PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Hardware Keypad Project :)

wraggster
August 28th, 2007, 15:01
Art (http://www.freewebs.com/defxev/) who only a few days ago released his Heart Monitor for the PSP is back with a new release, heres the details:

Hi Guys, Here is a DIY Keypad project for homebrew developers. This is another first as far as I am aware

Note I said 'keypad' because it's a 12 key numeric type with a shift key to provide a total of 24 possible functions. I did it this way because I wrote the firmware driver to support it years ago, and it only required slight modification for use with the PSP's serial port.

Also, the keypad is neat, and I can't imagine any alphanumeric arrangement being as neat if it was knocked up at home.

I could recompile the firmware file for a 16F628 to use internal clock at a later stage. This would make the circuit a little simpler since the crystal and two caps would then be redundant.

I may or may not update this project depending on takeup/feedback. At the moment I personaly don't have any use for it that warrants crap hanging off my PSP, but with all the talk... well here it is....
Art.

Screen, Download Via Comments

Yungblaqs
August 28th, 2007, 16:20
Yo man go for it there have in the past been some mods that were just a waste of time!!

But I feel that this would defo' be a cool mod, you never know you might be able to work out how to get a whole keyboard working from this "blueprint"....

Go for it man!!!!!

cDub
August 28th, 2007, 20:47
To be honest, i know nothing about wiring or hardware or any of that stuff, but keep goin.
Any homebrew is good homebrew.

Oh and to anyone feeling adventerous, i think that the x360 thumbpad addon would be sweeeeeeet for the psp.

ab88
August 28th, 2007, 22:54
That thread (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-homebrew-hardware-keypad-project--41254.html) was over a year old >.<

Don't know why you'd want to when now you can buy a pre made QWERTY keyboard to use with pikey.

Unless it's simply for experimentation of course.

Art
August 29th, 2007, 01:19
Yup, did it some time ago, sorry.
Art.

Cokemusic
August 29th, 2007, 01:49
Well that conludes the thread...lol

jamotto
August 29th, 2007, 06:59
Art '06:rolleyes: