PDA

View Full Version : Squenix confirms TGS titles

Shrygue
September 4th, 2007, 20:35
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82666)

Square Enix has wheeled out a list of the titles it will be showing at the Tokyo Game Show later this month.

Among the line-up are lots of playable versions of its games, although headline acts Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII are shrouded in uncertainty - listed simply as "undecided".

The ninth and DS-exclusive instalment in the Dragon Quest series will be there, however, as will The Last Remnant - but sadly both only in trailer form.

We're still waiting to hear back from the European arm of the publisher for final confirmation on the Famitsu-produced list. Cast your eyeballs down a bit for the full banana.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - Playable
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Trailer and Playable
Final Fantasy IV (DS) - Trailer and Playable
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon - Trailer and Playable
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Trailer and Playable
Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road - Playable
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker- Playable
Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 2 - Playable
Dragon Quest IV - Playable and Trailer
The Last Remnant - Trailer
Dragon Quest IX - Trailer
Final Fantasy XI Online: Divine Soldiers of Atlanta - Trailer
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children: Complete - Trailer
Final Fantasy XIII - Undecided
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Undecided
Final Fantasy Agito XIII - Undecided
Final Fantasy Dissidia - Undecided

Shadowblind
September 4th, 2007, 20:37
Sticking with the worst battle system on earth. Why? Because they suck even worse at making any other type.

Im sure at least some of them could make a battle system as awesome as God of War :(

Cloud_35
September 4th, 2007, 20:54
What do they mean with Final Fantasy VII Advent Children: Complete??

shorty_carnage
September 4th, 2007, 23:12
What do they mean with Final Fantasy VII Advent Children: Complete??

They are making a game of that film!

thats old news

VexnadFett
September 4th, 2007, 23:54
maybe the complete thing is a blu-ray version or an extended EXTENDED version of the movie... hope it's the former because i need me some tifa in 1080p...

jerrt
September 5th, 2007, 00:21
that is alot of final fantasy!

which reminds me of a question i have had for ages: how can something so final, last so long....?

luxoflux
September 5th, 2007, 02:20
I see star ocean got the cold shoulder this time.

koiulpoi
September 5th, 2007, 02:43
that is alot of final fantasy!

which reminds me of a question i have had for ages: how can something so final, last so long....?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy

"By 1987, declining interest in the FDS had placed Square on the verge of bankruptcy. At approximately the same time, Square designer Hironobu Sakaguchi began work on an ambitious new fantasy role playing game for the cartridge-based Famicom, inspired in part by Enix's popular Dragon Quest (known as Dragon Warrior in the United States until 2005). According to unconfirmed sources, Sakaguchi had plans to retire after the completion of the project, so it was named Final Fantasy. Andrew Vestal, who used to run the UnOfficial SquareSoft HomePage (UOSSHP), also attributed the name to the company's hopes that the project would help with their financial woes. Final Fantasy reversed Square's lagging fortunes, and became their flagship franchise."

VexnadFett
September 5th, 2007, 04:14
square's past is one of the most meaningful success stories for me... i love mi final fantasy! ^___^

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 5th, 2007, 15:13
yay, awesome titles!

Cloud_35
September 5th, 2007, 21:16
OMG!! Game of Advent Children!!!! yay!!

...didn't new that, so it's not old news for me :)

VexnadFett
September 6th, 2007, 00:56
what the hell?! can i have a source for this advent children "game" please? anyone?

grudge1981
September 7th, 2007, 05:24
ive only heard of advent children complete only being an extended version.... with a few extra scenes and being a blue ray...