a name so it can be restored without manually renaming the dump.

This patcher patches the restore.elf file in the kd folder - so that restoring nand files can be done without having to rename the dump.

Usage.

Either copy the Restore.elf Patcher.exe to kd and exectute it from the pc, or copy your restore.elf file to the same folder as Restore.elf Patcher.exe and execute. This will produce a 'fixed' elf file which you should replace in the kd folder.

Now you will be able to restore your nand dumps without messing around - or the need of a computer. This file also creates a backup so if you prefer the original file - you will have a backup.

NOTE: Remember to remove the battery & reboot the psp after you patch the file.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Squidman
August 27th, 2007, 23:42
[i'm not one of the people who need to use Pandora buut]:

would this need to be done if said people who used Pandora upgraded to custom firmware? or is this pre-Pandora setup?

ian h
August 27th, 2007, 23:56
id also like to know that squidman.i did use pandora battery but i have since upgraded to m33 4 and was wondering what i do with the files i dumped an do i need them?

burrito
August 28th, 2007, 00:27
This patch makes it so that when dumping a nand, it goes to nandimage.flash, instead of nand-dump.bin
The Pandora battery without this patch had a bug where it dumps to nand-dump.bin but when you try to flash the dump, it looks for nandimage.flash

Without the patch, you had to rename it manually from on your computer.

The reason for having a nand dump is for if your idstorage gets messed up. Then you just have to flash the nandimage.flash with the Pandora battery, and everything is fixed again.

Squidman
August 28th, 2007, 01:41
ahh, makes sense, well, great release then

Nocuddle
August 28th, 2007, 01:52
Heh, my Nod32 went nana & register the attachment as Win32/Tool.TPE.A.application.

Can any1 confirm if this is false positive?

Buddy4point0
August 28th, 2007, 03:32
cool, when i make my pandora battery i will have to make sure i use this patch

ab88
August 28th, 2007, 03:33
Are Nandflash images unique for every PSP? and I didn't know the ID storage was in the NAND :)

luxoflux
August 28th, 2007, 05:56
I was wondering why i couldnt flash my backup b4, fix works as advertised.

urherenow
August 28th, 2007, 05:59
nice :) by the way, is the msipl.bin from Pandora (the semi-fake one) or from MY PSP (done with the NAND dump, or... is my psp's msipl.bin actually a part of the NAND dump? Now that there's no real fear of a permanent brick, I want to figure out how to REALLY change regions (for playing foreign UMD movies)

califrag
August 28th, 2007, 06:30
This patch makes it so that when dumping a nand, it goes to nandimage.flash, instead of nand-dump.bin
The Pandora battery without this patch had a bug where it dumps to nand-dump.bin but when you try to flash the dump, it looks for nandimage.flash

Without the patch, you had to rename it manually from on your computer.

The reason for having a nand dump is for if your idstorage gets messed up. Then you just have to flash the nandimage.flash with the Pandora battery, and everything is fixed again.

okay sorry but maybe i am confused? I ran your patcher first thing, before doing a dump. My dump goes to nand-dump.bin, which is both the file that pandora software says it will dump, and that it will flash.

Before the patch, would pandora have created nandimage.flash, and your program fixed it so that it dumps to the correct nand-dump.bin file?
Or is it that before the patch, pandora would have created the nand-dump.bin but when it goes to flash it looks for nandimage.flash and your patch fixes it to look for the correct file, rather than dump to the correct file?
If so, what you've stated above is incorrect and backwards.. please let me know i'm a little confused.

cory1492
August 28th, 2007, 11:03
Before the patch, would pandora have created nandimage.flash, and your program fixed it so that it dumps to the correct nand-dump.bin file?
Due to rush or typo (who knows) the file that is needed to restore by default is called "nandImage.flash", even though the menu says "nand-dump.bin" which is the file it creates when it backs it up. After patching the elf, both options use the file name that it says in the menu I assume, I haven't bothered to change it at all since it is nice to be able to backup to a different file than the one I might want to write later.

What this patch does (or should do at any rate) can also be accomplished with a simple hexedit, though I for one think it takes some thought out of it (ie: making a backup of your NAND to MS should not be enough if you are going to be messing around with the PSP, make a backup to your PC and archive it for safekeeping too!)

mnuhaily22
August 28th, 2007, 12:27
Well, it worked for me, so thanks guys!!!

hacksparrow
August 28th, 2007, 13:13
wow nice patch for people who dunno how to dump idkeys manually, good job

yakumo
August 28th, 2007, 17:40
Heh, my Nod32 went nana & register the attachment as Win32/Tool.TPE.A.application.

Can any1 confirm if this is false positive?

My Nod32 also.

burrito
August 28th, 2007, 19:20
okay sorry but maybe i am confused? I ran your patcher first thing, before doing a dump. My dump goes to nand-dump.bin, which is both the file that pandora software says it will dump, and that it will flash.

Or is it that before the patch, pandora would have created the nand-dump.bin but when it goes to flash it looks for nandimage.flash and your patch fixes it to look for the correct file, rather than dump to the correct file?
If so, what you've stated above is incorrect and backwards.. please let me know i'm a little confused.
I think the patch makes it search for both nand-dump.bin and nandimage.flash when trying to flash the nand. When dumping, it always dumps to nand-dump.bin, with or without the patch.

btw, I didn't make this, I said mrdude did.

xcjzerox
September 8th, 2007, 12:31
so where do i put this

cal360
September 8th, 2007, 12:37
This seems pretty good i've heard of many problems that we're because they had to rename it and now you don't have to if you have this. Thanks.