PDA

View Full Version : Hexen II for PSP v 1.1

jurajstyk
August 29th, 2007, 02:08
PSP Hexen II ver. 1.1 is released

Package, source code and readme file available at: http://jurajstyk.host.sk/download.htm

Fixed Bugs:

- Rendering errors that could be observed at some places. Two kind of errors are fixed :
1. Problem with surfaces not being drawn sometimes (visible at village2 map at room with hidden portal )
2. Problem with rendering beyond the edge of surface (visible at demo3 map at section with bell and uderground passage)
- Switching between transparent and opaque water no longer requires map reloading
- Some fixes related to model transparency rendering

New Features:

- Support for suspending and resuming game
- Music playback trough MP3 implemented with MAD audio library
(can be switched on/off from options menu or from console)
- Optimised sky drawing
(three modes are available now : original, optimised , single color)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

PSPdemon
August 29th, 2007, 03:27
Has anyone been able to get this to work? cause i dont know what im doing wrong :S

( ive followed the readme, and it still comes up with "Missing or corrupted data file." )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Kojote
August 29th, 2007, 03:41
make sure you have the original "retail" version of hexen 2 for pc, then update it to v1.11 and use those datafiles as described in the readme.

PSPdemon
August 29th, 2007, 03:49
Ahhhh,

Thank you Kojote, looks like i have to find Hexen II :)

( i just bought a original copy of Quake..... and i noticed it has the RSAC logo on it, the esrb before esrb XD )

anyway,

Thank you once agian for the help!

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

wolfpack
August 29th, 2007, 03:51
yay an update to hexen 2, i just started playing it over the weekend, this should be fun :D

Kojote
August 29th, 2007, 05:07
i never touched hexen 2 yet on any system... it's hard to find time to play games these days :)

work, updating my own page (even it's not fully public yet), wife, etc... :)

anyway... have lots of fun with it ^^

siulmagic
August 29th, 2007, 06:31
hmm it wont load my save game

btw great work =)

Raziel-chan
October 22nd, 2007, 19:47
Is there any way to run it on the pspS&L? I tried the eloader (which worked for Quake), but it didn't work...

cya
Raziel-chan

Honorless_One
April 11th, 2008, 08:54
I loved this game when it first came out, and I'm very happy it's been ported to the PSP. I'm also a big fan of Jurajstyk's Quake 1 ports (Which are the best available, IMHO). My only gripe with Hexen 2 in it's current state is the lack of any kind of analog-nub strafe option. I know a lot of people hate aiming with the face buttons, but I personally hate aiming with my left hand. I also know it's a little early to be expecting this port ot be as polished as the Quake ports, but I like to play on higher difficulties, and I'd rather fight monsters than controls. I'm deffinately looking forward to Jurajstyk's future releases.

noname1
May 8th, 2008, 15:00
Is there any way to run it on the pspS&L? I tried the eloader (which worked for Quake), but it didn't work...

cya
Raziel-chan

Same problem for me the only thing i got was a black screen with the e-loader and, a error without the e-loader :(

P.S my english is bad.

Someguywithagun
August 19th, 2008, 06:50
I really don't know what to do, i've tried everything but it keeps giving me an error code, i know the Read me tells me everything i must do but i don't know what i'm doing wrong, or is it just my firmware? I own a slim PSP with CFW of 3.71 M33

da1writer
August 19th, 2008, 07:24
I really don't know what to do, i've tried everything but it keeps giving me an error code, i know the Read me tells me everything i must do but i don't know what i'm doing wrong, or is it just my firmware? I own a slim PSP with CFW of 3.71 M33

I was in the same shoes as you as I recently got a slim psp and couldn't play this great game due to the websites only releasing the 1.5 eboots of the file. Check out jurajstyk main website here:
http://jurajstyk.host.sk/download.htm
Go down the page and grabe the [User Mode] version.
Enjoy! PM me if you have any problems, I'll reply to it tomorrow if you do so.

Someguywithagun
August 20th, 2008, 01:10
The User Mode eboot is great! it does work and doesn't give me an error code, but it there's another problem, when i start it, it goes, but then it tells me that i have corrupted or missing data to run it, even when i have the full version of hexen II and i've also upgraded it to version 1.11, anything i may be missing?

da1writer
August 20th, 2008, 01:41
The User Mode eboot is great! it does work and doesn't give me an error code, but it there's another problem, when i start it, it goes, but then it tells me that i have corrupted or missing data to run it, even when i have the full version of hexen II and i've also upgraded it to version 1.11, anything i may be missing?

Alright, check your pm for better help.

Someguywithagun
August 20th, 2008, 03:12
I don't think i properly got the PM, either that or i'm not going to the right spot. Could you just explain it to me right here? And again thanks for lending me a hand, sorry if i'm troublesome. :/

da1writer
August 20th, 2008, 09:05
Let' see a few things...
1) Do you have any plugins on that could be interfering? Turn them off to see if it does anything.
2) Did you place the Hexen II folder into you "GAME" Folder? Don't place in any other folder or it might not work. To give you an example where it should go, my PSP Drive is "G" on my computer (so yours might be different. It should go in G:\PSP\GAME. Not 4.XX or whatever cfw folder (3.90, etc.)
3) Are you sure your in the right kernal? After reseting your psp, Hold R when you start it back up and you should be in the recovery menu. Go to "Configuration->", Then "Game folder homebrew". Make sure it says "(Currently: 4.XX Kernal)" After pandoraing my slim,I happen to find that my CFW kernal changed to 1.5 kernal for some reason.

I have a PSP slim at 4.01 M33-2 and the game boots up and runs great. It should be working for yours as well and totally confuses me that it still doesn't. I'll PM you again in a few seconds.