PDA

View Full Version : PictoDS

wraggster
August 28th, 2007, 15:18
PictoDS is the PC tool (created by Nicom00k) that converts your pictures into a .cbds file to be used with ComicBookDS. Those pictures can be in a folder, a .zip, a .cbz, a .cbr, a .rar. .pdf files can also be converted thanks to some command line third party conversion programs (like the -not free- PDF To Image Converter v2.1). PictoDS is compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac.

More Info (http://cbds.free.fr/Softwares/PictoDS/?language=en)

naruto777
August 29th, 2007, 14:52
Whenever I open this with my mac(pictods.sh), it's a text file, and it reads:

cd lib
java -Djava.library.path="." -cp .:swt.jar:org.pictods.jar org.pictods.ui.PictodsUI

How do I run PictoDS?

ramtower
August 30th, 2007, 01:08
I've been having this same problem, so consider this a BUMP.

hazard99
September 6th, 2007, 02:40
I too am having issues. I cannot even run the program under Parallels (I used the Windows version of PictoDS). It comes up as some strange error. Has anyone figured out how to us this on a Mac?

guschiggins
September 6th, 2007, 15:37
I have the exact same problem. I got it working on my girlfriend's PC, but I can't seem to get it going on my Mac.
I believe I followed all the instructions. I even installed the latest Java and downloaded it again.
PLEASE HELP!!
I got a taste of it on my girlfriends PC and it is an amazing program. I can't wait!

hypnnos
September 6th, 2007, 19:01
hmm, if it goes like linux, you can try to open a terminal window, the run "chmod +x filename.sh", to make it an executable, then just type "filename.sh".

Hope it can help you guys...

dattson
September 10th, 2007, 17:00
Bump yo!

I tried the chmod +x, but the terminal says no such filename or directory.
Man I need to get this to work. I've waited a long time for this.

dattson
September 11th, 2007, 16:25
I've been in contact with nicom00k for the last few days and he has been very good with replies.
He provided a different shell command but this didn't work either.
I know next to nothing about linux so I could be doing somthing wrong.
The .sh file is shell command so even in the mac version you're gonna have to run a linux terminal.
Has anybody got this to work for linux or mac? Anybody?

Jakor Dratic
September 16th, 2007, 01:39
I have the exact same problem. I got it working on my girlfriend's PC, but I can't seem to get it going on my Mac.
I believe I followed all the instructions. I even installed the latest Java and downloaded it again.
PLEASE HELP!!
I got a taste of it on my girlfriends PC and it is an amazing program. I can't wait!
I know what the problem is!!! Your using a mac!! ^_^ Sorry couldn't resist. I love my pc. Things work, and when they don't there's always a billion other options.

freebie
September 16th, 2007, 21:51
I had problems with this - PictoDS would not run, and I solved this by moving it to the desktop of my computer. It seems the program does not operate when the directory it is in has too long a name, for example:

C:/Program Files/Nintendo DS/Homebrew/Comic Books/PictoDS

Will cause problems, but

C:/PictoDS works fine.

Hope this makes sense!

hypnnos
September 17th, 2007, 16:49
Bump yo!

I tried the chmod +x, but the terminal says no such filename or directory.
Man I need to get this to work. I've waited a long time for this.

Hmm, maybe I wasn´t clear, when I said filename.sh, I meant chmod +x pictods.sh

Anyway, got try it on linux tonight and post the results.

DanWare
September 29th, 2007, 08:24
Wow you must have really long nights where you're from...

I can't even run this on Windows, mainly because there's er... no download link. XD And the website is down. Maybe next time - unless someone can post a copy..?

Edit:
Found a copy, heres the link in case anyone's still looking;

http://www.mygamenews.net/modules/news/

dattson
October 18th, 2007, 17:47
Here's a rough working version of pictods for mac.
If you're using CBZ it should work fine. If you got CBR unrar the files to a folder then process the folder.
Thanks to Ndrake on DS-scene.
http://www.slimeslurp.net/pictods/PictoDS.dmg

fealtious
February 3rd, 2008, 09:49
thanks for the link.
really needed it XD.
hope u all can watch comics too.
MANGA FTW.

yakhar
February 3rd, 2008, 10:34
Urm sorry may be in the wrong thread.
Trying to convert a .cbz file, pictods makes it's friendly little bleep to say it's done, then I go to the CBDS folder....and it ain't there. I'm sure it's something obvious. Y'd think! :confused:
Any ideas

super happy drunk
April 29th, 2008, 23:56
Thanks, danware, I had trouble with the link also.

v_kitty
July 24th, 2008, 05:37
Here's a rough working version of pictods for mac.
If you're using CBZ it should work fine. If you got CBR unrar the files to a folder then process the folder.
Thanks to Ndrake on DS-scene.
http://www.slimeslurp.net/pictods/PictoDS.dmg

I have to say that this is the most helpful thread & post I have managed to find for PictoDS on a mac - it has been soo hard to find a working mac version, you have my everlasting thanks & appreciation :D Keep up the good work!