PDA

View Full Version : IR Keyboard Driver? ( for PSP IRC )

PSPdemon
August 29th, 2007, 23:01
Well,

I got a new IR Keyboard today.... ( Belkin IR :D ) and i like how i can have my psp in the middle of it... but im trying to figure out how to build a driver for PSP IRC.

It works partly ( when i press t it types 2 and ~......stuff like that ) but im wondering how i could make it work correctly?

Is there a place where i can get a already built driver for it?

I would love to get this working :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

zx-81
August 29th, 2007, 23:23
You may find a simple test program (given with libpspirkeyb) and the source of the libpspirkeyb i use (with some minor difference compared to the one you can checkout from the ps2dev subversion tree).

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/irkeyb/

PSPdemon
August 30th, 2007, 02:20
hmmmm.....

this doesnt look as easy as i thought.... ( ive tried for about 2 hours with no sucess :( )

ill keep on trying to getting it to work...

Thanks for the tip though, ill see what i can do with that :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

edit:

heres what my keyboard is

Belkin IR PDA Keyboard - F8U1500-E

ive been looking at alot of things and came across one person (Dr. Vegetable ) who has found a way ( atleast it sounds like he has ) to get it to work ( though i cant check because my enviroment got deleted with the destructive restore i did :( )

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=4332&highlight=belkin

I know it would be alot to ask for support for this keyboard........ but i would really appreciate it :) ( then my psp becomes something useful :D )

Thanks for you time :)

zx-81
August 30th, 2007, 12:59
I don't own a Belkin keyboard myself, so i can't develop or test any driver for it ... however you can find a targus keyboard for 15$ on ebay ;).

guymelef
November 11th, 2008, 07:12
So this is still a dead thread?

What a shame.

zx-81
November 11th, 2008, 14:44
can you explain ? i don't get it ...

guymelef
November 14th, 2008, 01:38
I was just being passive.

I really want to see the belkin series implemented.

I have found some forums on NOOBZ that says that the keyboard has been added but that it won't be implemented until the next OFFICIAL version (it isn't implemented in unofficial 0.4).

I wish Christmas would hurry.

zx-81
November 15th, 2008, 14:38
Can you tell me if your keyboard works with this version :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/pspirc/pspirc-v1.1.7-beta-fw5x.zip

(you have to modify the keyboard id parameter in pspirkeyb.ini file
(3 - Belkin IR F8U1500 IrDA) and modify the keymap (to qwerty.ini ?)

guymelef
November 18th, 2008, 05:53
GLORIOUS!!!!

It works!

of course I need to do more testing but so far it works.

How do I merge this with PiKey so I can use it in the xmb for the web browser?

guymelef
November 18th, 2008, 06:35
I am not bitchin' and you didn't ask for feedback, but here's my annoying user comments

the zero key doesn't work
the comma is mapped to the DEL key

-who needs that crap anyway

thanks

guymelef
November 18th, 2008, 06:47
Guess what, MORE WHINING!
All that hard work, and now some chode is going to bitch about it.

Is PSP WRITE going to see an update to include the Belkin IR F8U1500 IrDA. I noticed that there is a gap in the ini file. anyway cheers and thanks.

zx-81
November 18th, 2008, 07:40
GLORIOUS!!!!

It works!

of course I need to do more testing but so far it works.

How do I merge this with PiKey so I can use it in the xmb for the web browser?

pspirc doesn't work with pikey and it doesn't share any plugin/prx or code. i guess that if you want to use keyboard with the web browser you have to install latest unofficial pikey version.

(but be aware, you have to disable pikey to run pspirc)

zx-81
November 18th, 2008, 07:41
Is PSP WRITE going to see an update to include the Belkin IR F8U1500 IrDA. I noticed that there is a gap in the ini file. anyway cheers and thanks.

I was waitting to know if it worked for you or not. About your key issue you may have to edit the keymap file and remap keys properly.

darkphyre
April 4th, 2009, 19:36
Hello zx-81,

The beta driver that you wrote for the PSPirc program for the Belkin IR F8U1500 IrDA keyboards worked great! Would it be possible to release a quick beta version of afkim 3.3.7 that supports the Belkin IR F8U1500 IrDA keyboard as well? It would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you and keep up the excellent work! =)

zx-81
April 5th, 2009, 20:54
You may try this one :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/afkim/afkim-v3.3.7-build2-fw5x.zip

darkphyre
April 5th, 2009, 21:57
You may try this one :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/afkim/afkim-v3.3.7-build2-fw5x.zip

well, the keyboard works...but now afkim freezes when trying to resolve im.bitlbee.org. I tried using another server like bitlbee1.asnetinc.net and some other one, but it just freezes... can you fix that please? :/

edit: nevermind. i put it in the GAME5xx folder and it worked! thanks!

irannakedintown
May 26th, 2010, 14:44
i just got the same belkin irda keyboard with 5.50 gen-d3. cant seem to get it to work on the pspirc you provided. am i missing something? what cfw are you running?

jhonka232
June 2nd, 2010, 20:30
These drivers work great for my Belkin F8U1500, could you put these drivers on PSP VNC, that would be great!

zx-81
June 18th, 2010, 12:37
there are several drivers versions for irda keyboard support, i've got only a targus keyboard i've tested only with this keyboard.