PDA

View Full Version : TA-082 MB problem?

kexik
September 5th, 2007, 17:59
Hi!
I have TA-082 mb (IC1003 on mb) and 3.52 m33-4 fw, new Holux 240, good cable and latest MapThis (correct generic version) but it never display any information (like it doesn't get GPS data from cable) :confused:. Iam sure that holux-cable-psp connection is ok and headphone remote control works in XMB. But I have tested it on friend's PSP with the same FW and settings, but with older mb and it works! Do you have some ideas? Is it possible that it doesn't run on TA-082 mb?

Thanks,
KEXIK

deniska
September 5th, 2007, 18:28
make sure you run it with 1.5 kernel (install in GAME150).. check the baud settings (38400)
If nothing else helps - check the links to a couple of checker programs in FAQ - see if it works there....

kexik
September 5th, 2007, 19:06
Yes, I run it with 1.5 kernel. I have no singal at all! Lua serial echo shows no echo. Is it possible that TA-082 dosn't have serial port pin? :D Is there anybody who have working mapthis on TA-082 mb?

yonasz
September 5th, 2007, 20:26
I have TA-082 (IC1003 mb) and psp-290 gps. It works fine for me, i have signal after 3-6 min from 6-10 sats (Wales UK)... Kernel 3.52 (3.52 M33-2)

deniska
September 5th, 2007, 23:07
Yes, I run it with 1.5 kernel. I have no singal at all! Lua serial echo shows no echo. Is it possible that TA-082 dosn't have serial port pin?

I doubt it..
did you cut off the tip of the audio plug? (if so - perhaps too shot for this model?)
also - do you use 1K resistance in the cable? - you may want to experiment with different values to see if you get signal...

kexik
September 6th, 2007, 19:36
I don't cut off tip of the audio plug because I made my own conector on double-sided board, but it is 100% correct because it is working on other PSP. Iam using 1K resistor and I tried various other but it dosn't receive serial data in homebrew. It is strange, that PSP headphone remote ctrl. is working in XMB and I tried this remote ctrl. in friend's psp where is serial working with serial echo script and when I pressed some buttons it does'n show any serial input. So headphone remote isn't using serial pin? So it is maybe possible that Sony disabled this serial pin in TA-82 or not? Is there anybody who have TA-82 motherboard working with Holux receiver?

kexik
September 6th, 2007, 19:52
Ohhhh! You are right!!! With TA-82 mobo there MUST BE audio plug INSERTED (unlike older mobos). Thanks very much for help!

PDG
September 7th, 2007, 09:15
Ohhhh! You are right!!! With TA-82 mobo there MUST BE audio plug INSERTED (unlike older mobos). Thanks very much for help!

My preordered cable and my own (DIY project cable) works great on my third PSP that has a Ta-082 Mobo :)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=507696&postcount=3

I havent cut the tip off yet because i havent found any new faqs telling how mouch you have to cut off, i will not cut off my tip untill i get a 100% guide :)

I hate to break things that works *lol*

cydus21
September 7th, 2007, 11:33
just a heads up for u PDG i've a ta082 and i've cut several tip to test it. which i conclude it will not work on a ta082 motherboard!

PDG
September 7th, 2007, 11:52
just a heads up for u PDG i've a ta082 and i've cut several tip to test it. which i conclude it will not work on a ta082 motherboard!

Thanx for the info ;)
Ixney on the Cutting the tip of on Ta mobos then :)
I really would hate myselve if i didnt figure that out myselve *Lol*

I think ill keep my tips on and just output the sound via the cable instead :)

thanx a lot for the info :thumbup:

cydus21
September 8th, 2007, 04:57
yup.. i've cut super short (till the insulator is gone), just about right (sand bit by bit till the sound comes on) and where it should be (1 - 2mm off the insulator) it all doesn't work. plus i've tried firmware 3.03, 3.10, 3.40, 3.52 still no effect. i really hope someone can prove me wrong!! cause i want it to work too!