PDA

View Full Version : NeoGeo CD compatibility list

ArugulaZ
June 28th, 2005, 06:42
Someone's got to start this topic! Anyway, here's what I've discovered so far:

KING OF FIGHTERS '94: Runs. Solid graphics, with no apparent glitches.
NINJA COMMANDO: Runs. Sprites disappear at random, but still playable.
FIGHTER'S HISTORY DYNAMITE: Runs. Seems faster than other Neo-Geo CD games running under this emulator. Part of Jean's background was missing during the first round of a battle with him... it reappeared in the second.
TWINKLE STAR SPRITES: Runs. Solid graphics; only one noticable glitch during a cut scene between rounds.
KING OF FIGHTERS '99: Runs. No noticable graphic glitches. Seems slower than other games on the emulator. Five second access time between fights.
PULSTAR: Runs. No noticable graphic glitches. Here's one game where you'll be THANKFUL for the slower speed!

The Neo-Geo CD games I've tested run at about 75%-80% speed, with a full frame rate but no sound.

JR

Laguna
June 28th, 2005, 16:09
i have many neogeo games but cant get the emu to work goddamnit :)
did you try kof98 or kof99??? maybe Kabuki Klash - Far East of Eden?

LordVox
June 28th, 2005, 17:03
Does the NeoCD emu support regular Neo Geo roms?

ProphetZG
June 28th, 2005, 18:17
No, NeoCD only supports NeoGeo CD games. As the name suggests.

Other games that work:

Real Bout Special
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2

Probably many more.

For those of you who don't understand, you cannot run regular NeoGeo ROMs on this emu. You can only run CD games. To do so, you must extract all the files from the ISO and place them in a zipped file names NeoCD.zip - don't bother including any mp3's if you have them, as they aren't used yet. Hopefully this emu will continue development, since it should be possible to run full speed with sound with enough work.

Laguna
June 28th, 2005, 18:58
No, NeoCD only supports NeoGeo CD games. As the name suggests.

Other games that work:

Real Bout Special
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2

Probably many more.

For those of you who don't understand, you cannot run regular NeoGeo ROMs on this emu. You can only run CD games. To do so, you must extract all the files from the ISO and place them in a zipped file names NeoCD.zip - don't bother including any mp3's if you have them, as they aren't used yet. Hopefully this emu will continue development, since it should be possible to run full speed with sound with enough work.

i am doing exactly what you are doing but it still dosnt work :(
can you plz zip your neocd/neocd% folders en send them to me? maybe with yousendit.com plz.

zektor
June 29th, 2005, 06:34
I have to give the Metal Slugs a go. All I tested were Blues Journey (glitchy) and Art Of Fighting, which only shows part of the title screen. It's good to know some others do work however.

LordVox
June 29th, 2005, 19:29
prophet-thanks for the heads up on that. i was not sure about regular NEo Geo support, but now I understand.
As far as I can tell, there is a Neo Pocket emulator, and a Neo CD emulator, but no Neo Geo (or Camcom/Neo Geo/SNK) emulator, other than whatever support is built into any of the MAME emulators.