PDA

View Full Version : GPS 2.90 never finds satalite signal

Mesoian
August 30th, 2007, 03:50
Hey all.

I have a PSP running 3.52m3-4 with a Sony 2.90 and Mapthis .05. I'm using the extracted pspacc.prx and pspgps.prx that I got off the custom firmware. Everything seems to run without a hitch, save the fact that whenever I turn the thing on, the GPS never connects to any satalites, at all. I left it outside for about an hour today and it never linked with any of them, at all.

Am I doing something wrong?

PDG
August 30th, 2007, 08:21
Hey all.

I have a PSP running 3.52m3-4 with a Sony 2.90 and Mapthis .05. I'm using the extracted pspacc.prx and pspgps.prx that I got off the custom firmware. Everything seems to run without a hitch, save the fact that whenever I turn the thing on, the GPS never connects to any satalites, at all. I left it outside for about an hour today and it never linked with any of them, at all.

Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have Satlock after a while when youre in the GPS info screen ?

Did you press Square?

Did you set the CPU to 110Mhz and turned of Wifi ;)

Do you have a Ta-082 mobo ?

These questions have ben posted so meny times now *Lol*

lansingone
August 31st, 2007, 01:38
try making a folder in your memory stick root called "camprx" and putting copys of your prx files in there

if this worked then you should be able to go into GPS information and see "GPS STATE: ON"

Mesoian
August 31st, 2007, 04:31
Thanks, I got it. Apparently the mountain I'm on is really bad for signal lock. I couldn't get a lock until I went two towns over. Then when I was picking up blue dragon in best buy, it achieved lock. Then I got a flat tire. Then I changed the tire, and it held lock all the way home, until I got home, and all satalites were lost again.

So the problem is me. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

PDG
August 31st, 2007, 08:57
Thanks, I got it. Apparently the mountain I'm on is really bad for signal lock. I couldn't get a lock until I went two towns over. Then when I was picking up blue dragon in best buy, it achieved lock. Then I got a flat tire. Then I changed the tire, and it held lock all the way home, until I got home, and all satalites were lost again.

So the problem is me. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Oh, that was sad to hear about.
glad you got it working, sad to hear you had to go away and get a flat before it worked.

Maby a Holux GPS unit would work better for you, i just got my M1000 unit and ill test it this weekend.
Ive heard it locks sats mouch better than the 290 :)

da_invince
September 3rd, 2007, 11:27
PDG, where did you get and how much is your Holux M1000? is it working well with PSP?

I'm running 3.52 M33-4, weighing b/w 290 and other gps receivers.

PDG
September 3rd, 2007, 17:07
PDG, where did you get and how much is your Holux M1000? is it working well with PSP?

I'm running 3.52 M33-4, weighing b/w 290 and other gps receivers.

My first GPS for PSP was the PSP-290, and My second a Holux M1000.

It works very well with MapThis v0.5 and im happy i got it for free thanx to my old friend and sponsor Hansi at www.psxcare.com :thumbup:
He wanted me to write a review about it and so, the unit costs about 60 EURO and thats Cheap in my eyes.

I noticed you could use a Nokia Battery too and im running one right now :) "BL-5C"

I made a Custom GPS cable for it so i can charge the GPS unit and my PSP at the same time, info about this is posted here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=507696&postcount=3

I posted some Pics in my gallery at www.pspfaq.tk too about the modified cable ;)