PDA

View Full Version : Projects i Would Like to see Updated

wraggster
September 2nd, 2007, 20:59
The PSP Scene has seen some great releases, many of them apparently dead or simply not updated, As a fan of emulators above all else i would love to see a new release of PS1P (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ps1p-alpha-1-released-playstation-one-emulator-for-psp-43998.html) which is the best Playstation Emulator for the PSP bar the Official Sony Emulator.

Another emulator would be Sougens PSP Genesis (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgenesis.shtml) one of the very biggest emulators at the time and as with PS1P both were released exclusively on DCEmu Forums (unlike sites who would have you think were released on their forums)

3rd Emulator that really needs an update must be the Port of Mame for the PSP and more importantly the port of Chui (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/)`s Mame4All emulator ported to the PSP (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/emulators-for-psp-27399.html) by Kech.

Another project that i would dearly like to see news of would be the Snes emulator Snes_TYL (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snes9xtyl-beta-quick-save-state-and-autofire-patch-68061.html) by Yoyofr and co.

On the gaming side i would love to see a new version of Iris (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-homebrew-games-25168.html) a project by our very own PSmonkey which really took the PSP Scene to a new level and boasted such promise. Speaking of PSmonkey his Nintendo 64 Emulator (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/my-first-new-m64-build-nintendo-64-emulator-for-psp-35150.html) for the PSP showed such promise and is another that sorely needs to be revitalised.

Now i would never bug coders to restart projects or release new versions but these are projects that are so great that its a crying shame not to see new versions of them.

What projects would you like to see Updated ?

porchemasi
September 2nd, 2007, 21:04
Id love to see SNES fully done in ME with dynarec to allow 99.9% speed with full detailing!

Oh and of course the continuation of discontinued emus like MAME4U would be nice to c a new light !

Anyone gona tackle Sega Saturn or CD anytime soon??

urherenow
September 2nd, 2007, 21:10
I can agree with all but the PS1. Face it... Sony's is as perfect as any homebrew coder could ever get, so looking through the eyes of the coder... why bother? The others... at the very least it would be cool to see them turned into eboots that run off of the 3.52 core (m33s of course) and a few homebrew programs don't quite work in a game150 folder because the had hard paths built in instead of relative paths (they won't work uless they are in PSP/GAME). Thank god the recovery menu started by the OE firmwares let you change which kernel the game folder uses. Brilliant!

Zombo
September 2nd, 2007, 21:14
A Full Speed SNES emu with a Working cheat feature! >:P

A New MAME port...I mean come on you know the PSP needs one! Of course we have Marvel Vs Capcom,Street Fighter 2 etc..But why not the classics Donkey Kong,Tempest,Mortal Kombat,Pacman, etc? As someone said it best GP2X has all the fun! :P

Oh and a MUGEN port...Yes we have Infinity Cat but not only was that released Way back in early 06, the creator hasn't updated since the return of Elecbyte...And no one really knows when ShugenDo will come out.

M-Lin
September 2nd, 2007, 21:15
MAME, Snes and an update for the seemingly forgotten CaSTaway

winxp64
September 2nd, 2007, 21:24
Duke3D for the psp

source code for it is here

http://thesaint.mine.nu/~stereomike/

Baboon
September 2nd, 2007, 21:27
mame, mame and mame please.

Buddy4point0
September 2nd, 2007, 21:41
on the gaming side i would love to see a new version of Iris (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-homebrew-games-25168.html) a project by our very own PSmonkey which really took the PSP Scene to a new level and boasted such promise.
omg, completly i loved iris

hack.fool
September 2nd, 2007, 21:42
Snes TYL and MAME
would be awesome !

gunntims0103
September 2nd, 2007, 21:46
Infinity Cat Mugen or Shugendo!

SnoopKatt
September 2nd, 2007, 21:51
I would like to see the Monopoly game finished.

blackrave
September 2nd, 2007, 21:57
I have to say, even though PS1P is and was a really great piece of work, I don't see much of a point in updating it when we already have the full-speed, official PS1 emulator with good features and compatibility!

Both Iris and Monkey64 were fantastic at the time of release, and still are. But as far as I can remember, PSmonkey is working for someone that won't let him put any of his homebrew projects online, so those will never be updated (unless their sources are available). Besides, Daedalus - the only current and active N64 emulator - rocks, and I kind of doubt there will be a better N64 emulator than StrmnNrmn's.

When it comes to the Genesis/Megadrive, we have DGEN besides PSP Genesis, and that works extremely well.

The SNES emulator could need a little refreshment to give better speed on some games, but nearly all games run at an optimal speed, so I can't wish for more.

Updates to MAME would be great, and so would any Apple emulator. There are also many of the earlier homebrew releases that were original and fun, but never really finished and polished through. I can't name any examples, though.

But you know, not all discontinued projects need any more updates. Many of them are as good as perfect. However, updates with added features are always good!

cal360
September 2nd, 2007, 22:00
The snes emulator as I have to turn off the sound to play some games almost full speed.

CaptainMorgan4
September 2nd, 2007, 22:31
I'd like to see the SNES updated, they said we would hear something in "a couple weeks" and they would release a new version of it. But we haven't gotten anything and it's been a while. Really though I want to see a blog update from StrmnNrmn regarding R13.

Aryn
September 2nd, 2007, 22:33
I would love to see an SNES emulator that runs at full speed, perhaps an update that allows a Genesis emulator to run SEGA CD (which has already been done on the GP2X) and 32X would be nice. Duke 3D and Rise Of The Triad are rather unfinished as PC ports, so they need a bit of work.

Oh, and I am not sure if more current projects would count here but I am highly anticipating a version of DOS Box that runs games at full speed with sound even if only a few of them work, and am looking forward to the full version of No Gravity and the next Daedalus update.

Sonicboy 101
September 2nd, 2007, 22:41
I have to agree with updating PSP Genesis, i don't trust DGEN since it semi bricked my psp. Waste of download.

Cokemusic
September 2nd, 2007, 22:42
I working or at least 50% speed DS emu within the next 2-3 years.

Panini
September 2nd, 2007, 23:05
A new build of mame4all would be awesome.

jaws365
September 2nd, 2007, 23:09
Remotejoy!!!

hacksparrow
September 2nd, 2007, 23:16
i'd like to see a new devhook, & more than likely not goin to happen

& ofcourse a new DaX cfw

burrito
September 2nd, 2007, 23:53
SNES TYL, NesterJ, Daedalus, and the Sony web browser.

BrooksyX
September 2nd, 2007, 23:57
Id like to the next release of Daedalus 64 and Quake 2, both look very promising. I would also like to see the Duke Nukem 3D port finished and a version of Snes9x TYL with savestate and exit bugs fixed.

A mame4all update would be nice too.

Anonymous D
September 3rd, 2007, 00:05
an update or a new kind of game liek iris would be good with support for infratructure play.

qskint
September 3rd, 2007, 00:15
just wondering why wraggster thinks it would be worth continuing the ps1p emulator?

matt2k
September 3rd, 2007, 00:36
1. Would really like a PC Engine/Turbo Graphx emu that could play supercd2's as well as arcade cds. Super Graphx would be a plus. PCFX would be reaching too high. :D

2. Update the SNES emu, I can't enjoy any of the shmups cause they move too slow and/or have heavy mode 7 effects.( Space Megaforce, Axelay) :(

3. Perfect a Genesis/Megadrive emu. I don't like the fact I have to use one emu for some games and the other for other games. Sega CD would be a plus. :)

4. MAME for obvious reasons. :p

5. RAINE I think we could get better speed with this emu versus MAME. :thumbup:
I know the topic is updated emus, but I just wanted to throw this one out there.

tiosolid
September 3rd, 2007, 01:33
Emulators plx, MAME and SNES, at least

carlitx
September 3rd, 2007, 02:10
MAME, Snes and an update for the seemingly forgotten CaSTaway

yah a new snestyl or better would be nice, i have a few translated games(ie Gundam Wing Endless Duel) id like at full speed without the use of framskip involved. and i think ps1p will never be updated thnx to popstation.

amrod
September 3rd, 2007, 02:39
snes emu forsure... and mame :)

something like mameox on xbox would rock for a port of mame, with the virtual mem :)

Basil Zero
September 3rd, 2007, 03:47
1. A updated SNES emulator with more bug fixes such as the Save State bug issue which is still existant, along with a way to increase smoothness or playability with the hi res games such as Kirby SuperStar and Super Mario RPG.

2. A Updated GBA emulator, Gpsp 1.0 is what we need, there are still some games still unable to play correctly, such as Mario Tennis and Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga, along with that some games are missing graphics such as Final Fantasy VI Advance. Also a new interface would be nice along with more options such as the SNES 9x TYL emu has.

3. A Updated Sega Genesis emulator, there are still some games which arent working properly or wont even work at all, for example, Streets of Rage doesnt work, also since the Genesis is a bit of a weaker system than the SNES, one would think the games would play abit faster.

4. The Old N64 projects such as Iris.

5. DevHook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clerical_misery
September 3rd, 2007, 05:35
Definitely PS1P needs an update. As good as the popstation emulator is, it still cannot play "Skullmonkeys", "Ghost in the Shell" or the Team 13 shooter "X2", which makes for an incomplete Playstation experience in my books.

I'd also update MAME for more rom compatibility, and R-Gear for more levels.

cory1492
September 3rd, 2007, 06:09
I happily download and make excellent use of official and unofficial updates for bookr - too bad it has sat with no official updates for quite some time.

Robert de Clair
September 3rd, 2007, 06:38
My wishlist for improvements

SNES (TYL) - compatibility/speed/multiplayer by ADHOC
GENESIS (DGEN) - compatibility/speed/multiplayer by ADHOC
MAME4ALL - compatibility/speed/multiplayer by ADHOC
PSPUAE - compatibility/speed/multiplayer by ADHOC
GPSP - compatibility/speed/multiplayer by ADHOC
PSPRADIO - settings for wifi (static ip connection)

some of pojects are not dead but a works are slowed down or stopped

Broadus
September 3rd, 2007, 06:46
Why would you want a PS1 emulator update when the custom firmware now runs PS1 games full speed?
I'd like to see gpsp, the GBA emulator, have some Ad Hoc mode added.
Maybe faster SNES, but you can't just have "faster SNES".

saulin
September 3rd, 2007, 08:19
An update to the Snes emulator would be sweet, as well as a good Genesis and TG-16 emulator

b8a
September 3rd, 2007, 08:58
Wraggster's suggestions are all great. But he left one big one off the list:
PC Engine S/A/CD emulation
We have two great emulators that are so close to excellent, but mainly just need to be modified to deal with data tracks that are too large to fit in 32MB

It would be great to have a homebrew PS1 emulator for a bunch of reasons. Sony's might be excellent (haven't tried it yet), but we can't add new features to it or do anything about improving compatibility. It would also be great to use original images without having to "convert" them to EBOOTs.

cal360
September 3rd, 2007, 09:09
I have to agree with updating PSP Genesis, i don't trust DGEN since it semi bricked my psp. Waste of download.

How did it semi brick your PSP?

hacksparrow
September 3rd, 2007, 09:18
Definitely PS1P needs an update. As good as the popstation emulator is, it still cannot play "Skullmonkeys", "Ghost in the Shell" or the Team 13 shooter "X2", which makes for an incomplete Playstation experience in my books.

I'd also update MAME for more rom compatibility, and R-Gear for more levels.

i have ghost in the shell & it works fine on my ps2 and on psp. wot are your problems? sorry i don't have the other games

felonyr301
September 3rd, 2007, 10:07
for me it would have to be snes, it needs to fix that savestate problem which exists-beat zelda link to the past on the gba cuz it was retarded on the snes

Also improves it speeds where i can play star fox pretty good that is all i care about, every other game on the snes that i care plays good...

N64 obviously improve its speed and sound quality for those zelda games lol...

clerical_misery
September 3rd, 2007, 14:36
i have ghost in the shell & it works fine on my ps2 and on psp. wot are your problems? sorry i don't have the other games

The game starts off OK, but when the actual gameplay starts, everything freezes (including the sound). This was when I had 3.02 DAX firmware, so maybe things have improved? On which firmware did you first have success with GITS?

BTW, that's the same problem I run into on X2. (Skullmonkeys on the other hand just refuses to start entirely.)

Sonicboy 101
September 3rd, 2007, 14:49
How did it semi brick your PSP?

I put it on my psp like any other emulator, started it and it just turned off.
Turned it on and xmb froze up, kept doing it
So i had to recover via recovery
I dont see why people don't like psp genesis, its a great emu

cal360
September 3rd, 2007, 14:52
I put it on my psp like any other emulator, started it and it just turned off.
Turned it on and xmb froze up, kept doing it
So i had to recover via recovery
I dont see why people don't like psp genesis, its a great emu

That happened to me but all I did was go into recovery mode and click exit and I was on the XMB and it works fine now.

kharaboudjan
September 3rd, 2007, 15:26
1. Faster SNES
2. Faster N64
3. Faster PSPUAE

hope they will be faster anyday :)

Sousanator
September 3rd, 2007, 15:28
Id love to see SmashGP Updated,
the source was released, but nothing else came along

starogre
September 3rd, 2007, 15:37
SNES PLEASE

ya and i want rpg maker on my psp :)

runejayce
September 3rd, 2007, 16:00
I'd like to see a Media Player that plays Flash Video files as well as Divx/Xvid/WMV/MKV files.

Greg_Alexander
September 3rd, 2007, 16:14
If I had to choose one emu to be fully working, as it is on the PC, then it would have to be a MAME emulator. If there was one that worked as well as CPS1 & 2(Capcom arcade games emu), then I'd be very happy indeed.
Most other emus work reasonably well, CaSTaway, Snes, DGen, etc.

Also, a full speed CaPrice32(Amstrad CPC) update is needed.

Baboon
September 3rd, 2007, 16:16
My wishlist for improvements

SNES (TYL) - multiplayer by ADHOC
GENESIS (DGEN) - multiplayer by ADHOC

YOu do realise that That both of these emus already have AD HOC working for them?

I agree with ya on the others you mentioned though.

A mame4all with 4player support for tmnt would be a dream come true. :)

repuken2
September 3rd, 2007, 16:49
- Mame4All with better compatibility (bubble bobble?), and better fullscreen rendering (kinda blocky right now)

-Pc engine CD with mp3 support (hucards emulation ins perfect)

-Dgen with Sega CD support + 32X support

with all those psp would be a dream come true (it is already but i want more!!! at least MAME)

qskint
September 3rd, 2007, 18:32
amiga and cps3 fullspeed =)

brunobelo
September 3rd, 2007, 19:09
1. Would really like a PC Engine/Turbo Graphx emu that could play supercd2's as well as arcade cds. Super Graphx would be a plus. PCFX would be reaching too high. :D

2. Update the SNES emu, I can't enjoy any of the shmups cause they move too slow and/or have heavy mode 7 effects.( Space Megaforce, Axelay) :(

3. Perfect a Genesis/Megadrive emu. I don't like the fact I have to use one emu for some games and the other for other games. Sega CD would be a plus. :)

4. MAME for obvious reasons. :p

5. RAINE I think we could get better speed with this emu versus MAME. :thumbup:
I know the topic is updated emus, but I just wanted to throw this one out there.

PERFECT! I want the exact same thing! And I want PiMPStreamer working in 3.40+. I love all those apps! :-D

jinqui242
September 3rd, 2007, 19:29
I want gpSP 1.0, of course! And SNESTYL would be nice too.

jinqui242
September 3rd, 2007, 19:33
I working or at least 50% speed DS emu within the next 2-3 years.

Sure this is worth it? Stylus emulation would be irritating and not fast enough with the nub. Maybe as a tech demo, but to play games, not so sure.

M-Lin
September 3rd, 2007, 20:40
- Mame4All with better compatibility (bubble bobble?), and better fullscreen rendering (kinda blocky right now)

I agree completely - arcade Bubble Bobble would be amazing!!

Also someone mention GpSP 1.0 - love to see it

Welshboy
September 3rd, 2007, 21:46
I'd like to see the N64 emulator perfected one day, that would be stupidly amazing. The GBA emulator GPSP needs ad-hoc desperately.........there would be no advantage to playing pokemon on the DS or GBA itself then (providing everyone uses a PSP, which they should ;-)) and finally the Snes emulator or a port of Zsnes? which is arguably a far superior emulator to Snes9x in my opinion. Oh and any emulator with the ability to use Kaillera would just be out of this world. And Mame!!!!! more Mame!!!!!!! there is so much I want LMAO but I really do appreciate coders work, they have made my PSP into a dream machine.

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2007, 07:00
1.) Waiting for more news on Daedlus R13

2.) I would love to see improvements on SNES TYL, especially ad hoc mode, refreshing during multilayer and the desynchronizing is just annoying.

3.) I would love to see ad hoc link cable emulation in GPSP, it would be nice to have Pokemon battles ;)

4.) Ad hoc link cable emulation in Rin GBC emulator (once again Pokemon battles =P )

5.) I would love to see ad hoc in SMASH GP, come on that game is wicked fun but the whole point to SUPER SMASH BROS. was the multiplayer.

6.) I hope to see another update in PSP Tube soon, I really wish the audio and video wouldn't keep going out of sync, and to see support for other sites like veoh, dailymotion, stormberry, etc.

7.) I don't think the PSP can handle it but if PSP Revolution could play videos in the background that would be cool.

8.) I loved PSP LUA air hockey I wish there was ad hoc mode for it =P

9.) Infrastructure mode for NES would be kinda kool =P

10.) CPS-3 emulation?

11.) I wish they continued the Links 2 web browser I really thought that had potential.

12.) Wonder Swan has still never been perfected.

13.) NEO GEO Pocket hasn't been perfected I think =/

14.) If Remote Joy could be improved more that would be nice.

And that about wraps it up, and honestly the whole PS1 emulation thing, I seriously think we have that perfected except for ad hoc emulation which is the only good thing I could see out of a homebrew PS1 emulator at this point. Because honestly to spend the time and energy to try to make an emulator to compete with SONY'S is just like a waste of time. And no homebrew ad hoc mode for PS1 would be playable anyway more than likely.

15.) I wouldn't mind seeing Monkey 64 coming back into the game and giving us updates on IRIS and Monkey 64 =)

16.) AND FULL ADVANTAGE ON RECODING ALL EMULATORS AND MANY APPS ONCE NEW PSP HOPEFULLY GETS CRACKED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT EXTRA 32mb. OF RAM =D (sry for caps) ;)

NyghtcrawleR
September 4th, 2007, 07:08
1. Duke Nukem 3d port. Its almost finished but has been left hanging for so long. The source was released too I believe so it shouldnt be that hard to polish up. I mean no save states is just annoying.
2. SNES - A true fix to the no sound issue in save states
3. IRIS - A good project that was left really only in its beginning stages of what could be done.

pibs
September 4th, 2007, 07:30
Cps3 and a better MAME emulator.

jamotto
September 4th, 2007, 07:39
ThrottleX

Battlegrounds 3D - multiplayer support

PSP Brew

SnakeSP

Updates to any of the emulators

GSA1508
September 4th, 2007, 09:51
*As many also said.... MAME PLEASE!!!!!
*Also a real good GBA emulator
* A decent SNES emlautor with better compatibility
* Of course, MORE speed/compatibility on Daedalus

and... believ it or not.... a real working ATARI JAGUAR emulator..... that will be a wet dream.

hatebreeder
September 4th, 2007, 10:00
Smash Gpsp

kharaboudjan
September 4th, 2007, 10:44
*As many also said.... MAME PLEASE!!!!!
*Also a real good GBA emulator
* A decent SNES emlautor with better compatibility
* Of course, MORE speed/compatibility on Daedalus

and... believ it or not.... a real working ATARI JAGUAR emulator..... that will be a wet dream.

well we have gpSP 0.9. that is almost perfect...

Johnny Rash
September 4th, 2007, 11:43
Ad-hoc in PSPRevolution would be pretty leet!

I'd like to get down with the Ocarina of Time Full Speed on my PSP one day.
Alas, but dreams are only dreams.

GSA1508
September 5th, 2007, 05:32
I almost forgot..... I think many people are asking ...

WHAT HAPPENED TO HALO ZERO (for PSP) ???????

__________________?______________________

fucht017
September 7th, 2007, 01:11
Not realy a update of emulators...But i stil hope the original outrun from Yu Suzuki will be emulated....;)

hacksparrow
September 7th, 2007, 14:01
The game starts off OK, but when the actual gameplay starts, everything freezes (including the sound). This was when I had 3.02 DAX firmware, so maybe things have improved? On which firmware did you first have success with GITS?

BTW, that's the same problem I run into on X2. (Skullmonkeys on the other hand just refuses to start entirely.)the firmwares in my sig buddy, gits work on both 3.4oe & 3.52-4 m33 no probs, maybe extract the image & make a new ebootpbp?

pichon
September 7th, 2007, 14:27
A project I would like to see is a CPS3 emulator now that the protection has been broken, the PC emulator is almost perfect, it would be incredible to play SFIII3S on the go :eek:

kharaboudjan
September 7th, 2007, 17:11
yeah, CPS3 would be kind of nice. but who will do an emu for the psp for just 6 games? and it is a lot of work to make it work :P