PDA

View Full Version : Defence Station Portable 1.1 - Updated to version 1.1a

wraggster
August 29th, 2007, 21:26
Danzel (http://localhost.geek.nz/?p=34) has updated his Defence Station Portable game for the PSP.

Heres the release info:

This version has a slightly longer River TD, plenty of playability fixes and fixes/improves the bugs that prevented many other people from releasing their own maps.
There is also a difficulty modifier, so daring folks can try play the levels through with more difficulty. Try beat River TD on 2.0x difficulty, I DOUBLE DARE YA!

Mapdevs, check the updated leveldev.doc, the file formats are still the same but you can now override more of the images, check levels/test as an example :-)

ChangeLog:
Add "How To Play" level.
Difficulty multiplier. (bigger number = more enemy HP)
Show tower stats while placing one.
Add "Save the house" mode.
Show range rings when upgrading towers (Yes, you can upgrade towers! :P select one on the map with X)
Show Wave XX/XX Text between waves.
Most game graphics customisable by level.
Fix loading levels made on windows.
Fix Quitting level in middle of wave stops player starting wave.
Fix points (Max 10 points / normal enemy, 40 points / boss. Quicker kill = more points)

Updated Version released 1.1a

Fixes the redsubmarine issue >_>
Fixes Difficulty changing on PSP

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ab88
August 30th, 2007, 01:03
This is one of the best if not the best homebrew game I have tried for the PSP.
I recommend everyone to give it a try.

Broadus
August 31st, 2007, 00:37
The last release of this didn't work at all for me... This one works perfectly, though, and this homebrew game is awesome! Reminds me of Starcraft's defense maps, though this is only one-player. This is pretty cool!
It'd be nice if the various waves were more balanced, and if there were more levels. The purple turtles and boats almost had me beaten, but virtually every other wave is extremely easy. Even the last one was very anti-climactic.
It's hard to achieve balance, especially in the different kinds of turrets and their upgrades, but it'll be nice to see everything improve in future releases. As it is, it's still pretty fun.

hokk
September 1st, 2008, 11:11
Yeah I digged this one up, sorry lads but I have been searching for a tower defense for psp and this one seems promising.

But problem is this version ain't slim compatible, and I didn't get it to work by recompiling the EBOOT.PBP..
Anyone knows a version that works with slim or knows another tower def. that does?

Thanks!

carlitx
September 1st, 2008, 16:24
What kind of HB Game is this?

hokk
September 1st, 2008, 18:51
Never heard of tower defense? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_defense