PDA

View Full Version : band suggestions

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 27th, 2007, 23:46
i want to find some new bands. i listen to pretty much and kind of metal, except black/satanist. so post up your suggestions, and please dont let this turn into a huge flaming war on who's band is best yada yada ya....

and no, JKKDARK, i dont care about ur damn glam metal.

Anonymous D
August 27th, 2007, 23:48
bmth,
hatebreed,
walls of jericho,
madball,
children of bodom,
to name but a few

edit: bmth=bring me the horizon

Triv1um
August 27th, 2007, 23:54
Metallica
stonesour
testament
kreator
black stone cherry (not my thing but you might like)
dragonforce
hatebreed
static X
pantera
caliban
mendeed
coheed and cambria
trivium (not the crusade)
in flames
machine head

Yeah that's some... Can't be arsed to type anymore.

VampDude
August 28th, 2007, 00:10
Seraphim (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=56090332) - a cool Power Metal band from Taiwan, with a female vocalist (Quinn Weng (http://www.myspace.com/officialquinn)) who adds a cool symphony to the music. I recommend Seraphim more so than the others, because I love their 2004 album Ai - and Quinn's voice! :D

Shaolin Temple Of Boom (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=27420641)

ELLSBETH (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11776022)

Infinity Minus One (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=69929658)

Norther (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=126912128)

kcajblue
August 28th, 2007, 00:18
what about apocalyptica vamp?
im pretty sure i heard of them through you.

VampDude
August 28th, 2007, 00:36
what about apocalyptica vamp?
im pretty sure i heard of them through you.

Yeah, ApocalypticA are a cool band. But I don't think they're to everyones taste, I currently downloaded 4 tracks of their new single (which is released n September) off their MySpace page when MySpace had an error 6 days ago! (I think the 4 tracks is the whole single) lol :p

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 28th, 2007, 02:22
thanks guys, ill post as to what i like when i get the chance to listen. i do know quite a bit, but some are new. lol, were like the dcemu goth club

how come u dont like the crusade triv? theyre all good man

kcajblue
August 28th, 2007, 02:41
Yeah, ApocalypticA are a cool band. But I don't think they're to everyones taste, I currently downloaded 4 tracks of their new single (which is released n September) off their MySpace page when MySpace had an error 6 days ago! (I think the 4 tracks is the whole single) lol :pi think they are awesome.
and before i heard them, i thought the cello was a stupid instrument.

Man
August 28th, 2007, 03:18
lamb of god
cannibal corpse
underoath
devil driver
the locust - pretty weird band
converge
Gwar

those bands are really really heavy, and mostly screamo/emo/whatever, im not to much concerned with labels/genres of music.

JKKDARK
August 28th, 2007, 04:33
Mötley Crüe
Skid Row
W.A.S.P.
Helloween
Vains Of Jenna
Metal Church
Crashdļet
Diamond Head
Snakeryder
Megadeth
Manowar
Krokus
Quiet Riot
Queensr˙che
Brides Of Destruction

VampDude
August 28th, 2007, 07:09
i think they are awesome.
and before i heard them, i thought the cello was a stupid instrument.

What they've done with the cello is the best thing that could ever be done with a classical instrument, no other band would probably even come close to what they do. When I discovered ApocalypticA and found that I liked them I promptly went and bought all the albums up to that date, and continued to do so which now I have 7 :p

Have you bought any of their stuff yet? :)

kcajblue
August 28th, 2007, 07:11
What they've done with the cello is the best thing that could ever be done with a classical instrument, no other band would probably even come close to what they do. When I discovered ApocalypticA and found that I liked them I promptly went and bought all the albums up to that date, and continued to do so which now I have 7 :p

Have you bought any of their stuff yet? :)i havent been really looking for their stuff.
ive just been watching their videos on youtube.

VampDude
August 28th, 2007, 07:31
i havent been really looking for their stuff.
ive just been watching their videos on youtube.

The stuff on YouTube is ok for a while (it gets repeatative as theres too little to watch - though 49 search pages in total and most of which are duplicates), but you get more from the albums. Even if you download them all from an <unmentionable> you should listen to their albums, you will like them as much as the YouTube video's :)

DarthPaul
August 28th, 2007, 08:08
I really know a huge list of bands. I've been listening to rock since I was 10,now I'm 17,that's 7 years of hardcoreism! But I won't name all of them here,because you know who's the lazy guy from DCEmu..but if you don't know..it's me!

If you like Avenged Sevenfold,you should try Drist. They are very similar in my opinion.

VampDude
August 28th, 2007, 08:37
I really know a huge list of bands. I've been listening to rock since I was 10,now I'm 17,that's 7 years of hardcoreism!

I have 12 years over your listening experience, I've been listening to Rock/Metal for 19 years going on 20 in a few months! :D

Bevvie
August 28th, 2007, 09:41
I've heard very good things about Stone Sour, I'll have to give them a listen.

Can you give examples of a few of your favourite bands (aside from Avenged Sevenfold of course)?

ExcruciationX
August 28th, 2007, 13:25
Do I just post the names of my favorite bands?

If so, here they are...

Iron Butterfly
Black Sabbath
Cream
Deep Purple
Santana
Blue Oyster Cult
Dio
Scorpions
Motorhead

shibby420182
August 28th, 2007, 14:36
KoЯn

and everything else everyone else has mentioned

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 28th, 2007, 19:42
im very very picky about my bands. i hate screaming bands that just use monotonous guitar riffs. they sound honostly like noise and drums. hatebreed is pretty good. and a few others. remember, post NO BANDS with any satanism.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 28th, 2007, 20:03
I've heard very good things about Stone Sour, I'll have to give them a listen.

Can you give examples of a few of your favourite bands (aside from Avenged Sevenfold of course)?

bullet for my valentine, metallica, trivium, linkin park...a very wide array

i guess im looking for bands that sound like a7x, bullet for my valentine, trivium, and killswitch engage

dejkirkby
August 28th, 2007, 20:15
Try 3rv, VettacossX's band.
http://www.purevolume.com/3rv

SnesR0X
August 28th, 2007, 20:30
Shadows Fall
All that Remains
Lamb of God
In Flames
Slayer V('.')V

ExcruciationX
August 29th, 2007, 05:44
im very very picky about my bands. i hate screaming bands that just use monotonous guitar riffs. they sound honostly like noise and drums. hatebreed is pretty good. and a few others. remember, post NO BANDS with any satanism.

I agree with you on the screamo crap.

I disagree on your disapproval on satanist topics in music. Does anybody honestly care about the message in music? I know I don't. It's music. It's supposed to be enjoyed for it's sound, not for it's subject.

Mr. Shadow
August 29th, 2007, 14:58
Not true Excruciation X, people often look at music for the spoken message but MOST people just listen to enjoy the sound.

As for my music i don't think you'll like it but hey try somthing new. ^_^

feindflug
clan of xymox
red cell
iambia
evenescence
linkin park
within Temptation
emerald sword
cyro
qntl' cupido
cascada

VampDude
August 29th, 2007, 15:17
i got one problem

where can i download one sone--gotta work

Is that even a band?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 1st, 2007, 03:42
i found a great band - Darkest Hour

Not true Excruciation X, people often look at music for the spoken message but MOST people just listen to enjoy the sound.

As for my music i don't think you'll like it but hey try somthing new. ^_^

feindflug
clan of xymox
red cell
iambia
evenescence
linkin park
within Temptation
emerald sword
cyro
qntl' cupido
cascada

i do love linkin park and evanescense. both have a great rythem and amazing vocals

ExcruciationX
September 1st, 2007, 05:32
sorry for the double post. i do love linkin park and evanescense. both have a great rythem and amazing vocals
I hate them (unsuprisingly).

Something about their sound sound's corny to me.

SnesR0X
September 1st, 2007, 05:50
I hate them (unsuprisingly).

Something about their sound sound's corny to me.

I really liked Linkin Parks first 2 albums, hate the new one though.

ExcruciationX
September 1st, 2007, 07:30
I'm a fan of older music. I thought I'd try to get hip with the young people, so I thought I'd listen to it. Didn't like it. It's like rock rap.

I've heard from people that their first two albums are "superior" to their successors, although it sounds the same to me.

Oh yeah, some more bands I missed:

Grateful Dead
Steppenwolf
The Beatles
Rare Earth
Boston
Chicago
Motley Crue
Twisted Sister

souLLy
September 1st, 2007, 09:22
I'd suggest some good bands but looking at the thread so far, I'm not sure it'd be to anyone's tastes...

Anonymous D
September 1st, 2007, 11:14
linkin park and evanesence are still in my library because i used to be into them, so i get them out ocasionally as memories of past times lol. im much more into heavier stuff now. like i used to be a big enter shikari fan, but since discovering hardcore metal i realise how bad they are compared.

Mr. Shadow
September 1st, 2007, 11:31
I'd suggest some good bands but looking at the thread so far, I'm not sure it'd be to anyone's tastes...

what would be your tastes? Mine are odd as well.:thumbup:

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 1st, 2007, 18:54
this thread is about metal band suggestions.

JKKDARK
September 1st, 2007, 19:25
wow ExcruciationX, I didn't know you like Glam Metal :D

Triv1um
September 1st, 2007, 19:34

What?!
you mean hybrid theory and reanimation?!

or Hybrid theory and meteora? because meteora is the 3rd.

(i used to be a big fan)

gdf
September 1st, 2007, 19:58
I hate LP witha passion. Same goes for Korn. They suck (in a really, really bad way). Ex, you have good musical taste, you into Hendrix too? Maybe you can try something new asf? How about some Led Zep or Beatles?

Nirvana, QOTSA, Foo Fighters, The Clash, Muse, Biffy Clyro?

Punk/hardcore: Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, The Exploited, Gallows, Enter Shikari.

Mr. Shadow
September 1st, 2007, 19:59
Hybrid theory and meteora were the best albums they made. I need to get a hold of their newest one.

gdf
September 1st, 2007, 20:05
Or not, it got shocking reviews lol.

SnesR0X
September 1st, 2007, 20:09
What?!
you mean hybrid theory and reanimation?!

or Hybrid theory and meteora? because meteora is the 3rd.

(i used to be a big fan)

I don't consider Reanimation a true album, so blah.

JKKDARK
September 1st, 2007, 20:10
Nirvana, QOTSA, Foo Fighters, The Clash, Muse, Biffy Clyro?

Punk/hardcore: Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, The Exploited, Gallows, Enter Shikari.

The author thread said it was about bands under the Heavy Metal tag, not Alternative Rock/Punk Rock/etc

gdf
September 1st, 2007, 20:21
Yeah, I know, that's why I suggested he try something different, he may like it.

JPJunkie
September 1st, 2007, 21:49
Its always good to listen to something new as you never know you may like it

steve520
September 1st, 2007, 21:56
Mötley Crüe
Skid Row
W.A.S.P.
Helloween
Vains Of Jenna
Metal Church
Crashdļet
Diamond Head
Snakeryder
Megadeth
Manowar
Krokus
Quiet Riot
Queensr˙che
Brides Of Destruction

The author thread said it was about bands under the Heavy Metal tag, not Alternative Rock/Punk Rock/etc

Wow way to contradict yourself and the author also said no glam metal too.

souLLy
September 1st, 2007, 22:10
what would be your tastes? Mine are odd as well.:thumbup:

If it came to rock/metal bands; some of my favourites are:

Poison the Well
Rage Against the Machine
Deftones
36 Crazyfists
Alec Empire
Killswitch Engage
Coheed and Cambria
Devil Sold His Soul
Incubus
A Perfect Circle
Bloc Party
Reuben
GlassJaw
My Vitriol
Nine Inch Nails
Skindred
The Cure
Dillinger Escape Plan
Smashing Pumpkins
Thrice

I've been listening to a lot of other stuff though recently, I'm getting really into hip-hop like Common and the Pharcyde as well as more instrumental music like Godspeed You! Black Emporor, Sigur Ros, Red Sparowes and My Bloody Valentine.

JKKDARK
September 1st, 2007, 22:18
Wow way to contradict yourself and the author also said no glam metal too.

steve520 = WHAT A LOSER!

Mötley Crüe is the only band from the list that had Glam Metal songs. Did you hear the album Generation Swine? and the first 2 albums? These albums are not Glam Metal.
Stop living under a rock, steve520. Learn please.

The other bands are only Heavy Metal and Sleaze Metal.

steve520
September 1st, 2007, 22:29
steve520 = WHAT A LOSER!

Mötley Crüe is the only band from the list that had Glam Metal songs. Did you hear the album Generation Swine? and the first 2 albums? These albums are not Glam Metal.
Stop living under a rock, steve520. Learn please.

The other bands are only Heavy Metal and Sleaze Metal.

JKKDARK= Dumbass boy/girl

wow glam metal sucks ass espically motley crue with there girly looks same with quiet riot and poison and all those other suckish bands im glad the 90's killed most of them. thank god for a new era.

so screw you. go live under a rock because u dont even know the meaning of rock because you have been listening to that annoying shit all ur life.

JKKDARK
September 1st, 2007, 22:41

wow glam metal sucks ass espically motley crue with there girly looks same with quiet riot and poison and all those other suckish bands im glad the 90's killed most of them. thank god for a new era.

so screw you. go live under a rock because u dont even know the meaning of rock because you have been listening to that annoying shit all ur life.

little boy, that's totally off-topic really. You said the bands from the list I posted were Glam Metal, which is totally wrong.
Now everytime I see your name here, I will remember: "steve520, the kid who believes Megadeth is Glam Metal"
Please learn to read next time, everybody know most of the bands from the list.
And for you info, the image has nothing to do with the music. Most of the 70's/80's Hard Rock/Heavy Metal bands had long hair and leather. Is Black Sabbath Glam? No, image is not a genre.
little boy, It's time to use thew internet and find information about bands and music genres, because you have no idea.
Also if you didn't know, I also like 60's/70's Hard Rock, 70's Heavy Metal and 80's Pop, so don't tell me I listened only Glam Metal. I SAID IT MANY TIMES, but you don't know how to read.

steve520
September 1st, 2007, 22:44
alright so u named a few metal bands but most were glam metal now little boy/girl go find out ur sexuality and listen to real rock then maybe just maybe you can know what real music is.

SnesR0X
September 1st, 2007, 22:47

I have to agree with JKK here, you're a dumbass

Anonymous D
September 1st, 2007, 22:50
since when does what gender/sexuality come into this? and glam metal is still metal, as well may i remind you, and a lot of newer metal bands have the same style.

edit: 3 votes that steve520 is a dumbass lol

JKKDARK
September 1st, 2007, 22:52
alright so u named a few metal bands but most were glam metal now little boy/girl go find out ur sexuality and listen to real rock then maybe just maybe you can know what real music is.

They are not Glam Metal, the only Glam Metal band on that list is Mötley Crüe. You should be really an ignorant if you put them in the same tag. You can't put Black Sabbath, Poison and Skid Row in the same sub-genre, they are totally different. Any idiot can see the difference.
Real rock? Good joke. You listen Alternative Rock, and their main influences are Punk Rock, so it's not real Rock. Real Rock should contains influences from the old Rock And Roll, who has these influences? The Hard Rock.

Anonymous D
September 1st, 2007, 23:00
Mötley Crüe
Helloween
Diamond Head
Megadeth
Manowar
Queensr˙che

lol he certianly doesnt know his music, i think anyone cud tell you megaderth werent glam, and as for manowar , theyre certainly not glam but theyre damm funny .

edit: backl on topic what does the thread poster think of our sugestions? heard any of em yet?

JKKDARK
September 1st, 2007, 23:03
Yeah, and years ago, Megadeth's singer called Glam Metal bands: Gay Los Angeles Metal (It shows how he hated this music genre, and obviously Megadeth would never do a tour with a Glam Metal band)

steve520
September 2nd, 2007, 02:42
what u think i just listen to 90's rock. ha no i listen to old stuff to like the beatles, the stones, jimi hendrix, led zeppelin you know the good stuff before glam metal arrived.

penileartery
September 2nd, 2007, 03:14
Reel Big Fish!!! haha ilove them

pibs
September 2nd, 2007, 03:38
Ill just post a couple of good bands ive heard of

Rush
Kansas
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Iron Butterfly
Van Halen
Blue Cheer
Kamelot
Testament

steve520
September 2nd, 2007, 03:42
i seen rush live great drummer. the solo was awesome.

ExcruciationX
September 2nd, 2007, 06:13
Ex, you have good musical taste, you into Hendrix too? Maybe you can try something new asf? How about some Led Zep or Beatles?

Thank you.

Jimi Hendrix (in my opinion) was, and still is, trumped up (although he had one good song "Purple Haze").

Led Zeppelin is okay.

gdf
September 2nd, 2007, 09:29
Jimi is teh boy!

Soully, those are some good bands you got there...Except somehow I don't think metal-heads will be into Bloc Party or The Cure lol! :p

souLLy
September 2nd, 2007, 09:38
Jimi is teh boy!

Soully, those are some good bands you got there...Except somehow I don't think metal-heads will be into Bloc Party or The Cure lol! :p

Their loss :p
I've never understood only listening to one genre or even sub-genre of music alone. You miss out on so much good stuff.

gdf
September 2nd, 2007, 10:20
Good point, it's good to have varied taste. This morning I listened to some Boy Better Know, then Pantera, then QOTSA.

Mr. Shadow
September 2nd, 2007, 11:38

You and JKKdark haven't listened to music until you listen to industrail. That will have your ear drums all over the walls.:rofl:

sourced
September 2nd, 2007, 14:00
Yeah, ApocalypticA are a cool band. But I don't think they're to everyones taste, I currently downloaded 4 tracks of their new single (which is released n September) off their MySpace page when MySpace had an error 6 days ago! (I think the 4 tracks is the whole single) lol :p

DOWNLOAD? tsk tsk vamp. pirating is baaaad.

VampDude
September 2nd, 2007, 15:19
DOWNLOAD? tsk tsk vamp. pirating is baaaad.

I only downloaded it because MySpace had an error (which is now fixed), but I actually buy all my music and I will be purchasing ApocalypticA's new single as soon as it's in HMV! :)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 2nd, 2007, 18:56
i never pay to download music. i only pay for the real album, cuz thats what matters to me.

VampDude
September 2nd, 2007, 19:06
i never pay to download music. i only pay for the real album, cuz thats what matters to me.

The only time that is ever good to pay to download something is if it's from an official band site and they offer bonus tracks as a download only promotion.

souLLy
September 2nd, 2007, 22:22
Good point, it's good to have varied taste. This morning I listened to some Boy Better Know, then Pantera, then QOTSA.

haha good work, I'm a wiley fan myself :)