PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's Box Easier-Installer

wraggster
August 30th, 2007, 15:20
XsavioR (http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3312) posted this news/release:

Well perhaps I was bored so I made an installer for the Pandora's Battery. Its a bit of a pain to set up , This should help some people.

Download the .rar
Unzip with winrar
Run the setup (this part must be unzipped to c:\)
Double click the Shortcut to Pandora's Box
Click the second button to launch the installer

Faq isnt in yet due to thinking its simple enough not to need one.

Beware dont go converting your only battery, Once its converted, and you hard boot you will need to get a "normal" battery to start your psp .

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
August 30th, 2007, 16:13
Cool I love this kind of applications. We have that Gui released days ago already,but oh well,not bad to have one more option.
I'm still with a bricked PSP, haven't unbrick it yet. It looks funny like that. But I might try one of these and see if they're really helpful.

Cloudhunter
August 30th, 2007, 16:15
DarthPaul - You need a homebrew capable PSP in order to unbrick.

Cloudy

DarthPaul
August 30th, 2007, 16:18
Uh.. I knew that. Thanks though.

I have 4 PSP's by the way.

kjetil1991
August 30th, 2007, 16:53
hm! you say you need a extra battery why not just plug in the charger

NitrousB
August 30th, 2007, 17:12
I was gonna say the same thing, just start the psp with the charger plugged in and the battery out.

Hiei311
August 30th, 2007, 18:02
I was gonna say the same thing, just start the psp with the charger plugged in and the battery out.

ummmmmm what if ur on the road no car charger
and what if ur on a airplane or if ur just walked around and want to start playing it???

MicroNut
August 30th, 2007, 18:22
It is possible to use a Pandora Battery as a normal battery once its converted.
And you can always convert it back.

Tutorial: How to run your PSP normally using a Pandora Battery (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=76297)
by psychospacefish

1.) Format your memstick
2.) Install msipl.bin using msinst.exe
3.) Start up your PSP (if battery is currently Pandora use AC adapter), and use a program to access the flash via USB (recovery mode, USBSSS)
4.) Copy the kd directory from flash0 onto your computer
5.) Copy the registry directory from flash1 onto your computer
6.) Copy these folders to the root of your memstick.
7.) Start up your PSP with the Pandora Battery and the jigstick.

DarthPaul
Make sure to dump the nand of your bricked psp first.
You can use it to recover the PSP's unique ID_Storage keys if you need too.

paladinja
August 30th, 2007, 18:45
okay so... two quick questions for anyone who's a bit more informed about this trick than I am.
#1: Is there a way to restore a battery to normal, is that function included in this app? (it'd be a great addition if it isn't)

#2: Does it matter what motherboard you have? Or will this app (or pandora in general) work on ANY non-"slim" psp?

I've yet to brick, I'm looking into this as an hassle-free way to make a friend's psp homebrew friendly.

I'd REALLY appreciate some wizdom droppage.
Thanks in advance.

MicroNut
August 30th, 2007, 20:35
okay so... two quick questions for anyone who's a bit more informed about this trick than I am.
#1: Is there a way to restore a battery to normal, is that function included in this app? (it'd be a great addition if it isn't)

#2: Does it matter what motherboard you have? Or will this app (or pandora in general) work on ANY non-"slim" psp?

I've yet to brick, I'm looking into this as an hassle-free way to make a friend's psp homebrew friendly.

I'd REALLY appreciate some wizdom droppage.
Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, it is included.
Once you have created Pandora you will see that option.

2. No, it does not matter what motherboard you have. Yes, it will work on ANY PSP. (not slim)

Links to Guides and more Information (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=505068&postcount=6)

First Rule of Pandora: Backup your NAND.

paladinja
August 30th, 2007, 23:04
Thank you sir. As usual, an answer raises a question (ie: what is NAND {i know in physics it means "not and" but im sure it's something else in psphysics} But I'll look through the info you linked for me and try figuring it out on my own)

Any of the new customFWs as good as the good old DA's?

Buddy4point0
August 30th, 2007, 23:35
sweet thank! i just bought a new battery so the old one is now becomming pandora! great installer

XsavioR
August 31st, 2007, 07:59
It is possible to use a Pandora Battery as a normal battery once its converted.
And you can always convert it back.

Tutorial: How to run your PSP normally using a Pandora Battery (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=76297)
by psychospacefish

1.) Format your memstick
2.) Install msipl.bin using msinst.exe
3.) Start up your PSP (if battery is currently Pandora use AC adapter), and use a program to access the flash via USB (recovery mode, USBSSS)
4.) Copy the kd directory from flash0 onto your computer
5.) Copy the registry directory from flash1 onto your computer
6.) Copy these folders to the root of your memstick.
7.) Start up your PSP with the Pandora Battery and the jigstick.

DarthPaul
Make sure to dump the nand of your bricked psp first.
You can use it to recover the PSP's unique ID_Storage keys if you need too.

Some Psp's wont turn on with ONLY ac adapter. For instance mine didn't. I tried every combination I could think of. It just doesnt turn on with out a standard battery (after Hardbooting with a pandora's) I suspect its having to do with idstorage. I used the original 2.71 DG. So for the sake of avoiding Negitive post by people in my spot. I just advised against it. Roe-ur-boat had told me he was able to start with ac, but i was not.

MicroNut
August 31st, 2007, 08:22
I am just pointing out that its "possible"

Because this is "possible" running firmware from the memory stick is possible.

So if what you are saying is true then:
Running 1.5 / Any other firmware from the MS [Using Pandora] Guide (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=505696#post505696)

Will be impossible for some PSP's

XsavioR
September 1st, 2007, 17:20
I am just pointing out that its "possible"

Because this is "possible" running firmware from the memory stick is possible.

So if what you are saying is true then:
Running 1.5 / Any other firmware from the MS [Using Pandora] Guide (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=505696#post505696)

Will be impossible for some PSP's

I believe this to be true. When I attempt to start the psp , with no battery installed. The green light lights for aprox 1 second, and goes off. Sorta like a bricked psp would do , Just the MS light does absolutely nothing.

cage128
November 25th, 2007, 09:44
hi, thanks for uploading this man. i have a SONY upgraded FW 3.71M33 and i want to downgrade it. it says on the requirements mine has to be a CUSTOM FW?... can i downgrade with this?

elkee19
February 5th, 2008, 16:28
actually pandora *works* on slim..

ohdaesu1
April 5th, 2008, 01:35
when i try to boot the pandora's battery creator from my game menu in xmb try to run this program i get a 'game could not be started. (80020148)' error. i am using a slim cfw 3.90 m33-3. i have tried multiple batteries, but i get the same error every time. i have followed the instructions and ran through the process three times. any reason this might happen?

footballer62
April 6th, 2008, 07:32
awesome, thanks for this info, will be much helped when i get a psp!

rambutan21
April 6th, 2008, 19:41
Sorry first time poster here don't bite too hard.

If you are worried about the switching from normal to pandora battery I found this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/battery-service-Convert-normal-Pandora/dp/B00171U8MG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1207507214&sr=1-4

the battery service tool converts from normal to service battery really easily. For me its the best solution out there.

borlean
April 8th, 2008, 18:06
new to the psp sceen, as i sold my 1.50 orig psp a long time ago and just recently bought one to start playing again. It came with OF 3.73 and i bought a second battery and waiting for it to arrive so i can do the pandora's trick. So ive watched videos and done all this research to learn what i can about downgrading to 1.5 the hard way, and once i complete the setup, ill need my new verison of CFW to put on the psp.

Once the Pandora trick is completed, will the psp be a "brick" and no playable until i install new CFW?

My problem is where to find theses CFW to download. ive heard of PSP-Hacks but they are down atm. Just wondering if this setup just puts your psp down to 1.50 then im responisble to put in my own CFW.

Im also looking for the PSX emulator so i can play my newly ripped FFXII :D

blueberryblunts
June 28th, 2008, 08:24
I have been trying to figure out how to make a padoras battery and magic memorystick for ever. Iwant to know how?