PDA

View Full Version : PS3 firmware 1.92 is released

Shrygue
September 4th, 2007, 20:29
Sony Computer Entertainment has updated their firmware to version 1.92. It's only a minor thing though:

Playability status with the PS3 system has changed for some PLAYSTATION®3 format titles*.

* This does not affect titles in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania.

It is strange, however, that there was no version 1.91. Who knows why Sony skipped an 0.01 of a number...

Accordion
September 4th, 2007, 20:59
while nothing is confirmed the whole XMB experience seems somewhat faster, as does the browser and store.

i can only assume that these are not mentioned as to not put negative spin on the previous features.

[of course i have been away in the wild for a week and it could all be me getting used to technology again…]

splodger15
September 4th, 2007, 21:45
Useless update the stupid thing about is that you have to update to carry on playing your games online

Triv1um
September 4th, 2007, 22:46
I'm playing online now?

and no update, what the fork?

lmtlmt
September 4th, 2007, 23:17
maybe you were already playing then the update came along?

pibs
September 4th, 2007, 23:22
yea i did notice a slightly faster speed on the browser.

VexnadFett
September 5th, 2007, 04:18
the missing .01 was the one where the PS3 turns red, becomes self aware, and destroys: you, your dog, your grandmother and your house.... Sony decided not to release it cause they need to squeeze a little more money from people and have them get Heavenly Sword... so once we all buy that, 1.93 will come out ^________^ enjoy!

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 5th, 2007, 09:57
Can anyone confirm if this 'Fixes' the ability to play Lair through Remote Play? May have had something to do with that...

F9zDark
September 5th, 2007, 23:37
Can anyone confirm if this 'Fixes' the ability to play Lair through Remote Play? May have had something to do with that...

I was just thinking about that actually. Would not surprise me if that was the whole reason for the update.

"Playability status with the PS3 system has changed for some PLAYSTATION®3 format titles.*

* This does not affect titles in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania."

Wouldn't you know, Lair isn't out yet in those regions...