PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Video Footage on PSP Slim

wraggster
September 2nd, 2007, 17:55
Dont get your hopes up, whisNL has posted a video of him trying the Pandora release on PSP Slim.

Video Via Comments

One thing i would like to see someone try is to make a PSP Slim battery into a Pandora Battery. maybe the battery holds the key (most likely not though)

xg917
September 2nd, 2007, 18:06
http://www.youtube.com/v/F_nonM5UF6s

interesting i guess

zelion
September 2nd, 2007, 18:14
Notice hes using a one of datels normal batteries. Doubtful datel stays exact to Sony's original battery plans. But then I've not tried using one with pandora on a normal psp.

Shiori
September 2nd, 2007, 18:23
wi-fi and pro duo lights did not turn on... The codes are not running. Expected.

The pandora battery did auto boot the psp. - Normal batteries. Slim or old do not do that.

Besides, can fw1.5 even be put on silm hardware???

(zelion, his datel p.battery made the normal psp boot service. So your comment is negligible.)

and why can these people never focus the camera? Worse than useless. haha.

- But thanks for trying! Imagine if this had of worked ^_^.

Axelius
September 2nd, 2007, 18:51
It's funny that he has to open the UMD-slot to prove that is is the "new" psp...It's hardly slimmer...:rofl:

IndianCheese
September 2nd, 2007, 19:41
Why did you say "Don't get your hopes up"? I thought it is a good thing that Pandora's Battery works on it...

V3N0M
September 2nd, 2007, 19:43
It's funny that he has to open the UMD-slot to prove that is is the "new" psp...It's hardly slimmer...:rofl:

Yeah thats what I thought. :p

Well I'm still going to pick up a PSP Slim at launch and see what happens. I have a feeling that they will find a way to make it work. Keep in mind Pandora isn't are only hope its very possible they're other exploits to be found.

Buddy4point0
September 2nd, 2007, 20:03
i cant wait to get this working, i would love custom firmware on my psp slim (not like ive bought one jyet though)

Shiori
September 2nd, 2007, 20:58
LMAO THATS NOT A PSP SLIM!!!

these are in order from beginning to end:

--notice at 3:12 seconds to go (beginning of the video) when he shows the D-pad and joystick, there is no speaker on the upper-half of the faceplate. THERE ARE SPEAKERS ON THE TOP OF THE SLIM's FRONT FACEPLATE.--at 2:52 sec to go, pause the video. note the two metal power connectors that interrupt the white line that goes between the faceplates. PSP SLIM DOES NOT HAVE THAT.

--at 2:51 sec to go, he takes the battery cover off. the cover is curved. PSP SLIM HAS FLAT BATTERY COVER.

--at 2:41-to-2:34 sec to go, watch the memory card protector. ITS BLACK AND ON THE BOTTOM FACE PLATE!! SLIM HAS WHITE COVER ON THE WHITE LINE! (attatched to neither faceplate) KEEP THIS IN MIND, AS LATER IN THE VIDEO HE WILL SHOW YOU A SLIM's AS WELL.

--at 2:30 sec to go, is another chance to see the absense of the front-faceplate speakers

--when he's showing the text at the top of the screen, note the rough dent-like surface along the top of the faceplate. SLIM DOES NOT HAVE THAT!

--at 2:12 sec to go, PAUSE VIDEO! look int he top of the screen. THAT's the SLIM

--at 2:05 sec to go, is another chance to see the wrong color AND positioned mem card cover.

-- at 2:01 sec to go, VERY IMPORTANT: freeze the frame. notice the "network" icon. THAT IS NOT ON FIRMWARE 1.50.

--at 2:00-to-1:54 sec to go, notice he's either covering up the port or somehow used magic to make the ir port disappear! (no IR on the SLIM). during this same time, notice he doesn't show you the top-right side. that's because there's a switch on the original, and SLIM has a pop-open.

--you may not be able to tell the difference, but he removed the UMD TRAY from the PSP for the video. the inside of a slim and original are very different

--if you have a fast enough eye, you will see the "Camera" icon as he scrolls by photo. that was new in firmware.... 2.80? 3.00? i forget but one of the two

--IT EVEN SAYS 3.60 WHEN HE SHOWS YOU THE VERSION!! its not THAT hard to see, come on people!

MORE COMING TO THIS POST: STAY TUNED

What the hell, are you REALLY that dumb?

He shows you a old psp first, to confirm that the pandora works. Then he uses it on the slim without sucsess.. dumbass.

Sterist = DUMBASS

Oh sorry, forgot dumbass bold red.

Sterist = DUMBASS

dgbbad
September 2nd, 2007, 21:03
lol....u beat me to it..

Sterist
September 2nd, 2007, 21:09
What the hell, are you REALLY that dumb?

He shows you a old psp first, to confirm that the pandora works. Then he uses it on the slim without sucsess.. dumbass.

Sterist = DUMBASS

Oh sorry, forgot dumbass bold red.

Sterist = DUMBASS

wtf you talkin about n whats your problem :cool:

Shiori
September 2nd, 2007, 21:10
God, I love kids imaginations.

Oh he deleted.

Lucky I got this.
Rofl.
:)http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5965/lolzov1.th.jpg (http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolzov1.jpg)

Can a moderator please take the appropriate action; he is clearly trying to provoke a row, in a thread that deserves commendation and interest.

DessyDago
September 2nd, 2007, 21:17
God, I love kids imaginations.

Oh he deleted.

Lucky I got this.
Rofl.
:)http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5965/lolzov1.th.jpg (http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolzov1.jpg)

Can a moderator please take the appropriate action; he is clearly trying to provoke a row, in a thread that deserves commendation and interest.

He made a mistake, i think your posts should be deleted more then his should. Plus the post is no longer there anymore, no reason to make a big deal outta it.

Shiori
September 2nd, 2007, 21:19
Im not worried about the mistake.

But deleting the error and then quoting me in such a victimising way leaves me no choice. To think that after his mistake, his intention was to make my post look like a random flame.

"wtf you talkin about n whats your problem"

End of discussion.

kjetil1991
September 2nd, 2007, 21:21
its different hardware and new firmware im not surprised think someone has to make anouther pandora for slim

Shiori
September 2nd, 2007, 21:22
kjetil, Do you find it interesting that the pandora battery can auto boot it? Unlike the norm batteries.

Sterist
September 2nd, 2007, 21:23
Im not worried about the mistake.

But deleting the error and then quoting me in such a victimising way leaves me no choice. To think that after his mistake, his intention was to make my post look like a random flame.

"wtf you talkin about n whats your problem"

lol damit

well i aint provoking anything ;) that was more defensive than offensive. if you took that offensively .... er, i take that back. if you felt "victimized" by that, you really need to toughen up and grow some ballz lol i just dont like my name next to "dumbass" coming from someone who is most likely a newcomer to homebrew compared to myself (not saying you are though ;))

misread the title, realized the mistake, and done away with it :D

that was going to be the last post here until you brought a screenshot up :rofl: oh sh*t huh? :eek:

this will prolly be the last post ;) hopefully anyway

edit: you will notice that 100% of what i said is accurate of a "would be" fake video

Shiori
September 2nd, 2007, 21:27
You have provided nothing positive to this news item at all. Stop now. You know full well what you were trying to do.

End of disscussion.

-

Does anyone find it interesting that the p.battery can auto boot the slim?

Sterist
September 2nd, 2007, 21:31
i know full well what i WAS trying to do ;) that was expose a fake vid.

ever since i stumbled across what it really is said to be showing, my goal was to pack the post and shut up lol

agreed. end of discussion

masamune
September 2nd, 2007, 21:44
I don't really think its weird that the battery booted the psp... thats what its supposed to do. I am however interested in how they kept it from running the code, also if it would have worked if whoever leaked the pandora battery hadn't done so.

Shiori
September 2nd, 2007, 21:55
I think the leak was faaar to late for sony to change the first productions of the psp slim.

Hardware change probably means the IPL is different, and 1.5fw wont even run on it?!

mike_jmg
September 3rd, 2007, 00:15
Yep that's right PSP was already on it's way when the pandora battery got released.

So no change on the hardware or software to prevent it, it would've been the same.

Damn!, I was hoping this could work, to enjoy some Homebrew on the PSP slim i'm planning to get

saveyou
September 3rd, 2007, 00:47
Hello Everyone :)

1.5FW can't run in the new PSP Slim without changes in it, mostly because the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) is different and probably the memory addresses to boot up correctly are also different. Though the PSP Slim starts up automatically when you insert the changed battery means that in a near future, after 3.60FW is totally decrypted, it will be easy to run it from MC using the Pandora's box.

Pandora's box battery start up is hardly to disappear from future versions of the, cause that way games couldn't be "saved" when you enter the psp in sleep mode (power button up once).

All I can say is good work to the vast group of people that puts in and invests a lot of time and hard work into bringing homebrew to every fan.

Best Regards.
Mick

Fanjita
September 3rd, 2007, 00:55
I think the leak was faaar to late for sony to change the first productions of the psp slim.

Hardware change probably means the IPL is different, and 1.5fw wont even run on it?!

Actually the leak was back in June, and it's quite likely that Sony could have got hold of it back then.

This is why it made no real difference to Slim's homebrew chances to release the battery when we did.

Shiori
September 3rd, 2007, 02:14
June? - Well, yes, that gives sony plenty of time to change the batch, if they even needed too...

- In my eyes. I can't see homebrew on the slim soon... Unless something big happens.

and Fanjita, I have to give kudos to all the downgrading breakthough's you have been involved in, and thankyou for keeping them legal. (The 3.50 downgrader for example, was something I never dreamed that could happen.)

E.J.
September 3rd, 2007, 02:36
It seems like the pandora battery gets the psp slim into service mode, but its very likely the ipl.bin provided with the released pandora pack can't boot on the psp slim hardware.

Anyway, its too soon yet, lets give some time to people on the scene to get a hold of the slim and see what happens after.

PD: Nice to see Fanjita still around :)

Squidman
September 3rd, 2007, 02:49
the first thing that caught my attention was that we could see the mans face in the psp's reflection....

the second thing that caught my attention was that he was using a 32mb memstick, and they stated that a 32mb stick would not work...yet the code booted on the PSPhat, and not on the PSlimP

Tetris999
September 3rd, 2007, 08:41
hmmmm anyway all i have to say is the thing i keep saying every single time a coder leaves or if something doesnt work

If someone desires homebrew on their psp then they will by all means try to get it, some of those people will be hackers

as long as theirs people wanting homebrew, i dont see how it will be barred for long

(P.S. Did you know there are many hackers like fanjita, D.A., math and such? and the only reason WHY they dont hack the psp is because someone is already doing it kinda like the m33 team, they didnt come when D.a. was in the game, because there was someone already doing it

so dont worry (well i dont) about many great psp hackers that leave the scene

oh and by all means still respect them for their hardwork just dont get bummed out when they want to leave)

my 2 long cents

Cloudhunter
September 3rd, 2007, 20:47
Well, I'd say the fact that the PSP turns on is a good sign - lets just hope that the IPL's aren't signed in different ways.

Cloudy

Johnny Rash
September 4th, 2007, 09:00
I really hope this can run homebrew soon. But I really don't mind the PSPhat.

I keep getting two different stories. Does the PSP Slim have 64MB RAM or 64MB NAND Flash? PM me.

cashboxz02
September 5th, 2007, 00:37
is there a way that the phat psp could get tv out through the usb out and a prx plugin. cuz i think usb means universal

XArt
September 16th, 2007, 15:30
Sony could make a USB device for TV out as it is USB 2 and so has the bandwidth to do it, even TV in for watching Digital TV could be done, but would make Fat PSP better than Slim PSP so don't think Sony will

Fat PSP has iR port, PSP Slim dosn't
So no universal remote controll for PSP Slim, Fat PSP only

Sony will not make a iR USB port for PSP Slim as they wouln't of taken it off in the first place.