PDA

View Full Version : startupmap

cydus21
September 3rd, 2007, 12:35
Hi all,

for those still having trouble with the startup map, the name of the map folder is CASE sensitive. not sure if anyone found this out yet. but yeah..

and @Deniska if u could make the config file GUI in mapthis! tat would be great! LOL

sin22eze
September 3rd, 2007, 13:39
do you neeed to put the underscore as well??
i have folder _Victoria.Australia

will it be wrtitten like this...
startupmap:_Victoria.Australia or Victoria.Australia?

i've tried both ways, and i still cant get it to startup??

cydus21
September 3rd, 2007, 14:59
yes u need a _

try to omit the . dunnon wats the logic in reading the config file.. i named mine _MELBOURNE and ONLY use mapthis! to change ur config file. do not use windows notepad but technically WORDpad should work thou.

sin22eze
September 4th, 2007, 16:11
thanks... i found out that by using all small caps it works....

_victoria

worked..... but when i rename the folder back to
_Victoria... and renamed it in the config file it didnt work again... so i think it folders needs to be in small caps for some reason.. well, at least it works now \

cheers

deniska
September 5th, 2007, 06:02
I thought I made it case insensitive way back, but I'll double check...
and yes, most windows editors tend to add "invisible" line breaks codes (^M ^R) which screw up string comparison in "C" code... so just use delete to remove trailing white space with config screen's editor.

zach5555
September 7th, 2007, 20:00
So how do i make it autostart?? I cant get it to work. I know i got it to work before with the psp-290 and map this 0.4.99. But now im on mapthis 0.5.01 and have the holux 240. I tried adding this map- _Fort Wayne, Indiana. Am i typeing it wrong?? Can someone show me how to type this?
Thanks

cydus21
September 8th, 2007, 04:54
ur startupmap name in config file has to match the folder name u r tryin to open. try to omit special characters like , or a space for ur case. make it simple and case sensitive.

zach5555
September 8th, 2007, 06:44
i still cant get it to work, can you please give me some examples??? The maps name is _Fort Wayne, Indiana.
I have tried just naming it _fort but that doesn't seem to work. Can you please type it how its supposed to be and i can just copy and paste it onto mine???
Thanks

cydus21
September 8th, 2007, 12:02
_fort is fine..

to make sure everything is working, name it _FORT (with caps) and only use mapthis! to edit the config file.. unless u r using unix. and make sure ur FOLDER name and config file matches.

eg.
if FOLDER NAME is _FORT
in config file: STARTUPMAP=_FORT

if in any case u have already use notepad to edit it, open it with WORDPAD instead. u will see extra line breaks. remove them and u shld be fine.

the_troll
September 8th, 2007, 16:28
Same here. I've tried all lower case, using mapthis only to edit, and nothing. It doesn't autostart.

_losangeles, is my map folder.

cydus21
September 9th, 2007, 04:48
ok let me sum this up.. follow closely and it will work

1. name ur folder in all UPPER CASE eg. _MELBOURNE

2. start mapthis! -> select a map -> go to config

3. scroll down till the >> is on STARTUPMAP

4. press X to edit..

5 delete the whole map name ie. whatever is after the _ eg. MELBOURNE for my case

6 type it in using mapthis! again.

7 press start to save. NEXT STEP IS IMPORTANT!!

8 press X to edit again to check the flashing _ is ON the last charater and not after it. if not follow all of step 9 else skip step 9

9.1. if it is after the last character, press triangle to delete it.
9.2. press start to save it
9.3. click on X again to check if the flashing _ is ON the last character (it should be now)

10. restart mapthis! it should work now.

beside being case sensitive, there is a problem of carriage return (CR) and line feed (LF) between mapthis! and notepad/wordpad. ok it doesn't really matter now. just make sure u dun use notepad/wordpad to edit anything.

*to 100% confirm that it is working, open using NOTEPAD but dun save anything. u will see

STARTUPMAP=_MELBOURNE############################# #####################

all in one line

but in mapthis! config, it will be seperated.

hope its clearer now!

zach5555
September 9th, 2007, 05:14
thanks but i still dont get it. Could you please post your config.txt file so i can see a full example??

Never mind i figured it out

Nieko
September 9th, 2007, 08:48
Your folder name need not be in upper case. The folder I'm using is "_Netherlands_128_(10_3)_Map", and it works just fine.

It is indeed important that your config file uses Unix line breaks (LF) instead of Windows (CRLF) or Mac (CR). With CRLF, things didn't work for me either.

Try getting an editor that supports changing line break type (like UltraEdit or Vim).

cydus21
September 9th, 2007, 08:58
Your folder name need not be in upper case. The folder I'm using is "_Netherlands_128_(10_3)_Map", and it works just fine.

It is indeed important that your config file uses Unix line breaks (LF) instead of Windows (CRLF) or Mac (CR). With CRLF, things didn't work for me either.

Try getting an editor that supports changing line break type (like UltraEdit or Vim).

yeah i noe it need not be in upper case but if u edit in mapthis! its all in upper case even if u choose lower case. so to make sure it really works and save trouble i would recommand to name it all in upper case. :D

waichai
September 9th, 2007, 18:52
@cydus21
thank you, i finally got it :P

cydus21
September 11th, 2007, 04:49
Hi all,

i decided to do something about this problem and compiled the edited version with some added feature..

what has changed:
- u can now edit startupmap with notepad.
- case insensitive
- u can even not put in _

- sleeptime for zooming of map is reduced half.
(not sure if it will crash if u zoom fast. have not crash on me yet)

-auto zoom according to speed u r travelling. look below for more info

if u r compiling ur own version, code to do notepad check (@ ard line 973):

if (strncmp(line,"STARTUPMAP=",11)==0) {
char tempstartupmap[64];
int i;
strcpy(tempstartupmap,&line[11]);
for (i=0;i<strlen(tempstartupmap);i++) {
if (tempstartupmap[0] != '_') {
startupmap[0] = '_';
if (tempstartupmap[i] != '\n')
startupmap[i + 1] = tempstartupmap[i];
else
break;
} else {
if (tempstartupmap[i] != '\n')
startupmap[i] = tempstartupmap[i];
else
break;
}
}
startupmap[strlen(startupmap)-1]='\0';
}

code to do case insensitive (@ ard line 4362)
if (strcmpi(options[i],startupmap)==0) {

*NOTE the line number might be off a little as i've indented the code to my liking.

else.. eboot is below.. nothing much has change really.
Generic: EBOOT.PBP (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4DWWZYQ0)
PSP290: EBOOT.PBP (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EXIXN23B)
*if the links are not workin can someone direct me to a better place to upload my files

*NOTE 2!! important! i've not yet FULLY tested the auto zoom function! please back up ur original eboot. details of auto zoom are as follow:

- zoom interval to determine which level to zoom are by using the speedlimit u set divided by the max zoom level u have. EG.
6 zoom level and speed limit set at 60
each zoom level will be interval of 10.. so if u r travelling at 11, the zoom level will go to 2.
- auto zoom can be disabled in config file. thus u have to add to ur config file:
##################################################
###### Auto zoom according to current speed ######
##################################################
autozoom=1

1 for activating it and 0 for not...

Cheers!