PDA

View Full Version : SCEE caught editing Halo 3 wiki

Shrygue
September 4th, 2007, 21:04
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=171407)

Uh-Oh, it looks like Sony Computer Entertainment has another embarrassing PR situation on its hands; one of its employees has been caught editing the Halo 3 Wikipedia page.

As you can see by the cold, hard evidence on the right, the line "it won't look any better than Halo 2" was added to the entry by IP address 217.18.23.2, which leads straight to SCEE in Liverpool. Tsk, Tsk.

It's not the first company to be caught fiddling with Wikipedia entries either; last month EA was spotted tinkering with its own entry, removing references to the controversial business practices of founder Trip Hawkins.

Platform holders; for goodness sake go to a web café first.

Elven6
September 5th, 2007, 04:08
Ha its just like Sony to do something stupid like this.

SnesR0X
September 5th, 2007, 06:28
I hope someone get fired :D

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2007, 08:28
I wouldnt blame that on sony, so much as a either a moronic employee, or someone who was well aware they would get caught trying to make the company look bad. Though, given its sony... I wouldnt rule out the moronic employee option :D.

It is natural to let the competition get the best of you I suppose... but seriously, thats just sort of immature.

He has a bit of a point though... Halo 3 doesnt look too different from Halo 2... It's just a bit shiner imo with cooler and more "full" terrain. I dont know if thats an insult to Halo 3 so much as a compliment to the designers of Halo 2.

Shadowblind
September 5th, 2007, 13:43
Do they really fear Halo 3 that much?

mcdougall57
September 5th, 2007, 16:45
probably just an employes idea of a joke, nothin serious lol just a laugh

cal360
September 5th, 2007, 17:37
probably just an employes idea of a joke, nothin serious lol just a laugh

Probably, but this could show there's some tension going on between the two companies.

bah
September 5th, 2007, 18:34
They're direct competitors, I would say some tension is to be expected.

DarthPaul
September 5th, 2007, 19:23
Do they really fear Halo 3 that much?

Halo 3 is not something to be scared of. BioShock is. ;)

Sonicboy 101
September 5th, 2007, 19:25
Haha!
looks like Sony are in trouble. :rolleyes:

wolfpack
September 5th, 2007, 19:38
sony fears bungie's halo 3... FEAR IT!