PDA

View Full Version : LightMP3 Version 1.5.0

sakya
September 3rd, 2007, 08:35
Hi! :)

Just released LightMp3 Version 1.5.0

Changelog:
-Added: HP and RM on first line if headphones and/or remote controller are plugged.
-Added: the program checks the display brightness at startup and asks if you want to lower it
-Added: support to 22khz (plays fine with CPU at 40mhz), 24khz (plays fine with CPU at 40mhz) and 48khz mp3.
Note that to play 48khz mp3s the cpu must be raised to 80/85 mhz
-Added: Fastforward (no rewind, sorry). Press right and left to raise and lower playing speed.
-Added: volume bar
-Fixed: if you delete .scrobbler.log with LightMP3 running (activating USB), the file is recreated.
-Fixed: if the sample rate isn't supported an error message is shown

Download it from: http://sakya.altervista.org/new/index.php?mod=none_lightmp3

Ciaooo
Sakya

kryst abegnalie
September 3rd, 2007, 09:34
Wow, yesterday, I was converting all my mp3 with 22khz to 44khz, and now the new update can now play mp3s with 22khz, wow!!! Great work!! I will try it after I get home from my work, thanks Sakya!! Nice job!! :thumbup:

edit: one question though, how can i change the equalizer settings for it?? i still cant understand how to change from normal to rock mode..

edit: sorry, Ive seen your reply to me about the equalizer, thanks again!! :)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=507613#post507613

SnoopKatt
September 3rd, 2007, 10:03
This program is great :)

Mew
September 3rd, 2007, 16:39
I love this app!
I've used this on an over 15 hours bus-tour last week. Thanks to you, sakya, I had a very long fun at listen to my favorite mp3s :)
One of the most usefull apps for PSP ever.

DarthPaul
September 3rd, 2007, 17:23
Another update,nice! I haven't ever use it though. Not even put it on my PSP..

Wow, yesterday, I was converting all my mp3 with 22khz to 44khz, and now the new update can now play mp3s with 22khz :thumbup:

Lol you should be angry.

usp8riot
September 3rd, 2007, 18:51
Great work, Sakya! Love the FF feature. This is one of my favorite apps.

I haven't used the equalizer until now and didn't really have a need to since the sound is fine as is, but I just tried it using M33-4 and it takes a couple minutes to change it, if not more. The mem card light keeps going while trying to change. I'll keep trying to look into it and see if I can narrow it down.

Actually, it seems to be freezing on me now and once it hits "Pop" eq, it doesn't go anymore.

DrNicket
September 3rd, 2007, 21:55
For some reason I find I only get about 6 hours using LightMP3 v1.4.1 (or below). I usually got 6-10 hours just using the included xmb player.
I do like the options of LightMP3 metter though. Shuffle for one, though I crave a rewind that doesn't track jump.
Is it possible for LightMP3 to write a playlist and use it like WinAmp does? Track jumping in Shufflemode is annoying as it re-randomizes evry time. For example: When I play a few songs in a row, then track back once, it does not play the song I previously heard.

Keep up the great work.

usp8riot
September 3rd, 2007, 22:34
I think we got to be careful about all the requests though. If too much is implemented, it won't be such a resource-light player.

idk, maybe if this was skinned though with a great interface it would be a good replacement for the XMB. It could still be a lightweight player, I guess. Still, it's got all the features I'd want in a resource-light mp3 player.

kryst abegnalie
September 4th, 2007, 01:42
Lol you should be angry.

hahahaha, :rofl:

Anyways, when I play some songs with 22khz and played the volume boost, sometimes I hear some eerie sound, that I can only volume boost it to 1, but, it plays almost good to other songs, and I can use the remote control for this player, Good work Sakya, :)

aero9
September 5th, 2007, 13:22
how can i compile the code?
when i give the make command, i get an error "no such file" "png.h"

JPJunkie
September 5th, 2007, 17:30
Great app!

sakya
September 5th, 2007, 20:46

Some answers:
@DrNicket: shuffle should work properly since version 1.4.1
I have no problems with it: when I press L I go back to the previous random track...
Can you confirm your problem, please?
Battery life depends from CPU speed. At 68Mhz my battery (2 years old) lasts more than 10 hour.

@aero9: to compile version 1.5.0 you need libMad, zLib and libPNG.
zLib and libPNG are only required for the splashscreen (for the pspsource coding competition). Sorry, I forgot to mention this in the readme. ;)

@JPJunkie: Thanks. :)

Ciaooo
Sakya

burrito
September 5th, 2007, 22:00
sakya: do you plan to have support for skins in the next version of liightmp3?

double_d
September 20th, 2007, 01:28
When I compile this myself, the date and time in the bottom are both wrong. Help! :confused:
Other than that, great app.
This is definitely the best MP3 player at the current moment.
The playlist function is great, as is the low CPU power needed to play an MP3.
Don't bother with skinning. Maybe a few colour schemes at most. Stick with the lightness of it's current state.

Just my two cents. Great app.

sakya
September 20th, 2007, 18:21

When I compile this myself, the date and time in the bottom are both wrong. Help! :confused:
Don't bother with skinning. Maybe a few colour schemes at most. Stick with the lightness of it's current state.
Many thanks. :)
I don't know how the date and time can be different if you compile it by yourself...I'll have a look at this... :)
Next release (I don't know when I'll release it) will be somewhat lighter and have OGG Vorbis support.

Ciaooo
Sakya

lilcrazyaznboy
September 24th, 2007, 04:05
Sakya!!!, Light mp3 still rocks, but i can't fastforward on my psp remote.. I usually listen to songs with the psp head set, and it sux not having it to get it to work with the psp remote... Plzz fix this for the next version.. I understand that you can't make rewind, (that sux). But i hope the full release will have it to work. Thanks..

krank23
October 1st, 2007, 20:14
Seriously, this is the best MP3 player evet for the PSP. Who the heck needs skins and all that crap? All I want is music!

Anyways, change nothing. OK, perhaps a "lock buttons" thingie/button would be nice, you know, so one doesn't accidentally touch the buttons when using the PSP as a truly portable Mp3-player...

But anyways: Is there any chance at all that this marvel will ever work on the Slim? I'm gonna sell my fattie soon to get a slim, and the slim, alas, has no 1.50 kernel support. So please, please, PRETTY please make a slim-compatible version...

kryst abegnalie
October 2nd, 2007, 04:11
Seriously, this is the best MP3 player evet for the PSP. Who the heck needs skins and all that crap? All I want is music!

Anyways, change nothing. OK, perhaps a "lock buttons" thingie/button would be nice, you know, so one doesn't accidentally touch the buttons when using the PSP as a truly portable Mp3-player...

You can use the hold switch so that it can be lock and not accidentally push buttons while playing.. I always using that and put it in my bag.. :cool:

lilcrazyaznboy
October 3rd, 2007, 18:57
You can use the hold switch so that it can be lock and not accidentally push buttons while playing.. I always using that and put it in my bag.. :cool:
Lol, I do exact same thing. I put the psp in my bag, and set the lightmp3 on playlist mode, and i have the music i want listen to. Hahaha. Simply the best mp3 player ever.;)

krank23
October 9th, 2007, 19:52
As I just changed my Fattie for a Slim (I was seduced by TV-out and lesser weight), I'm kind of desperate - will there ever be a Slim-compatible version? The Slim can't do the 1.50 kernel...

popkidd
November 11th, 2008, 05:19
any way dis will work with my 1.5 original firmware?