PDA

View Full Version : No official TV cable for new PSP at GB launch

wraggster
September 4th, 2007, 16:32
via gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/psp/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2007090395726171013&releaseId=20060313155021903080)

Game retailers will not be receiving official TV cables for the new PSP when it launches in Britain on September 14. An official spokesman for national retail chain GAME told GamesRadar that the cable, which is needed to play PSP games on a home TV set, would not be available at launch and that it was unknown when official units would arrive. It was also revealed that there won't be any colour choices available at launch - it's black only for now, with Ceramic White (and presumably the promised Ice Silver version) to follow at an unspecified date.

It seems odd that Sony would release the new model of PSP in Blighty without letting gamers enjoy its best new feature from day one. It's worth noting that PS3 doesn't ship with an HDMI cable (unlike Xbox 360 Elite), but this isn't just a case of 'doesn't have one in the box'. Apparently they just won't be available from the get-go.

We have also learned that there will be two versions of the cable - the first being a composite version that will let you watch media content but not play games, and the second being a component cable, which will let you see all PSP content on your TV. Yet another reason to buy a decent telly then. Incidentally, third-party cables will likely do the job just as well, although after a quick search we can't seem to find any available for preorder. GAME told us: "unfortunately we don’t have one available at the moment however it is something we are looking at for Q4". Hopefully someone will meet PSP gamers' needs.

We're still waiting for an official comment from Sony at the time of writing.

Sonicboy 101
September 4th, 2007, 16:37
Bah.
Sony once again shows it's hate to the UK.

cal360
September 4th, 2007, 16:41
Why Sony Why do you leave us in suspense over how it works.

gunntims0103
September 4th, 2007, 16:45
This is exactly why i despise Sony, but love there products...........

Shiori
September 4th, 2007, 21:44
Don't import one.
Or sony will sue your ass for your own "safety" .Don't want that crazy american cable getting in your eye!

This is VERY stupid. On all kinds of levels.

sukhi-2006
September 4th, 2007, 23:34
This is terrible the tv out cable is not supplied with psp and it will cost extra money which is no good now i've decided i won't be buying the slim psp i probably buy the gp2x-f200 console instead.

wolfpack
September 4th, 2007, 23:34
and this is why im proud to be an american :D
but really though its a shame for you guys, just import the stuff anyways, it should work even though your region codes are different from ours.

Johnny Rash
September 4th, 2007, 23:56
This is ridiculous. And people wonder why Sony is loosing the console wars. If they would stop screwing with their customers maybe people would feel more confident to buy their crap.

Shrygue
September 5th, 2007, 00:01
This stinks, to have no TV cable for the PSP 2 plus only being able to get it in just black at lanuch. I was thinking to get one the day it arrives but now I'm going to hold off until more colours come. I just hope the TV cable doesn't cost so much as well.

VexnadFett
September 5th, 2007, 04:30
this has nothing to do with being an american or not... it's because they worry that if they include a cable that's not compatible with a few peoples tvs, bam! they lost money "but hey, if we sell it separately for $20 then we could make a huge profit, you know since the new psp's video out is all people want from it anyway..." that's how companies work, get used to it...

IDidMyTime
September 5th, 2007, 15:48
and this is why im proud to be an american :D.

Because you have a inferior quality TV to PAL regions?

It will also be very interesting to see if there is a 50hz and 60hz option, forcing 60hz would cause some big problems, plus the fact i absolutely hate watching movies in 60hz.

I also hope theres options to stretch the image to full screen and to keep it at its native aspect, instead of forcing you to watch it in full screen.