PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII battle system details

gunntims0103
August 28th, 2007, 01:05
News via Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII)

Heres some details on the battle system as so many users are interested on how the gameplay details and which battle system is current in this installment of final fantasy.

Battle system

Crisis Core has action- and menu-based elements. The new battle system is known as Digital Mind Wave, or "DMW", and revolves around a series of reels at the upper left corner of the screen which spin continuously as long as there is SP left to consume. Each rotate independently and upon lining up the three reels of the same character and value, a power-up or a "Power Surge!" will be rewarded to Zack.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Crisiscore-battlepowersurge.JPG

The player will have full control over Zack when moving around, and can rotate the camera with the left and right triggers. Every now and then, a random encounter battle will occur. The battle takes place on the same screen as regular movement, with no transition or loading.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Crisis-corebattle.JPG

Battles consist of multiple enemies on screen at once. To attack enemies, the command bar must be set to attack. Spells like Fire, Blizzard, Cure, and their higher level counterparts are also located on the command bar and used in the same fashion as previous titles in the series, although they deplete magic points with each use. Materia will also be present in the game, fully customizable and with a variety materia commands such as "Steal" and magics. The game automatically targets the closest enemy, and changes the target automatically as you move around. A quick roll maneuver and triangle to block incoming attacks can also be performed.

Give feedback via comment

san13
August 28th, 2007, 01:20
hmmm quick roll .. guard button..command bar?
is there any similarity between this and Kingdom Hearts lol sooner or later hell be able to jump and glide lol but im liking this either way cant wait to get it.

gunntims0103
August 28th, 2007, 01:24
hmmm quick roll .. guard button..command bar?
is there any similarity between this and Kingdom Hearts lol sooner or later hell be able to jump and glide lol but im liking this either way cant wait to get it.

Yea thats exactly what i was thinking. This battle system is very much related to that of Kingdom Hearts. I think the reason why is because Tetsuya Nomura is apart of the project. I believe he leads development in Kingdom Hearts, so he's probably influencing the development of crisis cores battle system.

Zaitmi
August 28th, 2007, 01:47
The Kingdom Hearts battle system is superb. Crisis Core will be a game to remember. Let's just hope that the storyline is good. I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to miss using Cloud as the main character.

gunntims0103
August 28th, 2007, 01:51
The Kingdom Hearts battle system is superb. Crisis Core will be a game to remember. Let's just hope that the storyline is good. I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to miss using Cloud as the main character.

Me too bro, i miss using Cloud. Especially in this new battle system it would have been nice if we could use cloud in this one. For the sake of the story though i think its best that another main character is appointed. Also this game will fill us in on some background on Cloud which should be good.

mcdougall57
August 28th, 2007, 01:54
its good that they look just like they do in advent children

giggity giggity goo
August 28th, 2007, 06:02
wow another freaking FF7 spin-off...

but wait... theres more!!

not only is it ANOTHER crappy attempt to squeeze more out of a long since dead game... we have annoying stupid ass gameplay...

slots? wtf is this godzilla 2 for the NES?

oh christ, i wouldnt even pirate this piece of crap, the only thing that even makes mention of square for me anymore is FFXI because square has managed to fix it and make a MMO that is actually fun, and not half as tedious and unrewarding as WOW...

sorry sqeenix but unless i see chrono break or i DON'T see KH3... your dead to me

gunntims0103
August 28th, 2007, 06:39

not only is it ANOTHER crappy attempt to squeeze more out of a long since dead game... we have annoying stupid ass gameplay...

oh christ, i wouldnt even pirate this piece of crap, the only thing that even makes mention of square for me anymore is FFXI because square has managed to fix it and make a MMO that is actually fun, and not half as tedious and unrewarding as WOW...

sorry sqeenix but unless i see chrono break or i DON'T see KH3... your dead to me

Harsh words, but I'll respect your chain of thoughts. As for me i think Final Fantasy Crisis Core is gonna be Epic on the PSP :)

Nobunaga
August 28th, 2007, 08:33

It's hardly a spin-off. I believe Advent Children was more like a spin-off (a cool one!). For a part, you'll get to know Zack, one of the characters who also appeared in FF7, although not very clearly. You'll get to know his past and what his relations were. Also, the combat system is quite cool, different from a normal turn-based RPG (which I like too). I think that this game may become a systemseller.

titch.ryan
August 28th, 2007, 09:42
i cant wait for this game.
who cares if it is a spin off it will be the best game for psp!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 28th, 2007, 10:00
I can't wait, i'm definately inporting the japanese version once it comes out. Even though I'm chinese I can understand a little bit of japanese:).

Bakke
August 28th, 2007, 17:04
Holyc rap...materia system back? gonna be an epic game

shadoweski
August 28th, 2007, 18:11
I just hope this game is gonna live up to expectations. If it does, this is gonna be one sweet game

DPyro
August 28th, 2007, 18:38
Crisis Core isn't a spin off, it is a prequel...

Sonicboy 101
August 28th, 2007, 18:39
Wow man, this is gonna be one of the best PSP games ever, guaranteed

gunntims0103
August 28th, 2007, 20:10
I'm just in all that they actually changed the battle system. I really wonder what inspired them to do that, since most of the FF games are all normal "turn style" battles. The new battle system will definitely make this game a must have!

mfz64
August 28th, 2007, 22:02
I cannot freaking wait for this game to come out in America....hopefully the dubbing won't suck

giggity giggity goo
August 28th, 2007, 22:39
idc if its a sequel a spinoff or my ass... squeenix has sold out, and i hate them, i used to be a loyal fan but now the squeenix fanboys are all the people that true fans hated back in the day...

squeenix dug their grave with the ff7 crap, x-2 was bad but this is just dispicable...

and i appreciate noone gangraping me for my opinions, most fanboys eat people alive for a statement like that,

also i loved dirge, but i am tired of squeenix's BS i mean FF1 and 2 AGAIN? oh wait you gotta buy em separate.... on a console that can emulate both flawlessly blindfolded? go to hell squeenix

like i said i wont even get the iso... this is just another reason SE is doomed...

seriously, we have what 2 or 3? differnet spinoffs of XII on portables... we have dissent or w/e coming but il admit that looks cool... and 5 motherf*** ff7 leeches trying to make profit for SE... just die already... if they put half as much effort into making new games as they did trying to revive this ff7 frankenstein wed have a game like chrono trigger/cross or a NEW ff7 to play and enjoy, 12 was ok but tedious as hell and got annoying fast... wheres that spirit from square back when snes was still in existance? it died with advent children

CrAzY_fLiP3
August 29th, 2007, 03:19
hm. back when the snes was around i believe square-enix didnt exist. enix and squaresoft were separate. however, i still liked games from both (favorites for squaresoft had to be final fantasy, and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, that game was awesome. Enix ~ i absolutely LOVED Robotech). i do agree completely on the X-2 comment; no lie, that was absolutely terrible lol. final fantasy 1 and 2 were classics, and chrono trigger/cross were great too, but don't suddenly make it sound like it is EASY to come up with a complex storyline along with appealing, comfortable gameplay, or an entire game for that matter. anyway, i am looking forward to this, when i get a new psp its definitely on my top 5 to purchase

im not quite sure as to how they would get the whole materia system to work?? anyone got any ideas lol, i can guess something like KH, but that would be so strange i think. hey, w.e still looking pretty good

gunntims0103
August 29th, 2007, 03:24
Heres a link for all the compiled information on Final Fantasy Crisis core.
http://bleachasylum.com/showthread.php?p=61669#post61669

BurningRage
August 29th, 2007, 14:28
i think it's sad that there is no new ff-part with the good old ATB-system... i mean that's one of the main parts that made final fantasy great in my opinion.
and nowdays, every new part seems to have a new battle-system...

i think that's sad, i want my ATB back!