PDA

View Full Version : Speed dependend zoom

mike_leber
September 3rd, 2007, 21:31
Hi deniska,

i think you have done a great job with mapthis. Thanks a lot.

But i have one future request and i think it should'nt be a great thing to do it, if you think it's worthy.

I used my psp in my car and my yamaha and one big thing was the missing zoom behaviour, especially on my motorbike it was hard to find the right zoom level with only one hand. :-) So i got an idea, whats about a
speed dependend zoom behaviour, this means if i drive very fast (german autobahn :-) ) i don't need a 200 m resolution in the other hand with 5 km/h it's highly possible i'am searching the right way! So it would be nice to be able to configure some speed dependend zoom steps! What do you think about it?

Kind regards

Mike

cydus21
September 4th, 2007, 03:40
WOW! tats a very gd idea! i would love that!

and mayb for benefit of those who just use it without GPS leave the manual zoom if gps was not turn on or something.. cool!!

but one problem is there might not be maps in all zoom level for some people thou.

mike_leber
September 4th, 2007, 06:18
I think the thing with the missing zoom levels can be solved via parametrisation. 10-20 -> level1 20-80 -> level3 and so on...

atari800
September 4th, 2007, 21:29
I had that in the Unofficial version
I based in on the (Distance warning + speed)/zoom

*psp got stolen and dont have code any more...well maybe in the archives

but I did put that in there - plus that also was used for more of a heads up alert too
*doing 65 miles per hour at an exit ramp, I wanted more than 50 feet to be aware of it

If you can find the old unofficial 499 it had that feature...but it seemed it froze up more (to me at least)

Codaz
September 4th, 2007, 22:48
Hmm don't you have the source on your pc Atari800 ? You coded on it there ?!

Newly compile it, upload it and your done :)

atari800
September 5th, 2007, 01:33
Sorry Codaz - no save - I reformatted my machine with VISTA

There were a couple of people that did ask for U-499 after I took it down. It is out there somewhere

However I am going to get a PSP....this is such a cool project...I want to get back in the game again

mike_leber
September 5th, 2007, 05:49
I think i have the source. I found a 0.499 beta unoffical version on my laptop with a atari signed readme file :thumbup:
If you want it i can send you via e-mail. I would do it by my own but i am a java gui programmer with only less time :mad:

Codaz
September 6th, 2007, 00:07
How many different versions did Atari800 make :D

Maybe it's the wrong thing but mike_leber give it a try :)

Maybe it's also on these forums :D

You only posted 108 postings on this forums Atari800 so it isn't too hard to find.

And save it when you get it so it wont get lost :)

I hope to see this in MapThis! 0.502 !

Codaz
September 6th, 2007, 00:26
Atari this is the version i found on my harddrive. Have fun, it's called Unoficial Mapthis and is originally zipped.