PDA

View Full Version : FlickBook 0.1 - an animation toy

wraggster
August 29th, 2007, 18:38
News/release from Masscat (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14023&sid=7bab1b49d507911fb40b0dc1cb9baaf3)

FlickBook is a cell animation toy. You can get it from here. (http://masscat.afraid.org/ninds/bins/FlickBook_0_1.nds)

It requires a DLDI device that supports writing, so patch in the normal way.

Here is a jpg (http://masscat.afraid.org/ninds/flickbook_controls.jpg) giving a indication of what the buttons do.

Other controls:
You can move the drawing area and tool windows by holding 'down' on the D-pad or 'B' and then dragging the area around with the stylus.
You can zoom in and out of the drawing area by holding 'up' on the D-pad or 'X' and then dragging up and down with the stylus.
You can scroll through the animation frames by holding one of the shoulder buttons and dragging left and right with the stylus.

I will post a Java application to convert the FlickBook animations into AVI files within the next few days.

Enjoy

XDelusion
August 29th, 2007, 18:53
This is going to come in very very handy!

Thankx a lot, great idea!

stevo11185
August 29th, 2007, 18:58
Gif animator....For DS :D

jay001
August 29th, 2007, 20:32
been waiting for something like this for quite some time. cant wait for some updates though; more colours, easier GUI, and ive noticed that sometimes when drawing you might get a random line across the screen with the chosen colour, that could be fixed.
very nice all together.

Dragonic
August 29th, 2007, 21:23
this thing is really nice! but it's pretty hard to use... And sometimes its just freeze for a little time... But I really wating for new versions, this is just the beginning(I hope)! This can be(and alredy is)a very good app!

Da_ALC
August 29th, 2007, 22:15
been waiting for something like this for quite some time. cant wait for some updates though; more colours, easier GUI, and ive noticed that sometimes when drawing you might get a random line across the screen with the chosen colour, that could be fixed.
very nice all together.

I wonder what you understand by 0.1 ...?

funem
August 30th, 2007, 00:53
I wonder what you understand by 0.1 ...?

At a guess I would say that 0.1 is not a full release and therefore feedback on any issues would be welcome as per his post ;)

miiroufle
August 30th, 2007, 08:38
:thumbup: already very handy.
Thanks for the lefties controls sir.

jay001
August 30th, 2007, 17:20
At a guess I would say that 0.1 is not a full release and therefore feedback on any issues would be welcome as per his post ;)

thanks Funem, its funny how people dont understand the difference between moaning and feedback :thumbup:

jojotjuh
August 30th, 2007, 20:41
very good release, but destroyed all data on my memory card (forgot to save before closing the app)

so a memo to all:
SAVE BEFORE YOU TURN IT OF< I HAD ALL MY DATA ERASED

jay001
August 30th, 2007, 22:01
very good release, but destroyed all data on my memory card (forgot to save before closing the app)

so a memo to all:
SAVE BEFORE YOU TURN IT OF< I HAD ALL MY DATA ERASED

well that slightly put me off a bit, seeing as i dont remember all that well. think i will just wait for a safe release.

jojotjuh
September 1st, 2007, 00:15
i'll dp some more testing on it now, will post back results tomorrow
edit: no tests for me, the site now says

FlickBook Releases
Version 0.1 - 2007-08-29

* Initial release

* No longer available because file writing problems.