PDA

View Full Version : New battery never reachs 100% !

Saracchini
August 31st, 2007, 13:19
I bought a original Sony battery recently .When charged it reaches at the first time only 40% of charge and says "Fully Charged" and the orange led shuts off. I played with it until it discharges and it takes a lot of time in 0% metter (about one hour). In the second charge it reached only 32% and when it arrived in 0% the PSP shutdow as a normal battery... the one which came with PSP and a fake battery works normaly...
This new battery is damaged ? The first thing which i did when i oppened the box is put it to charge ... i must discharge the battery first or not ?

wraggster
August 31st, 2007, 13:26
ive never had any problems with any of my PSP Batteries, i suppose that like Laptop batteries they will run down if not discharged properly,

May be a dodgy battery

jxx2005
August 31st, 2007, 13:52
where did you buy it from?

ICE
August 31st, 2007, 14:26
yeah thats a dodgy battery. did you buy an off brand one or the official?

sourced
August 31st, 2007, 14:30
prolly defective

Saracchini
August 31st, 2007, 16:04
Itś not appear a fake battery. So in the back face it shows exactly the same informations of the original one and it's doesnt made of a low-quality plastic as my "3600Mah" battery... the unique difference is: the battery wich came with PSP says "Made in China" and the newer says "Made in Japan" .

The box looks like this:
http://www.virtualantas.com/images/batterypackn-psp.gif

Ni-Cd batteries really needs a charge-discharge cicle and take a time to aquire full performance, but the PSP one is Li-on and even my fake one doesnt have this problem, all i just do is put it in the charger and wait about two hours.
And now it shows 30% and Fully Charged !!!

splodger15
August 31st, 2007, 21:15
Just out of curiousity where did you buy it from.

Saracchini
August 31st, 2007, 21:59
Just out of curiousity where did you buy it from.

I live in Brazil so i bougth it from a reliable seller of MercadoLivre (affiliated from e-bay) ... probabily you will never buy something there ! :p

In the worst case, if the battery continues to show this strange behavior the seller will replace the battery.

-Xandu-
August 31st, 2007, 22:03
That happened to me yesterday, but with my original battery. Try taking out the battery for a few minutes and try again.

Safari Al
August 31st, 2007, 22:08
wow this has never happend to me. It has happened to my brother though. try doing what xandu said