PDA

View Full Version : Are Game Publishers Late To The (Wii and DS) Game?

wraggster
August 30th, 2007, 21:02
via /. (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/30/183246)

A new 'Analyze This' feature on Gamasutra examines analysts' views on the rise of Nintendo's Wii and DS, and how well game publishers have reacted to it, with Wedbush Morgan's Michael Pachter commenting: 'It's hard to criticize anyone for putting too much faith in the PS3, as most [publishers] haven't created "cutting edge" titles yet for that platform. Most of the PS3 titles so far have been perennial titles, like Madden, Tony Hawk, etc ... I'd say that most failed to capitalize on the DS and Wii opportunity. The exception on the DS side is THQ, which has made every game it can for the platform. On the Wii side, Ubisoft took a big chance by making ten games for the [Wii] launch window, and it has performed very well, so far. I think that the others will catch up no later than early next year.'

Emulation_Chief
August 31st, 2007, 04:56
Hello:

Developers aren't late for jumping to the Wii and DS bandwagon. They are just too slow for testing something new.

Nintendo got right with this new machines this time. The fiasco of Virtual Boy and the dissapointing Gamecube doesn't last forever.

With Sony and MS dominating last-gen formats, many of us would have thought that the big N go nuts by announcing the "Revolution". They even using already existing technology. Motion-sensing is noting new to the industry. Nintendo only managed to make it work almost flawlessly and bring them to the mass consumer at cheaper prices.

The same can be said to it dual-screen handheld. Touch screen on a portable machine is nothing new either. Some of us will remember Tiger Electronics's Game.Com. I still have mine. Its a very good handheld to play with. the touching screen is an interesting design. Nintendo perfected the capabilities of this feature and creates something entertaining and very functional about it.

These "new ways" to play videogames are catching the attention of the industry, as well as making very big bucks around it. Now that developers knows the possible profitability of bringing games to Wii and DS, they will provide more resources to those machines as next year pass.

ganondorf
August 31st, 2007, 05:25
These "new ways" to play videogames are catching the attention of the industry, as well as making very big bucks around it. Now that developers knows the possible profitability of bringing games to Wii and DS, they will provide more
resources to those machines as next year pass.

I completely agree with you. They see that the wii and the ds has a lot of potential. So now more developers will consider the wii and ds.

A good start leads to a good ending. Its like a pyramid. If the wii is selling very well at the beggining stages of its life, then developers will start creating games for it. More games means more fans. More fans, means more buyers.

I see a bright future for the wii and ds.