PDA

View Full Version : Masterboy 2.02 - SMS/GG/GBC Emulator for the PSP

Tesseract
September 5th, 2007, 03:37
Acting on an E-Mail from a reliable source (namely, the developer Brunni himself...) I found this update on his main site (http://brunni.dev-fr.org/)

New version of MasterBoy:
- EBOOT now has icon, wallpaper and sound (thanks to Ass-Itch from playeradvance for his nice BG/ICON)
- Corrected the bug of SRAM not saving properly for some people
- Added the last save date next to the save state slot number
- Enhanced SGB emulation (runs a lot faster)
- Corrected the garbage showing in the border of the render.
- Reworked the default palettes to be closer to the GBC ones.
- Augmented the maximum number of files per folder to 1024.
Note: The bug that some people has, save states not working after saving/loading a few, is still not fixed (I could contact nobody who has this problem for debugging). In between, if you have this problem, use the RAM state and save manually before exiting (or save less often ).

Also, for fans of the Coloring feature, check out the VirtualBoy Color Edition (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73129) as well!

Ziim
September 5th, 2007, 17:58
Thanks Brunni! I appreciate the VBA color as well as the Masterboy update. Im still working through coloring my first game. When its complete ill email it to you.

usp8riot
September 5th, 2007, 19:11
Awesome. One of my favoritest emulators. Thanks Brunni and thank you Ass-Itch.

Brunni
September 5th, 2007, 19:49
Thanks for the news :)
And it's ok to send me your colorizations, I'll make a special page for this ^^

masterelite9
September 5th, 2007, 23:16
The VisualBoyAdvance Color Edition isn't working. I've redownloaded and unrared it several times, but it keeps saying that some configuration files are incorrect. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the program, or my own computer. The regular VisualBoyAdvance I have works perfectly fine, though.

beardude
September 5th, 2007, 23:23
(GBC) Wendy-Every Witch Way still has problems with garbled graphics in the opening screens and sometimes the play screens.

Robert de Clair
September 6th, 2007, 08:06
Brunni: excelent app.

May someday we have one emu for many oldschool consoles/computers.

kompleet
September 6th, 2007, 19:55
That's the best emulator I've seen running so far on my PSP !

And, by the way I have a question :

What's wrong with sega genesis emulation ?

I mean that, we have a bunch of pretty good emulators like Master boy for almost all consoles, but I've never seen a genesis emulator with this interface quality, running at 100% speed with perfect sound emulation. Im not a coder, and don't have any programming skills, but I wonder what makes the sega genesis so hard to be emulated.
We have a CPS2 emulator, running 100%with full sound, etc... So what's the problem ? And it's the same problem on Nintendo Ds.

I would love having a genesis emulator as cool as Master Boy. :)

( I apologize for any grammatical errors, I'm french )

Tesseract
September 7th, 2007, 03:22
I've had few problems with DGEN. The interface and gameplay speed is quite good. My benchmark for Genesis Emulators (Sonic 3 & Knuckles) runs perfectly fine.

darknight88
September 7th, 2007, 03:51
http://brunni.dev-fr.org/page/img/psp/MasterBoy3.png

OMFG!!! Brunni you da MAN!!!!

Can some hardcore gamer make thos .ini files that make GB games have color??? It seems very hard. Any takers???

SpacemanSpiff
September 7th, 2007, 05:22
I've had few problems with DGEN. The interface and gameplay speed is quite good. My benchmark for Genesis Emulators (Sonic 3 & Knuckles) runs perfectly fine.

None of the Sonic games run "perfectly fine" in DGEN, you have to turn on frameskipping to get them to run full speed.

Tesseract
September 9th, 2007, 21:43
None of the Sonic games run "perfectly fine" in DGEN, you have to turn on frameskipping to get them to run full speed.

I think the main reason that Emulation (from what I understand) has been inhibited so far is that noone's been able to really figure out how to use the Media Engine to its fullest yet. If this is still the case, then it'd be like the old-school PC emulators using brute processor force to emulate before they were able to take advantage of Graphics Processors.

Frameskip makes things playable at full speed, unless you're one of those pansies that actually gets HIT and the flashing gets turned into a missing sprite. I mean... come on... NOONE EVER gets HIT in a Sonic game.... Right?

Lamegame
July 21st, 2008, 23:55
I got a PSP slim with firmware 4.0 I just downloaded from dark alex"s website does this not work with a slim or is my firmware too new, and if so is there a way to go back to previous firmaware?

Tesseract
July 22nd, 2008, 00:04
If you're using M-33 firmware, then you should also get the 1.50 add-on. That should do the trick.

Lamegame
July 22nd, 2008, 00:35
how can I tell if my firmware is M-33 Im such a novice

Lamegame
July 22nd, 2008, 00:39
can I get the 1.5 add on from Dark Alexs website?

ThePreserver
July 22nd, 2008, 03:49
You check under System Settings, System Information; and yes you can obtain the 1.50 addon via his site.

Lamegame
July 24th, 2008, 21:54
well my problem is that I have a slim. I think its the fact that when people made thier emulators, they didnt make them compatible with firmware 4.01 when I downloaded the 1.50 add on it said it was only for the fat psp. I guess Im stuck. DAMN SONY1

mayfairmad
August 25th, 2008, 16:39
my problem is when i go to start the emulator(s) i get error 80020148 everytime. i have a phat psp v4.05 and i cant seem to find anything GBC/GBA emulators to work with it.

Anybody know of any?

Bomdoboy
December 21st, 2009, 19:06
i have a game could not be started error , what should i do?

demonolith
December 21st, 2009, 21:20
Please stop bumping threads that are over a year old