PDA

View Full Version : Help with Shenmue - Possible glitch?

ptr.exe
June 29th, 2005, 13:57
I never played this great game first time round so decided to get it now, its been going great up until this point.
For the last 7 days nothing has happened. I'm working in the harbour, currently loading crates into warehouse 3. I spoke to everyone but nothing was changing/happening so i looked at several guides on gamefaq.com they all said that im on the 2nd day and need to go speak to the tramp by the Harbour Lounge at lunch to trigger the next event, but he's not there!

Ive tried loads of times but he is never where he usually is at lunch, i searched all over the harbour - he's not there. When i'm loading crates i notice him turn up and sit down where he usually should be, at about 4. So when i get off work i speak to him but he says the same thing which isnt the thing needed to trigger the event.

So basically i need to speak to him at lunch but he's not there, anyone know why? or have some ideas?

Darksaviour69
June 29th, 2005, 14:05
i think shenmue works in cycles, so maybe it has to be the same day i.e. monday or what ever... but i remember that i thought the same thing as you at some stage in the game.

btw if i remember when it gets to a certain date in April (i think) you get the bad ending!

how are you finding the game?

ptr.exe
June 29th, 2005, 15:35
how are you finding the game?
Amazing, truly is a great game.

Perhaps, maybe if i do it a couple more days then he'll turn up. I heard about the 'bad' ending, ive just passed christmas so ive got ages to go.

This has really annoyed me though, although i have got about 20 of those little fork lift figures and loads of cash :)

Have you played Shenmue 2? as good as this one?

Darksaviour69
June 29th, 2005, 15:49
shenmue 2 is better, disk 3 is the best!, they only thing is the subtitles. word of warning about shemue 2, u get mugged at the start, u get you stuff back but not your money, so buy a load of crap in shemue 1 so you can sell it in the pawn shops in shenmue 2!( after getting mugged) i learned that the hard way!

ptr.exe
June 30th, 2005, 16:16
Cheers for the tip, but im gonna have to wait until i clock the first one and get some money to get a decent copy off eBay.

I tried again for a few more days, he's still not there. Dont know what to do.

Darksaviour69
June 30th, 2005, 16:24
have u tried here
http://forums.dcpawnshop.com/
or here
http://www.videogameauctions.co.uk/

ptr.exe
July 1st, 2005, 13:04
VGA hasnt really started up yet, theres not much stuff there, and i find the search function slightyl annoying as you can only view catagories that matched your search not just everything.

DC pawnshop, there are some copies there but you will pay the same price as on eBay, and most are american there so P+P is rape.

I think eBay is my best bet, as i dont mind it not being mint as long as its not scratched beyond playable use. btw, is it true that only 1000 copies of Shenmue 2 were released in the UK, a seller claimed this a while ago, sounds like crap to me.

Anyway, Glorious GyroG... something :p from dcemulation.com had the same problem when he played it, he suggested to take a differant route to the warehouse, it worked perfectly, got the cut scene and am getting along fine.

Darksaviour69
July 1st, 2005, 13:08
http://www.videogameauctions.co.uk/auctiondetails.php?id=100855
the jap version going 4 £5, and as for only a 1000 copies thats bull! but the release was limited.

have fun!

ptr.exe
July 1st, 2005, 19:51
Does the Jap version have an option of English subtitles?

I just completed Shenmue about an hour ago, that fight with loads of Mad Angels was cool, and the final fight with Chai was really satisfying to knock that freak into the water :)

Cant wait to get my hands on Shenmue 2.

Darksaviour69
July 4th, 2005, 12:07
i don't know if it has english sub, if it does, it would be worth it!