View Full Version : IDstorage Issues

tgm123
August 28th, 2007, 15:47
I had a working psp on 3.52 M33 - 4
Used Pandora to backup my nand
Downgraded to 1.50
Went to restore my nand dump.....

BANG! - Couldnt read file

After lots of mucking about, i realzed that the dump was only 200kb, not the 30 odd MB it should have been.

SHIT! - No more IDStorage for my psp.

Recovered it using a proper nand dump from another psp.

It worked......

Everything works, WIFI, Internet, Homebrew Mp3 etc

But..... It wont load any UMD discs.
It just says "cannot read disc"

I can only load ISOS in NO-UMD mode on 3.52 M33 - 4

So i can....
Load Isos in no-umd mode
Play homebrew
Go On Internet
Play MP3
Use plugins
Downgrade / Upgrade Firmware

I Cant....
Load a legal UMD game or UMD video

Im assuming its because the psp now dosent know what region it is, i have tried to change region in the m33 recovery menu but no luck

Is there not a way to hex edit the idstorage keys to tell it what firmware it is?

Its annoying that i cant actually run a legal UMD game, but i can load illegal isos

I can change usb mode to the umd and create a dump but this is a long process when i want to play my legal umds and it takes up all the space on my memory card which i use for mp3s during gameplay

Any ideas people?

tgm123
August 28th, 2007, 17:06
also i forgot to mention, i always keep a backup of my flash memory when i upgrade to a new custom firmware

i have the full flash1 and flash0 from the point where i upgraded to 3.52 M33 - 4

i have also tried to delete my flash and copy these files over

but that didnt work

pt9087
August 29th, 2007, 02:50
The old way of getting "disk cannot be read" was to take out the battery and put it back in, but other than that i cant see any other way to get UMDs working!

No ISO talk! Its bad anyways! if your gonna do it... do it secretly!

tgm123
August 29th, 2007, 09:12
that didnt work for me,

i thought that idstorage.prx held all my idstorage keys, well i do have a backup of my entire flash0 and flash1 from a working point, but restoring of these backups did nothing to fix my problem

i really need to have my umd working,

i might just swap my motherboard with some noob who asks me to erm, "fix" his psp lol

tgm123
August 29th, 2007, 15:34
ok so ive don just about everything i can think of and googled for to get the umd drive to read umd, still no luck

is there any chance of the idstorage keys being hacked so that you dont have to have signed ones?

or do you think id be better off sending my psp back to sony for repair?

or get a new motherboard?

tgm123
August 29th, 2007, 19:32
ive managed to update my keys with the clean ta-082 set and now my keys are reporting that they are fine, but i still cannot load umd.

tgm123
August 29th, 2007, 19:33
and another thing, i cannot run any official updater from the xmb

i have to use the pandora setup to flash whatever official firmware i want, i had to flash 2.71 from the pandora menu and used hen-d to make the keycleaner app work to put my keys back to ta-082 clean set

bigo1616
December 25th, 2007, 15:33
I am having this same problem and was googled with no avail will post back if anything is found

Prasoc
December 26th, 2007, 21:16
AFAIK, the sony updaters won't work anyway on CFW. dark alex stopped them from loading i think.

JLF65
December 30th, 2007, 13:09
The keys are not in idstorage.prx - that is the library used to read/write the keys. The keys are in a special part of the NAND right below the first partition - they are not in a partition or file at all. The only ways to backup the keys are with a full NAND dump, or by using a utility that can dump the keys individually (like KeyCleaner or IdStorage Manager). The latest version of nandtool has some key handling in it, but I haven't played with it.

You need to write YOUR keys back to get full use of the PSP, not someone else's keys. The keys that would make your UMB work again are encrypted to the specific PSP, which is why someone else's keys don't work on your PSP. If you don't have a backup of your original keys, you're pretty much screwed at the moment. There's not yet any way to get past this key issue.