PDA

View Full Version : Wii outsells PS3 by 3 to 1

Shrygue
September 3rd, 2007, 18:43
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82557)

The Nintendo Wii is proving three times as popular as PS3 in Japan - but the latest Enterbrain figures show the gap could be starting to narrow.

Bloomberg reports that in the four weeks ending August 26 Nintendo sold 245,653 Wii units. That means they've shifted more than 3.4 million in the region so far.

The figure for PS3 stood at 81,541 units, pushing lifetime sales past the 1.1 million mark. Just 11,288 Xbox 360 consoles were sold, with lifetime sales now at 442,290.
Advertisement

Wii outsold PS3 by 3 to 1 during August, but the ratio was 4 to 1 the previous month and 6 to 1 in May and June.

Between July and August Wii sales fell by 38 per cent, while Xbox 360 was down 37 per cent. The number of PlayStation 3 units sold dropped by 11 per cent.

PS3Fanboy
September 4th, 2007, 16:46
who cares about sales people dont buy the ps3 because there poor and very stupid, the wii has crap graphics games are only good if they have good graphics and thats why the ps3 is da best. and the 360 sucks because its graphics are worse than the ps3's

SnesR0X
September 4th, 2007, 19:24
who cares about sales people dont buy the ps3 because there poor and very stupid, the wii has crap graphics games are only good if they have good graphics and thats why the ps3 is da best. and the 360 sucks because its graphics are worse than the ps3's

You're probably joking, but if you're not, you sir, are insane. Don't insult poor people anyway, they can't help it.

DPyro
September 4th, 2007, 20:41
Ya, this type of news is getting kind of old. Of course it will sell better if its cheaper :rolleyes:

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2007, 01:51
Ya, this type of news is getting kind of old. Of course it will sell better if its cheaper :rolleyes:

I would love to say that the wii is selling better because of better marketing and advertisement... but honestly I am starting to think it has more to do with what you said. I fail to see how either system continues to sell at all considering the lack of software currently. Both have intriguing titles in their futures, but nothing to make me want to go out and purchase either machine yet.