PDA

View Full Version : Moonshell Plugin

Sondar
August 30th, 2007, 13:44
Hi,

My name's Sondar and i have recently purchased a M3 Ds simply and have so far filled up 2 1gb micro sd cards with homebrew goodness. So now i would like to give something back to the homebrew community.

Probably my favourite thing about all the homebrew programs that i have is the Video function on Moonshell. However i really dont like having encode a video each time i watch it.

So my idea is to create a plugin Moonshell so it can play AVI, MPEG I etc. video files.

Is this possible? I have gathered some tools together (PAlib, Microsoft Visual C++ and devkit Pro) and although i have little to no experience I am really determined to create this plugin.

So, is this possible? Can you give me any tips, hints or help?

Thanks in advance,
Sondar

Dragonic
August 30th, 2007, 17:48
I think it's possible. Well, I can't code NDS things, but I think that it could work!

sonikku88
August 30th, 2007, 21:15
I would have thought that if it was possible, it would have been done by now. But maybe nobody's bothered. I don't mind converting videos to DPG.

Tikker
September 1st, 2007, 06:01
dpg was created for the low horsepower ds processors

if they could play normal avi's, etc it would be doing it already ;)

::Xraxa, plz:.
September 1st, 2007, 06:15
Id say go for it, Id definity tesst the beta if you needed it. And if it works out itll be a major convienience.

Sondar
September 2nd, 2007, 07:02
Id say go for it, Id definity tesst the beta if you needed it. And if it works out itll be a major convienience.

Thank you! The only problem is that I dont know where to start! I know nothing about what makes up Moonshell Plugins or how to start making one.

Dragonic
September 2nd, 2007, 17:50
Maybe you should take a look on the other plugins? If it can be to some help... I don't know, but try!

Sondar
September 3rd, 2007, 08:19
Maybe you should take a look on the other plugins? If it can be to some help... I don't know, but try!

What sort of Plugins did you have in mind?

Dragonic
September 3rd, 2007, 12:34
The other Plugins... I don't know, but maybe the DPG plugin or something. I mean, so you can se how they've built there plugins. It was just a thought.