PDA

View Full Version : would this work on slim 200X ??

hacksparrow
September 2nd, 2007, 16:36
I am certain that they are legit. Remember that Ookm himself admitted that the 2.81 ta-86 psp were "hard downgradeable". You see psp's like these on ebay. someone in hong kong has crafted a machine that can forcibly rewrite the flash on any psp. With this equipment, they can make a 1.50 out of any psp and then try to sell it on ebay for an inflated price. SuccessHK must either be using a similar method, or they have simply managed to get their hands on a few.

Don't complain about how they came to be 1.50's, just buy one and have fun.

original discusion on pink blue & silver 1.5

could we forcibly rewrite the flash on 200x?

Axelius
September 2nd, 2007, 18:30
It might work, but probably not without changing this downgrade machine. Probably the motherboard is completely different. Sony is not stupid: They have released new motherboards for the "old" PSP, so why should they stop their behaviour with the "new" one?

Perhaps Sony even made some kind of blocking for 1.50 so that even when you make it to write the 1.50 files to the flash it doesn't work. Or 1.50 simply doesn't work because the hardware is addressed a little bit different by the software or whatever...

But I'm still of the opinion that one day the new PSP has full-homebrew support: Every code can be hacked! But it could be more difficult than we expect...Or easier?

However, the situation will only become clearer when more people and more hackers get the new PSP.

By the way: I'm not a programmer, so actually I might be wrong. I will stick with the old PSP anyway...:thumbup:

sourced
September 4th, 2007, 16:06
It might work, but probably not without changing this downgrade machine. Probably the motherboard is completely different. Sony is not stupid: They have released new motherboards for the "old" PSP, so why should they stop their behaviour with the "new" one?

Perhaps Sony even made some kind of blocking for 1.50 so that even when you make it to write the 1.50 files to the flash it doesn't work. Or 1.50 simply doesn't work because the hardware is addressed a little bit different by the software or whatever...

But I'm still of the opinion that one day the new PSP has full-homebrew support: Every code can be hacked! But it could be more difficult than we expect...Or easier?

However, the situation will only become clearer when more people and more hackers get the new PSP.

By the way: I'm not a programmer, so actually I might be wrong. I will stick with the old PSP anyway...:thumbup:

same here, i was never really planning to get the slim

Axelius
September 4th, 2007, 19:25
Hey cool, you have the Kool-Aid-Man in your sig. Oh, YEAH!!
(Yes, I know this is VERY Offtopic...)