PDA

View Full Version : Karraker Leaves Sony

Shrygue
September 5th, 2007, 20:31
via IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/817/817936p1.html)

Earlier today, news wires were abuzz with the news that Dave Karraker, Senior Director of Corporate Communications at Sony Computer Entertainment of America, would be leaving the company and the gaming industry. A figurehead for the past year at SCEA, Karraker was one of Sony's key spokesmen, and he oversaw much of the news and releases related to the PlayStation 3 console. Karraker also handled a number of press requests as to the direction of Sony with Home and its PS3 price cuts.

"I have enjoyed immensely my tenure at SCEA and think the company and its brands are very well positioned to have an exceptional holiday and a very bright future. I look forward to continuing to follow this industry as a gamer, rather than a spokesperson," Karraker said in a released statement earlier today. He will leave to take a position as the head of PR and events for Skyy Spirits.

JKKDARK
September 5th, 2007, 23:22
very well positioned?

DPyro
September 6th, 2007, 20:44
Must be too stressful :p

F9zDark
September 6th, 2007, 21:21
Hopefully the next guy will be a little more... Gamer-friendly. It seems that all of Sony's execs are very smug and arrogant when interviewed. Lighten up for Christ's sake...

Basil Zero
September 6th, 2007, 22:43
I say its time they change the old staff leaders and replace them with people who can actually make decisions that make sense.

VexnadFett
September 7th, 2007, 01:01
i doubt the executives are making much of the decisions.... they're puppets.... metal gear style ^_______^

well it was nice knowing karraker, because i've never seen his face i always associate him with a giant squid... yep.... squid

Shadowblind
September 7th, 2007, 03:17
Really, I've never even heard of this guy. If this guy is the reason that many claims by Sony never went fulfilled, I'd fire him too.

F9zDark
September 7th, 2007, 05:00
How could you not have heard about him? His name has been on this forum at least 1000 times in the last year...