PDA

View Full Version : GameTech set to release Nintendo DS save game transfer system

wraggster
August 29th, 2007, 06:39
via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/28/gametech-set-to-release-nintendo-ds-save-game-transfer-system/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/08/gametech-ds-08-28.jpg

Those looking to be a little more selective in the Nintendo DS-related media they transfer to and from their PC will soon have a new option from GameTech, which is set to release the above hardware/software combo in Japan on August 31st. While there unfortunately doesn't appear to be much more info than what you see on the box, the system seems to be straightforward enough, consisting a USB stick-sized device that'll accommodate your DS cart and some software (Windows only) that'll help you backup and manage your save game files. Of course, we're sure there's plenty of folks that'll find more uses for the thing than just save games, although it doesn't seem like GameTech's willing to help you in that department.

naruto777
August 29th, 2007, 12:27
If this is for .sav files...wow.

omgpwn
August 29th, 2007, 12:30
Thats odd.. I dont really understand fully how this works but that is pritty neat

TeenDev
August 29th, 2007, 13:22
sure it's only for SAV files but hell yeah I want it.... its got that little reader thing...

Dragonic
August 29th, 2007, 19:49
wow! this thing is really cool! mabye ripping can be easier done with this thing.(i don't say that I rip things, I only say that it maybe will be easier to rip with this thing...)

TeenDev
August 29th, 2007, 20:24
there's nothing wrong with ripping saves...

Dragonic
August 29th, 2007, 20:32
not saves, I mean games. If someone makes a Windows app that can rip games with the reader, everything will be so much easier!(I think)

lightningquickguy14
August 30th, 2007, 01:10
Yeah, I've already lost my Final Fantasy III data... this would be very useful for me.

Eyedunno
August 30th, 2007, 03:00
I can do it with ReinMoon on my SD SuperCard, but this removes some steps. Seems pretty nice.

It would be great if someone comes up with a hack to rip games too, as I don't like having to use download sites to put games I already own on my R4. After all, you don't have to use SoulSeek to put your CDs on an iPod...

We'll see if someone in the Japanese DS scene comes up with something... If they do, I'll buy one.

saicrazyfire
August 31st, 2007, 06:09
if this allows you to put the save files back in, im pretty sure you can hex edit the save files and change it around. Theres already a program that hacks Pokemon Diamond/Pearl .sav files.

tsimehC
August 31st, 2007, 20:40
The Action Replay Duo did this (not as easily as it's shown on that box) but it got the job done.

ClamJuice
September 1st, 2007, 05:04
Now, given the aptitude of the homebrew community, I'm sure they'll be able to make that device do all kinds of wonderful things. If it can read/write on a DS card, then it'll be ultimately useful. If a blank DS card gets released for use with the device, then we could load homebrew (and subsequently other .nds files) to it and run them just like regular games. That'd be nice especially if the blank NDS cards were cheap enough to get by the dozen...

Edit: Of course, why would any company release blank NDS cards?