PDA

View Full Version : bsods, glitches and bricking

howuncreative56
September 5th, 2007, 05:29
a couple months ago, i downgraded my psp that was bought at launch to 1.5. the psp then started to bsod a lot, so i upgraded to a custom firmware (3.something OE). unfortunately, it still did not fix the problem. finally after downgrading and upgrading a couple times, the psp bricked.

recently i unbricked it with the pandora battery, but it was still really glitchy. at times it would work ok, but sometimes i wouldn't be able to open menus, text would be all garbled, or it would simply bsod. finally, the psp spontaneously bricked itself again.

does anyone know how to fix this problem? ive heard about idstorage problems in the ta-82 psps; is it possible that i have the same problem on mine even though it isn't ta-82?

sourced
September 5th, 2007, 12:16
id say that there is something wrong with your psp's hardware. these symptoms are usually fixed after using pandora battery. if your warranty is still in tact, maybe you should send it back to sony and get it checked

ExcruciationX
September 5th, 2007, 19:19
That happened to my old PSP.

Shrygue
September 5th, 2007, 22:22
Maybe flash1 needs a complete format? I would think the Blue Screens of Death would be caused by corrupted settings information stored there, not entirely sure if it is the cause if all the problems though.

Saracchini
September 5th, 2007, 22:34
Maybe flash1 needs a complete format? I would think the Blue Screens of Death would be caused by corrupted settings information stored there, not entirely sure if it is the cause if all the problems though.

Maybe this is the problem. Before format the flash1 of my PSP it had constants BSOD, freezes,text garbled (the most commom problem) and sometimes the background image appears completely black.
Try use an flash1 formater and see what happens.

howuncreative56
September 6th, 2007, 01:38
Maybe this is the problem. Before format the flash1 of my PSP it had constants BSOD, freezes,text garbled (the most commom problem) and sometimes the background image appears completely black.
Try use an flash1 formater and see what happens.

formating the flash 1 doesn't help. the psp starts up, and ends up having internal errors and bsoding before i can even finish the configuration.

IndianCheese
September 6th, 2007, 05:25
Whoa, never heard of this problem. I feel like one of the lucky ones now.

Cloudhunter
September 6th, 2007, 05:26
I believe this is a hardware issue, due to the board not flexing when people use the controls... Nothing much can really be done.

Cloudy

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 06:16
I believe this is a hardware issue, due to the board not flexing when people use the controls... Nothing much can really be done.

Cloudy
The board not flexing?

What the heck does that mean?