PDA

View Full Version : [BETA RELEASE] PSPRestore Bèta 2

Noob2PSP
August 30th, 2007, 12:53
Hi everyone,

I have just released my Homebrew app PSPRestore Bèta 2.
What can you do with this app?
Well, with this app can you restore your psp in just a few seconds
Here a list with the current functions of the Bèta 2 :

- Restore Stuck Pixels (Updated!)
- Change CPU speed
- Restore the default XMB theme (Updated!)
- POC : Brick your PSP (by the release of Pandora's battery) (Updated!)
- I'm working on more and better functions.

Download : Here (http://sqsqcc.freehostia.com/Noob2007/downloads.php?cat_id=10&download_id=27)
Report bugs please.

http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/27348/2003160247406742174_rs.jpg
http://aycu02.webshots.com/image/25441/2001342233128687631_rs.jpg

Anonymous D
August 30th, 2007, 12:57
you do know you dont need to brick to use pandoras battery, and plus, if ur running homebrew why wud ouy need to run pandoras battery?

-Xandu-
August 30th, 2007, 12:57
Who would want a BRICK PSP button??

Noob2PSP
August 30th, 2007, 12:59
you do know you dont need to brick to use pandoras battery, and plus, if ur running homebrew why wud ouy need to run pandoras battery?

Who would want a BRICK PSP button??

It's only a proof of concept

Cloudhunter
August 30th, 2007, 15:02
I suggest you move the "brick PSP" function. Who would intentionally release a application to brick a PSP, especially when it wasn't needed? :/

Cloudy

Mr. Shizzy
August 30th, 2007, 15:04
It's only a proof of concept

ROTFL :rofl:

-Xandu-
August 30th, 2007, 15:09
- POC : Brick your PSP (by the release of Pandora's battery) (Updated!)
Guarantees 100% brick!
Brick safely from now on!

Cloudhunter
August 30th, 2007, 15:19
Other useless features... Changing CPU speed in an app that wouldn't even use 100 MHz!

And the default theme restorer - will only work on 3.52 M33 only and semi brick on all the others. Plus, it's got official firmware files embedded in it :) So it is also illegal.

Why not call it a pixel fixer and be done with it?

This is barely more useful than Hello World - and you don't see those released on forums!

Cloudy

Noob2PSP
August 30th, 2007, 16:01
Other useless features... Changing CPU speed in an app that wouldn't even use 100 MHz!

And the default theme restorer - will only work on 3.52 M33 only and semi brick on all the others. Plus, it's got official firmware files embedded in it So it is also illegal.

This is barely more useful than Hello World - and you don't see those released on forums!

Cloudy

It's just a beta release, the default theme installer is just if you forgot take a backup and you want the default theme back. The brick function : i wil delete it, i now, it useless, but in beta 3 are there much more functions.

Cloudhunter
August 30th, 2007, 16:14
It's just a beta release, the default theme installer is just if you forgot take a backup and you want the default theme back. The brick function : i wil delete it, i now, it useless, but in beta 3 are there much more functions.

In future, I'd wait until it actually had useful features before it was released. Including a feature to brick PSP's has made you a bit of a laughing stock...

Cloudy

DarthPaul
August 30th, 2007, 16:15
Lool! A brick option! :rofl: :p
Good start Noob2PSP,I know it's not that good yet,but it's a good start. Good luck with your future projects!

And the default theme restorer - will only work on 3.52 M33 only and semi brick on all the others. Plus, it's got official firmware files embedded in it :) So it is also illegal.

Cloudy

Hey Cloudy,before anything,please don't take this as an offense,or else.
Ok,I have seen almost every comment you post on every application or release like this. You always with your negative critics. It's not bad,I know,the coders always need negative critics so they could improve their work,but I think you're a little bit "over the line".
We know that this thing isn't very useful for us. But it is extremely useful for him. He learns from this,from his error. Why don't you let the coders be happy? This doesn't hurt you,does it? So why do you always do this? Thanks to people like you many coders are leaving the scene,let's let them do their work on their own way. If you don't like it,cool. If you don't need it,cool. If you think it's a piece of crap,cool. Then why don't you make something? :)

brunobelo
August 30th, 2007, 16:32
At least by now, I can't download using the link... But great app, I'm waiting to test it!

Cloudhunter
August 30th, 2007, 16:33
Excuse me? You obviously have no idea on which coders I talk to on a daily basis, so I can assure you that coders aren't leaving the scene because of people like me - they leave the scene because of whiny little kids, who think coders owe them.

And if coders can't handle a bit of negative criticism - why do they put their balls on the line by releasing stuff?

You saying they'll learn - they won't learn without people telling them where they have gone wrong.

At the end of the day, this isn't really useful for anyone - there are a billion pixel fixers out there and if people back up their theme properly, then they won't need the default rco.

And I am making something thanks - and it'll be alot more useful than this.

Cloudy

brunobelo
August 30th, 2007, 16:36
Lool! A brick option! :rofl: :p
Good start Noob2PSP,I know it's not that good yet,but it's a good start. Good luck with your future projects!

I know that this maybe sound funny, but I'm downloading this app for bricking my PSP! I don't have a bricked PSP for testing my Pandora battery... Ok, I'm downloading to brick AND to use the "remove dead pixel"option. Otherwise I'll have to open my PSP and put my finger on the screen and do the massage... I'm too lazy to do this. :-D

DarthPaul
August 30th, 2007, 16:37
Cloudhunter:

There could be millions of pixel fixers or whatever,but he can not start with something huge like a Custom Firmware..

I know that this maybe sound funny, but I'm downloading this app for bricking my PSP! I don't have a bricked PSP for testing my Pandora battery... Ok, I'm downloading to brick AND to use the "remove dead pixel"option. Otherwise I'll have to open my PSP and put my finger on the screen and do the massage... I'm too lazy to do this. :-D

Lol does that work? Doing a massage to the screen fixes it? xD
Because one my PSP's got a pretty ugly black mark on the screen that I can't fix with anything. I hate it. :(

Lol it has like 23209382389232932 dead pixels. >.<
Look::(
http://i1.tinypic.com/4t5u6q9.jpg

brunobelo
August 30th, 2007, 16:53
Lol does that work? Doing a massage to the screen fixes it? xD
Because one my PSP's got a pretty ugly black mark on the screen that I can't fix with anything. I hate it. :(

Yeah, with ME it never worked, but a friend of mine made the massage on his monitor and one of the 2 dead pixels vanished. And I saw. On my DS didn't worked and on the PSP I've never tried. :-)

But try it. What do you have to lose?

DarthPaul
August 30th, 2007, 16:57
Well I can't lose anything,but what if my finger prints stay there forever? Lol..

But I will try it,thanks. :D

watupgroupie
August 30th, 2007, 17:28
Well I can't lose anything,but what if my finger prints stay there forever? Lol..

But I will try it,thanks. :DI've never done this but i suggest that you DON'T just use your finger. Take glass cleaning cloth(you know the cloth that you use to clean your glasses when they get smudged.). That way you won't get your fingerprint on the screen and your still putting pressure on it.

Sterist
August 30th, 2007, 19:31
lol it does give a warning or an "Are you sure?" .......right?

noorhak
August 30th, 2007, 20:37
Hey Noob2PSP I Am From A Different Forum And Me And A Few Other Members Are Developing A New Custom Firmware For PSP Wold You Like To Join Our Team And Programm Some Stuff For Us

Noob2PSP
August 30th, 2007, 21:07
hmmm, normally i'm working alone, but i will think about it. (what need i do, if i join?)

Buddy4point0
August 30th, 2007, 23:39
lol brick psp button. def not good to have. its easy to do, just remove all the flash 0 and 1 files.
but dude, cmon thats just stupid

Cloudhunter
August 31st, 2007, 03:17
Hey Noob2PSP I Am From A Different Forum And Me And A Few Other Members Are Developing A New Custom Firmware For PSP Wold You Like To Join Our Team And Programm Some Stuff For Us

If you type like that, I garantuee you don't have the skills to create a custom firmware.

Cloudy

brunobelo
August 31st, 2007, 03:32
If you type like that, I garantuee you don't have the skills to create a custom firmware.

Cloudy

I REALLY have to agree with you. :-)

fpcreator2000
August 31st, 2007, 07:02
I REALLY have to agree with you. :-)

I agree with the both of you, and also why would you have a brick function on the app?! The fact that you are releasing a proof of concept is good, more power to you, but the brick function?! What purpose would this serve? Is it for people to try out the pandora battery? If so, the coder who would try this would probably have other ways to do this than to brick the PSP. I unbricked mine using the recovery menu because it was partialy bricked, and ran an OE (this was before M33) update as a recovery app, but of course, this only works if you have access to recovery menu at start-up. The pandora battery will unbrick any psp, whether semi or fully bricked, but why would I run the chance of bricking it?

I'd leave that function out. I don't see any practical use at all, but you said it was proof of concept. I do have to say one thing, putting functions in because you can for the purposes of testing is one thing, but releasing malicious code (bricking a psp, with or without the pandora battery, is never good) whether for proof of concept or not, is never good. I would suggest removing such code, and updating the app, and having DCEMU take down the original release because I know there are plenty of idiots out there that will actually use the function just out of pure stupidity. But I guess some people need to learn the hard way.

Well, you are coding for the scene which is more than I can say for the rest of the cry babies out there that are hounding coders for updates or the leechers that just leech off of other without giving any contribution. Continue on the good work, but please remove that option.

Cokemusic
August 31st, 2007, 08:49
Lol in a way this app acts as an idiot filter.

Anyone who presses "yes" when they're asked "do you realy want to brick your psp ?"

Probably needs to get a DS.

pimp12
August 31st, 2007, 20:06
I hate this app my bro took it and accidently bricked it now I need to do alot of flashing..........(Thank god I had the Pandora Battery and MS)

hikaru1
September 2nd, 2007, 11:22
Hi. I'm just wondering how the dead pixel recovery works. Cuz I never tried something like this, so I'm not sure what are the steps. Do I just select that option and the program'll do the rest? Thanks =)