PDA

View Full Version : PSP Slim 3.60 Firmware Dumped, Dark Alex Makes a Mini Return

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 17:54
Mathieulh and Dark Alex have already dumped the latest PSP Slim 3.60 Firmware, it also looks like the PSP Contains 66MB of NAND which is double the original.

He posted a picture of the dump:
http://xs319.xs.to/xs319/07364/flashimage999999.png

Discuss this via Comments, Nice to have DA back on board.

Sonicboy 101
September 6th, 2007, 18:02
This is great news, PSP Slim hacked? Looks that way!
And it's good to see DAX out of retirement! :thumbup:

Anonymous D
September 6th, 2007, 18:04
this means they have an exploit for homebrew on 3.60 does it?

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 18:04
This is great news, PSP Slim hacked? Looks that way!
And it's good to see DAX out of retirement! :thumbup:
Heck yeah! :D

wraggster
September 6th, 2007, 18:06
changed the newspost a tad, but good news none the less

-Xandu-
September 6th, 2007, 18:08
Great to see Dark Alex back in the PSP Scene! I knew he wouldn't give up.

tomtomtom
September 6th, 2007, 18:09
cool! DAX back,sony failed for super security for slim xD

blackrave
September 6th, 2007, 18:09
Truly great news. It'll be fun to watch it get hacked to pieces. With this dumped, it probably won't be long before it's decrypted and made to work on our original PSPs as custom firmware? But I'm also wondering; since they managed to dump it, they must have found an exploit in the firmware to extract the files from the flash.

I'm looking forward to more news about this. Awesome work, Mathieulh and Dark_AleX!

Off-topic: Please don't show your signature in news posts. It's damn ugly.

Sonicboy 101
September 6th, 2007, 18:12
Haha, after the news of Pandoras Battery, looks like it can't get any worse for Sony!

gr42178
September 6th, 2007, 18:12
Great news! Its good to see Dark Alex back, I still have his last OE on my PSP never bothered with the new ones, they might be good, but I know Dax's stuff wont destroy my psp. Welcome back!!!:thumbup:

Cloudhunter
September 6th, 2007, 18:23
This doesn't mean that Dark_AleX is back ;)

Cloudy

gr42178
September 6th, 2007, 18:24

Anyway, as far as I know this wasn't done by an exploit on 3.60.

Cloudy
Then why does it say Dark Alex Back? That sucks if hes not, got me excited for nothing!!!!

ish420ism
September 6th, 2007, 18:27

Anyway, as far as I know this wasn't done by an exploit on 3.60.

Cloudy

What is it that you know?? Spill it
Because it seems i will be getting the slim after all

penileartery
September 6th, 2007, 18:27
Dax!!!!!! is back woooohooo psp slim had to have bad an expoit somewhere to get dumped. thats the only thing i see. does that mean 3.60 OE :D:D

Emeriastone
September 6th, 2007, 18:30
Dark Alex was never 'gone', he just stopped making custom firmware and the like. He never left.

Cloudhunter
September 6th, 2007, 18:31
What is it that you know?? Spill it
Because it seems i will be getting the slim after all

I don't know anything, it was just common sense - how can they find an exploit without decrypting?

Then why does it say Dark Alex Back? That sucks if hes not, got me excited for nothing!!!!

Because this was speculation from QJ - DCEMU ripped it, then changed the speculation into fact.

Cloudy

titch.ryan
September 6th, 2007, 18:32
i hope DAX is back.

He is an awesome coder/programmer.

Cool 3.60 dumoed already.

SONY=OWNED

bah
September 6th, 2007, 18:34
this means they have an exploit for homebrew on 3.60 does it?

No, it means they have been able to examine a decrypted copy of the new 3.60 firmware.

From there, someone needs to find an exploit that gives kernel access and hopefully allow things to be written to the internal flash ram, and to develop a custom firmware that can be installed to both run the PSP and enable homebrew.

Cloudhunter
September 6th, 2007, 18:36
It might not even be decrypted - if it is a straight NAND dump, that'd be unlikely.

Cloudy

Qmark
September 6th, 2007, 18:39
Um... How is this even possible, really?
This would require either an exploit on the slim, or a 3.60 official update file, neither of which are known to exist yet.

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 18:40
Hey, I didn't change it, wraggster did.

I'll have to ask him if I can change the newspost back to the original .

Cloudhunter
September 6th, 2007, 18:41
A direct quote from Mathieulh that proves that Dark_AleX isn't back.

BTW Alex and I have been toying with the slim but Alex is still retired to the psp scene, hence we do not plan any public release of this work, it was done for private purposes just to see if we could do it, it was not planned to be disclosed or released in any ways. Although now people know that messing arround with the psp slim is possible.
I hope that hacking groups will realise how we did it ( it wasn't that hard ) and will release their own software or hacks for the psp slim.
So far no public release either from me or Alex is planned. Alex is retired of the scene and does not plan on making any of his work public.

Cloudy

thejonbell
September 6th, 2007, 18:44
ugh. my post was useless, seeing the one above me.

garr.

gr42178
September 6th, 2007, 18:50
A direct quote from Mathieulh that proves that Dark_AleX isn't back.

Cloudy

Thats too bad, but thanks for clearing it up....

splodger15
September 6th, 2007, 18:57
Why does he leave then decide to return I would like to see DA work on the PS3

Qmark
September 6th, 2007, 18:59
I hope that hacking groups will realise how we did it ( it wasn't that hard ) and will release their own software or hacks for the psp slim.
Translation: "Firmware 3.61 within the month"

x3sphere
September 6th, 2007, 19:01
Um... How is this even possible, really?
This would require either an exploit on the slim, or a 3.60 official update file, neither of which are known to exist yet.

Perhaps Pandora works on the PSP with some tweaking ;)

Anyways as others have said... Alex has no intention of releasing this, but at the very least it will give inspiration to other teams (M33, Wildc*rd).

John Vattic
September 6th, 2007, 19:03
So the news is, dax pwnd sony privately, yet sony continues to pwn dax into "retirement".

To Dark Alex, if you're afraid of that evil corporation (as most good people in the world are) give the source to M33 :D

domthegod
September 6th, 2007, 19:08
Dax is back its just people who code are still scared by his brill work willl stop other paople releasing little things dont compare.

mikebeaver
September 6th, 2007, 19:11
So the news is, dax pwnd sony privately, yet sony continues to pwn dax into "retirement".

To Dark Alex, if you're afraid of that evil corporation (as most good people in the world are) give the source to M33 :D

I very much doubt D_A is running scared of $ony, if he wishes to no longer work on PSP related stuff then respect his wishes, he obviously doesnt want his source codes disclosed, the unfortunate events surrounding wildc*rds custom firmware should show you why, a lot of people in this scene just dont care who they affect aslong as they profit, I think D_A had had enough of them!

Mike..

Emeriastone
September 6th, 2007, 19:11
My suspicion is that the same idea and or theory behind Pandora's Battery is at work here as well, with some modifications to enable it to work with the slim. Just what I think.

Justise
September 6th, 2007, 19:13
Is Dax going to release his OE firmware, or we are going to go on with M33?

Sonicboy 101
September 6th, 2007, 19:14
M33 by the looks of things.

ICE
September 6th, 2007, 19:18
hahaha i just bought a psp slim an hour ago.
i get home to see this lmao
yay!

darksoft
September 6th, 2007, 19:27
My guess would be a known exploit that has been kept from the public, similar to the lumines exploit. They probably know about a save game exploit of another game that was never fixed on the slim because it wasn't public.

Or a modified Pandora (but I don't think that is the case).

Where are there Slims already being sold?

devdj
September 6th, 2007, 19:28
i knew something like this would happen dark alex must have faked his retirement so he could get his hands on the latest firmware for the psp slim and crack it. so it looks like he could have bluffed the whole retirement thing and pulled the wool over sony once again the god is back.

drock82
September 6th, 2007, 19:29
the firmware that came out for the slim psp is probably going to be only accustom for the slim 2000-since the main biggest feature is the ram space...now lets see daedulus runs full speed on the slim psp:thumbup:

i ll bet by the end of the day the slim would be fully exploited

Johnny Rash
September 6th, 2007, 19:31
Am I the only person to find the fact that the new PSP has 66MB of NAND flash awesome? Sad that Dark_Alex is not returning but his private work and success is hope to other coders not to give up.

Buddy4point0
September 6th, 2007, 19:50
the dump is great! BUT DAX!!! so great! omg yay! thanks dax welcome back

Solidsnake3000
September 6th, 2007, 20:15
damn dark alex back damn yo man keep up the good work

doverkiller
September 6th, 2007, 20:15
welcome back DAX! :D

cory1492
September 6th, 2007, 20:30
Last I heard, DAX had retired from making public releases and had nothing to come "back" from.

blaz3d
September 6th, 2007, 20:31
Dax is always watching the scene and had a hand in C+D so technically never left but i doubt he will ever be "back". i was thinking of a few hard-hacks i saw over on lan.st untill i saw cloudys quote from math. now its probably explioted because of math's use of the word "software".

peace

varnil
September 6th, 2007, 20:35
Personally i wouldn't get my hopes up for another exploit. Also regarding the save state buffer overload, it's highly unlikely that it is even possible on a psp because simply modifying the hardware a little would enable sony to add a switch that can block write access to the nand in game... Furthermore, i believe one of two things hapened: either a new service mode hack or my more far fetched idea is physically removing the memmory chips off the psp 2000 motherboard, hooking them up to the original psp and then running a 1.5 nand dump off of the mem card (using pandora) accessing the flash through the 1.5 kernel in a standard eboot (of course a (custom) driver change might be neccessary for the new hardware to be readable) such as booster's usbsss

Safari Al
September 6th, 2007, 20:47
wow this is great news DAX IS BACK BABY!!!

Edit: varnil it can and will happen

jools
September 6th, 2007, 20:59
Good news but I think it should be edited a bit.:)

hacksparrow
September 6th, 2007, 21:03
haha u guys man... math & dax r just doin it for personal fun, he has stated that it is possible 2 encourage other coders 2 follow suit...they aint givin us nothin...& the thing is this is released cuz he was mad @ some1 hahaha fredbear or some$hit

Nikolaos
September 6th, 2007, 21:06
Wow! I can't wait to see whats next!

darksoft
September 6th, 2007, 21:17
Well I just picked up a silver slim from circuit city.

Now I have to cross my fingers and wait

xg917
September 6th, 2007, 21:17
dark alex posted on maxconsole that he is going to hack the slim for himself and not for the public.

kjetil1991
September 6th, 2007, 21:23
dax i have been wating i know you wouldent disepiont us =) welcome back for now Sony should shake in fear because homebrew is here to stay

Cloud_35
September 6th, 2007, 21:31
THE KING IS BACK! HAIL TO THE KING!! :)

Good to see he still owns Sony.

callsignAPOLLO
September 6th, 2007, 21:32
Long live dark alex! and the custom firmwares, an idea!; if the psp homebrew scene came up with a consensus on a shirt design and sold it, maybe through dc emu, could be great for fundraising and getting more people into homebrew. We should wear homebrew like a banner, in public, and across our chests! -Sisko (p.s looks like im gettin a slim)

callsignAPOLLO
September 6th, 2007, 21:36
OMG! I hope my psp case will be compatible with the slim http://www.amazon.com/Core-Gamer-PlayStation-Portable-Battery/dp/B000BOK8AW/ref=sr_1_3/105-0780911-7893268?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189110863&sr=8-3 this is by far the best psp case, better than PGP! I wonder if the slim's top screw ins are the same size etc.. as the fat psp? -Sisko

burrito
September 6th, 2007, 21:37
Dark_AleX is NOT back. Someone on qj just started the rumor...

cal360
September 6th, 2007, 21:40
Dark_Alex isn't officially back unless he posts so which he hasn't. He is watching the scene but isn't coding things indepently due to all the harrassment he's had.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 6th, 2007, 21:51
DAX is back!!!!!! We need to celebrate man!!!! oh man, i soo excited now!!!!! i think these coming months will be exciting!!

darksoft
September 6th, 2007, 21:55
WHOOOAAA,

The TV Out cable says it doesn't work for showing games on the TV, only media like photos / videos? WTFFFFF

That totally just killed it for me, I don't give two shits about seeing that crap on the tv. Basically this is worthless!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 6th, 2007, 22:02
WHOOOAAA,

The TV Out cable says it doesn't work for showing games on the TV, only media like photos / videos? WTFFFFF

That totally just killed it for me, I don't give two shits about seeing that crap on the tv. Basically this is worthless!

REALLLYYYY?:eek: omg!:eek: it probly requires the next firmware update. DAMn sony!

ICE
September 6th, 2007, 22:11
WHOOOAAA,

i watched a video review of the psp slim and they were showing psp games on a tv. i dont know what your talking about. ive seen it done.

Bobtentpeg
September 6th, 2007, 22:15
hehe
DAX is back.

to the kid who thought he was smart teling me DAX was gone. EAT THIS

and

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/Bobtentpeg/YEY.gifhttp://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/Bobtentpeg/YEY.gifhttp://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/Bobtentpeg/YEY.gifhttp://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/Bobtentpeg/YEY.gif

wolfpack
September 6th, 2007, 22:16
WHOOOAAA,

screw that, that just makes me not want a psp slim, im gonna stick with my original

darksoft
September 6th, 2007, 22:20
EDIT:

TV output propably doesn't take CPU cycles, (I don't know for sure) but since its basically an LCD style screen, it would not have to convert it for a progressive screen, but would convert for a non-progressive (interlaced) tv and that would probably take up cycles, so that would make sense as to why you can't output to a regular old tv (such as mine....) - while playing cpu intensive games that is.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psp/current/settings/aboutvo.html

Notice

If either the TV in use or the connecting cable do not support the progressive video mode, video cannot be output to the TV when the following functions are used.

* (Game)
* (Settings) > (Network Update)
* (TV) > (1Seg) *

* This is displayed only on PSP™ systems sold in Japan.

I bought the slim and the cables (cable from target) and on the back it says (read just before cutting open the plastic thank God):

This product cannot be used to display images from games on a TV screen. For more details about compatibility, refer to the online users guide for the psp system.....

The link up top is to the user guide under video output section.

I would assume this is probably done because the video output propably takes some processing power away from the CPU and the games that utilize full 333mhz would suffer (as well as 222 because they set the cpu at 222.)

Fock me. Actually thinking about returning everything. But I have 30 days, so I'll cross fingers again and hope its cracked by then with full tv output cracked and running.

BAH!!

darksoft
September 6th, 2007, 22:23
wait, its because I bought the regular red white yellow cables in progressive?l Yup, so phew, now i just need a new tv.....

Basil Zero
September 6th, 2007, 22:38
hmmm hopefully now the psp slim will be hackable, i'm so gonna get one now :p

Elmarco
September 6th, 2007, 22:41
What a short retirement! Good to hear he's makin a comeback though! :D

NintendoGuy
September 6th, 2007, 22:43
Dark_AleX isn't back

"BTW Alex and I have been toying with the slim but Alex is still retired to the psp scene, hence we do not plan any public release of this work, it was done for private purposes just to see if we could do it, it was not planned to be disclosed or released in any ways. Although now people know that messing arround with the psp slim is possible.
So far no public release either from me or Alex is planned. Alex is retired of the scene and does not plan on making any of his work public."

For who doesn't know, Mathieulh is the guy that worked with Dark_AleX is this dump

ICE
September 6th, 2007, 22:55
wait, its because I bought the regular red white yellow cables in progressive?l Yup, so phew, now i just need a new tv.....

ok so tv out does work with games?

darksoft
September 6th, 2007, 22:58
Yes, just not on older non-progressive tv's. So basically you need this cable:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psp/current/img/cmn/cable_cav.gif

For inputs like this:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psp/current/img/outv_cav.gif

If your tv doesn't support that cable, you can't play games on it. I would assume even if someone hacked this functionality, games would run slower while output to a tv. Sucks for us slow pokes who haven't upgraded to HD yet.

mike03$$$
September 6th, 2007, 23:04
EDIT: dark alex isn't back dang but still hoping for a ps3 return

YES DARK ALEX IZ BACK FROM THE DEAD!! I was hoping he come back for ps3 but how did he dump the firmware he's crazy in a good way WOW

blaz3d
September 6th, 2007, 23:11
ive been smoking and thinking... M33 would be able to start reversing the files before the official eboot is out, which would lead to a quicker finish of 3.60! lets hope they get there as quick as dax n math did

Cloudhunter
September 6th, 2007, 23:11
Does anyone even read up to page 2 of the thread before posting comments? DARK_ALEX IS NOT BACK!!!

wraggster, please change the misleading title and article, or you ExcruciationX - don't bother asking, it's your article.

Cloudy

BlacknBlue13
September 6th, 2007, 23:13
This is a good day.

NintendoGuy
September 6th, 2007, 23:16
YES DARK ALEX IZ BACK FROM THE DEAD!! I was hoping he come back for ps3 but how did he dump the firmware he's crazy in a good way WOW
From 'dead' he is back since 'Test30' launched his 'reversed source' of 3.10OE-A on the net...

He's posting on Maxconsole since this time (1 month ago +/-)

And he 'helped' with somethings on Pandora

But, from scene and hacking and CFW he still 'dead'

Cloudhunter
September 6th, 2007, 23:18
From 'dead' he is back since 'Test30' launched his 'reversed source' of 3.10OE-A on the net...

He's posting on Maxconsole since this time (1 month ago +/-)

And he 'helped' with somethings on Pandora

But, from scene and hacking and CFW he still 'dead'

Test30 didn't reverse 3.10 OE-A... WildC*rd did and Test30 used it when he shouldn't have, and he had even been asked not to.

Cloudy

NintendoGuy
September 6th, 2007, 23:20
Test30 didn't reverse 3.10 OE-A... WildC*rd did and Test30 used it when he shouldn't have, and he had even been asked not to.

Cloudy
This is right, I got confused

ICE
September 6th, 2007, 23:38

For inputs like this:

If your tv doesn't support that cable, you can't play games on it. I would assume even if someone hacked this functionality, games would run slower while output to a tv. Sucks for us slow pokes who haven't upgraded to HD yet.

lol yeah. thanks for clearing that up ;)
so does is run at all without progressive scan?

waco13
September 6th, 2007, 23:52
Yay!!! Dark_Alex is back!!! Dee Dee Dee!:)

dgbbad
September 6th, 2007, 23:54
nobody reads past page 1.....lol

Mashphealh
September 7th, 2007, 00:08
Test30 didn't reversed the src. He did use the src of Wildcard.

Wildcard did reverse the code.:)

sroon
September 7th, 2007, 00:21
HOLY TITNIPPLES!!! i gots my Lite today:P
damn it sure is light too..
but yeah i feel it will be hacked soon:)
(O )( O)

pimp12
September 7th, 2007, 00:54
Omg Found Out How To Hack It!!!!!!!!! There Is A Huge Exploit In This Firmware Trust Me!!!!!!!

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 00:56
Omg Found Out How To Hack It!!!!!!!!! There Is A Huge Exploit In This Firmware Trust Me!!!!!!!

and im the queen of england.

DarthPaul
September 7th, 2007, 00:58
Great news.
The dynamic duo did it again!

ish420ism
September 7th, 2007, 01:02
Too bad DAX was driven away by the damn leaches of the psp community. He probably has the greatest firmware, we'll never get to see

DarthPaul
September 7th, 2007, 01:03

That's true!!!
3.60 M33 is out!!!

VexnadFett
September 7th, 2007, 01:03
ewwww >.< dump.... grosssss

mike_jmg
September 7th, 2007, 01:24

For inputs like this:

For a minute there I was really worried
Don't you ever do things like that

and im the queen of england.

God Save the ICE Queen LOL :rofl:

CaptainMorgan4
September 7th, 2007, 01:31
What do you mean 3.60 M33 is out DarthPaul, I haven't seen a thing?

edit: Just checked M33's site an yeah nothing......anyway I'm watching the game hopefully the Saints will win but my team is the Packers.

ZeakStarwind
September 7th, 2007, 01:56
What do you mean 3.60 M33 is out DarthPaul, I haven't seen a thing?

edit: Just checked M33's site an yeah nothing......anyway I'm watching the game hopefully the Saints will win but my team is the Packers.

There's a thing called a joke... Anyways... This is good news and hopefully when the time comes for the Slim to be hacked I might consider getting a slim version and sell my old psp. Nice job guys. keep up the good work.

MHB_1990
September 7th, 2007, 01:57
now that's what I am talking about

ExcruciationX
September 7th, 2007, 02:00
Does anyone even read up to page 2 of the thread before posting comments? DARK_ALEX IS NOT BACK!!!

wraggster, please change the misleading title and article, or you ExcruciationX - don't bother asking, it's your article.

Cloudy
Look, sorry if anybody got their hopes up.

But, I didn't change it. It just quoted QJ.net's article (linking back to them of course). wraggster changed it as he stated in his post.

xg917
September 7th, 2007, 02:10
y did alex quit anyway? it seems kinda selfish of him to actually say that he would hack the slim for himself and not for the public..

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 02:14
y did alex quit anyway? it seems kinda selfish of him to actually say that he would hack the slim for himself and not for the public..

publicly releasing his stuff was making his life a bit ruff i imagine. we have no idea how much sony was bearing down on him.

mavsman4457
September 7th, 2007, 02:36
Why does he leave then decide to return I would like to see DA work on the PS3

I agree 100%. That would make my day for many days to come.

gusgus
September 7th, 2007, 03:00
I'm more excited about Dark_Alex being in on it, than the dump itself!

Sterist
September 7th, 2007, 03:31
66MB of NAND which is double the original.

the original model has far less than 32mb, despite the nand specs saying so.

flash0: 20.9mb
flash1: 3.5mb
flash2: 988kb
flash3: 700kb (ish)

flash mem on the psp tends to say you have about 5-10% more than you really do. if you dont believe me, try it. i've experimented with it for months, corrupted flash1 twice too ;)

.....so, the slim is a few mb shy of tripple, but definately beyond double

hopefully there's a flash4 n flash5 ;)

Johnny Rash
September 7th, 2007, 03:36
It seems that people don't like to read these days. And I will repeats again:

DARK_ALEX IS NOT BACK.

But, if I'm not mistaken, the new PSP has 66MB of NAND flash.
This means several things if this is true.
-Sony plans on forgetting about the original PSP and leave it without firmware updates.
-Plenty new functionality for the PSP Slim.
-Crazy themes when it's finally hacked.

Sterist
September 7th, 2007, 04:12
-Sony plans on forgetting about the original PSP and leave it without firmware updates.

not true at all. here's how much known free space there is on 3.52 official fw:

flash0: 0.001%
flash1: 95%
flash2: 100%
flash3: 100%

and when they do fill up, they could...

1. impliment an upgrade barrier that says "leave out X feature"

2. install feature X on ms0

much how OE firmwares featured a compiled hybrid of firmwares in a DXAR file, sony could transfer PRX modules to a single compiled encrypted streamed file. but then there's the problems of "oops i deleted" / "my ms is corrupt" / "didnt make a back up"

3. trade X feature for Y

and in system settings, they could have a feature management utility which can re-enable / disable.

you will prolly see Location Free TV disappear first

edit:

they could also adopt a module-compression technique to store them compressed and dynamically unzip to RAM where and when needed

this could be applied to either all files or just select files. it could range in anywhere from 1-10mb saved (from flash0 alone. which contains 100% of operation modules, and 98% of current firmware by size)

SnesR0X
September 7th, 2007, 08:12
It would be great if he just did the stuff he does for himself and then gave it for someone else to release, and not say they made it but not say he made it either, just maybe give a little hint ;) It would be nice, but probably frustrating as given no credit for your own work...

sourced
September 7th, 2007, 15:22
thank God dark alex is back. if homebrew will run on the slim, ima buy one.

until now, i still have dax's OE firmware on my psp. never upgraded to the new ones. lol.

-Xandu-
September 7th, 2007, 15:25
thank God dark alex is back. if homebrew will run on the slim, ima buy one.

until now, i still have dax's OE firmware on my psp. never upgraded to the new ones. lol.
Seconded. Waiting for 3.60 OE (If they release it for the phat).

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 15:30
dark alex is not back. it was only a rumor and it was false.
stop saying how glad you are that he is back because hes not.

DarthPaul
September 7th, 2007, 15:51
OMG 3.60 M33 IS OUT! Installed and tested,it's awesome!

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 15:54
OMG 3.60 M33 IS OUT! Installed and tested,it's awesome!

liar..

DarthPaul
September 7th, 2007, 16:11
Why cutie ice cube?

tomes
September 7th, 2007, 17:10
LONG THREAD... so apologize if it has been asked/answered...

Will the 64MB help a lot for homebrew? (I.e. Mame/N64 emus?)

If so, and a Pandora version for Slim comes out, I'll be lining up to buy one...

darksoft
September 7th, 2007, 17:37
Hey guys, I know this is still OT but figured I'd followup in here since this is where the question came up.

If anyone has old composite (red white yellow) inputs only on their tv with no component (red green blue red white) your not screwed for not being able to display games on the tv. I don't know how good it will look but you can get this system selector here:

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Accessories-PL-970-Selector-4-consoles/dp/B0006TIA7K/ref=sr_1_1/002-1234775-3077618?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189182555&sr=8-1

which takes hd connectors as input, and output in both composite and component.

Good thing is its only 20 bucks !!

It made my day! Now I just gotta get the component cable for the psp.

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 17:49
Hey guys, I know this is still OT but figured I'd followup in here since this is where the question came up.

If anyone has old composite (red white yellow) inputs only on their tv with no component (red green blue red white) your not screwed for not being able to display games on the tv. I don't know how good it will look but you can get this system selector here:

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Accessories-PL-970-Selector-4-consoles/dp/B0006TIA7K/ref=sr_1_1/002-1234775-3077618?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189182555&sr=8-1

so your using that as an adapter to go from composite to regular rca? i already have something like that with composite hookups so could you pm me if you try it and it works?

hacksparrow
September 7th, 2007, 18:15
nice find darksoft!!:thumbup: i need 2 get 1 of those, but first i must locate a damn 2000, nobody friggin has it grrrrrr:mad:

Napalm-Death
September 7th, 2007, 19:05

Make sure you tell us how it works!

darksoft
September 7th, 2007, 19:14
I will, I just need to find the component psp cable. Target only had the composite.

B0RG1010
September 7th, 2007, 19:29
but come on DAX... You're either in or out! :confused: It's like an episode of Corrination Street (Sorry, but it's a UK thing!) :p Still. all for the greater good eh? Nice to see you back though... You've been missed! ;)

dunjamon
September 7th, 2007, 19:54
I hope this doesn't mean the end of updated firmware for the original psp!

SnesR0X
September 7th, 2007, 20:26
I hope this doesn't mean the end of updated firmware for the original psp!

I don't see how you could think that:confused:

Spyzius
September 7th, 2007, 20:44
I'm thinkin does newest games will work as well as well on slim? maybe psp slim use those 64mb of ram tu speed up games and old one psp became an loading monster?

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 20:57
no old games just load slightly faster like new ones.

kjetil1991
September 7th, 2007, 21:16
darthpaul X) haha 3.60 m33 funny

pimp12
September 7th, 2007, 22:06
So i reckon that they used the pandora battery with something like 3.52 ipl, because if i remember rightly it is possible now, or maybe there custom ipl, be cause 1.50 is blacklisted, and the IdStorage is encrypted so obviously not possible to use the original magic memory stick. Then they used the nand dump function and BAMMMMMM there they have the dump, i cant see why this wouldnt work, math did say its easy.

Just wondering is this dump encrypted or have you found a way to decrypt the dump already, because if i remember rightly you had figured out how to decrypt most firmwares as they were released.

Musoka_Eimin
September 7th, 2007, 22:45
Nice to see. Thanks again, and again, and again DAX.

darksoft
September 8th, 2007, 00:19
Damn, after a day looking for that damn pelican system selector, I found it at circuit city. I also got the component sony cable for the psp. When I plugged them both in, nothing comes up except audio (duh). and I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.

There is no power supply for the switcher, all it does is route the signals to the same type output (IE Componet in, Component out, Composite in - Composite out) It does not convert from one to the other, so my initial plan of converting from the component to composite is officially squashed....

I guess this damn psp is forcing me to get a new HD tv! Anyone have any more ideas?

ICE
September 8th, 2007, 00:33
Damn, after a day looking for that damn pelican system selector, I found it at circuit city. I also got the component sony cable for the psp. When I plugged them both in, nothing comes up except audio (duh). and I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.

There is no power supply for the switcher, all it does is route the signals to the same type output (IE Componet in, Component out, Composite in - Composite out) It does not convert from one to the other, so my initial plan of converting from the component to composite is officially squashed....

I guess this damn psp is forcing me to get a new HD tv! Anyone have any more ideas?

progressive scan works right?

Napalm-Death
September 8th, 2007, 01:25

;_____; I was looking forward to playing SOTN on my parents' TV when the video-out was announced. This ****ing sucks...

ICE
September 8th, 2007, 02:06
you dont have at least progressive scan?

Napalm-Death
September 8th, 2007, 02:43
Last time I checked...no.

ICE
September 8th, 2007, 02:50
lol well then you're screwed.

Napalm-Death
September 8th, 2007, 03:04
I'm gonna check again tomorrow just in case I made a mistake. Is there a simple way to tell?

ICE
September 8th, 2007, 03:10
instead of just having the red white and yellow plugs it will have 3 other colored ones too. purple and some others.

pimp12
September 8th, 2007, 03:11
So i reckon that they used the pandora battery with something like 3.52 ipl, because if i remember rightly it is possible now, or maybe there custom ipl, be cause 1.50 is blacklisted, and the IdStorage is encrypted so obviously not possible to use the original magic memory stick. Then they used the nand dump function and BAMMMMMM there they have the dump, i cant see why this wouldnt work, math did say its easy.

Just wondering is this dump encrypted or have you found a way to decrypt the dump already, because if i remember rightly you had figured out how to decrypt most firmwares as they were released

Napalm-Death
September 8th, 2007, 03:12
instead of just having the red white and yellow plugs it will have 3 other colored ones too. purple and some others.
Yeah...all I have is red, white, and yellow. Thanks.

darksoft
September 8th, 2007, 04:27
yea progressive scan definately works. I just don't have a progressive scan tv.

So, just to reiterate for anyone looking to get a slim.

If you don't have component inputs on your tv, you cannot play games on your tv. You cannot use the regular composite cable you need component. BEWARE

ICE
September 8th, 2007, 04:29
yea progressive scan definately works. I just don't have a progressive scan tv.

So, just to reiterate for anyone looking to get a slim.

If you don't have component inputs on your tv, you cannot play games on your tv. You cannot use the regular composite cable you need component. BEWARE

hey question. can you output things other than games using composite and the converter idea on a non progressive scan tv?

sourced
September 8th, 2007, 05:17
Seconded. Waiting for 3.60 OE (If they release it for the phat).

i dont know why, but, ive never trustes any other CFW aside from dark alex's

sigh, if only 3.60OE would come out.

parkermauney
September 8th, 2007, 05:19
Off-topic: Please don't show your signature in news posts. It's damn ugly.
lol, fail

Johnny Rash
September 8th, 2007, 06:25
i dont know why, but, ive never trustes any other CFW aside from dark alex's

sigh, if only 3.60OE would come out.

I don't know either. I've been using SE and OE since the beginning. I do think M33 is doing good work though.

sukhi-2006
September 8th, 2007, 14:16
It doesn't amaze at all if dark alex is back i didn't really like his fw it was naff giving loads of problems i prefer m33 which gives no problems and it's one of the best custom firmware yet.

darksoft
September 8th, 2007, 16:11
hey question. can you output things other than games using composite and the converter idea on a non progressive scan tv?

EDIT:
Composite cable will let you do everything except games, network update and something else. But you can watch movies, pictures and music. The two cables are the same price though, so if you had a choice I'd go with the component, unless you really have a crappy tv and just want to use the tv out to watch umd movies.

That converter idea is non-existent. It doesn't convert. It just reroutes the inputs to the outputs of the same type (composite to composite, component to component, svideo to svideo) see what I'm saying? Sucks but its the final straw to force me to get an HDTV.

parkermauney
September 8th, 2007, 16:23
It doesn't amaze at all if dark alex is back i didn't really like his fw it was naff giving loads of problems i prefer m33 which gives no problems and it's one of the best custom firmware yet.

If it weren't for dax there wouldn't be any m33

Napalm-Death
September 8th, 2007, 16:26
Damn..today sucks. I get my PSP soon, I can only find Wipeout, and on top of that I'm broke. xD
EDIT: Nevermind, I got Dark Resurrection.

dunjamon
September 8th, 2007, 16:47
I don't see how you could think that:confused:

I'm a bit of a newb...so bear with me, but doesn't the slim psp use different firmware to the old one?

cashboxz02
September 8th, 2007, 19:48
i just got my slim today and tried the network update thing and it said it found a newer firmware and it downloaded 3.52(lower firmware)

CaptainMorgan4
September 8th, 2007, 20:00
Well see if it will install, I mean I HIGHLY doubt this would work/even be possible but try it.

Napalm-Death
September 8th, 2007, 20:21
Please post your results...even though it's unlikely that 3.52 will install.

cashboxz02
September 8th, 2007, 20:26
nope. it didnt install

Napalm-Death
September 8th, 2007, 21:39
Ah, okay. I might sound greedy, but I'm dying with anticipation for homebrew on my slim.

cashboxz02
September 8th, 2007, 23:38
alrite. i got a question. my tv is sdtv but there is the blue green and red inputs behind it. can it play the games?

Johnny Rash
September 9th, 2007, 01:43
The fact that the new machine has a POSSIBILITIES of completely surpassing all current homebrew makes me want to go out and buy one.

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 01:44
I have mine here...I'm waiting on my 8GB stick from eBay. Ha ha.

CaptainMorgan4
September 9th, 2007, 03:20
Aww you bastard 8GB, when homebrew gets enabled for the Slims I plan on selling my PSP and then just pimping it out like I have done with my current PSP (check sig for specs).

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 04:19
Lol... Well, my PSP didn't come with a 32MB stick or anything (and wasn't mentioned on the box), so until this guy sends me my stuff, I can't freaking save anything.

darksoft
September 9th, 2007, 04:36
Very strange, just for the hell of it I did a network update too and it does think there is one. So I'm downloading as we speak. Curious if its 3.52.

I wonder if the psp thinks its really not 3.6 and something else, like sony made it 3.6 when they had 3.4 out or something on the phat (when they manufactured it). Would be cool.

Yup it downloaded 3.52!! weird shit. I'm going to save it to my computer and send to gmail for backup. Maybe someone could use it down the line to hack this baby.

EDIT:

Its prolly just the regular 3.52 update that you can get anywhere. I'll check the MD5

ICE
September 9th, 2007, 04:46
yeah ive done it too. it downloads the 3.52 update but says it wont install since it has 3.60 already.

darksoft
September 9th, 2007, 04:52
Yeah the checksums are the same for the downloaded file and the one I used to upgrade my old psp to 3.52 m33.

But....
Why does the 3.6 psp think it needs an update if its really 3.6? I would think once again that somewhere it has the '3.4' or whatever sony was at when it wrote the FW to the slims in manufacturing. But they put in the new features etc that would really be like 3.4(slim) etc. Know what I'm saying? I'm just guesstimating but interesting find nonetheless.

If this were the case.....

That would mean the slim may not have the lumines hole patched! If it was lower than 3.51, it still wouldn't be patched, but since it thinks its below 3.52, I hopefully it was created before it was fixed!!!

Crap I wish I didn't give my lumines copy to my sister on her birthday.... shes 1000 miles away from me!

I'm going to get up real early tomorrow and go to some stores looking for that used.

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 05:52
Please! Remember to update us! >_< It sucks so much not having a memory stick atm. I'll hold off on buying another game till we see your results.

darksoft
September 9th, 2007, 06:00
Hey guys,

I'm very new to playing around with this stuff. I've coded hexaxis but its not hacking related stuff.

Since I don't have Lumines tonight, I'll play around with the 3.52 updater eboot.

So I took the 3.52 eboot and hexed to change 3.52 to 3.61. It started into the program as if it were going to run it (psp white screen). Then it came back with

PSP Update ver

The update cannot be started.
The data is corrupted.
(SGT90000001)

I know it wouldn't be that easy but I'm just playing around right now! I realize the file is signed etc, but once again... just playing around.

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 06:04
Hm, I wonder how simple it really was for Math and DAX. lol

darksoft
September 9th, 2007, 06:24
I was just thinking about that 3.52 firmware update.

I'm thinking that the psp checks sony's site and if the firmware available is "DIFFERENT" is when it thinks there is a new version, not "GREATER THAN". This debunks my little 3.50 before lumines theory (if it were true)

I will still buy lumines tomorrow if i can find it!

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 07:31
Good luck with the Lumines, I really hope it works.

darksoft
September 9th, 2007, 20:39
I found a lumines at a gamestop (used - $34.99!!) it was def the original version (no update file in xmb) and asked if I could pop it into my psp. I had already put in the files for the lumines exploit, but when it ran it did nothing at all. I'm assuming in the 3.52 it doesn't do anything (being patched etc) Anyone confirm this?

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 21:00
Gah, $34.99... I hope someone can confirm it soon.

lamentofking
September 10th, 2007, 11:06
Mathieulh and Dark Alex have already dumped the latest PSP Slim 3.60 Firmware, it also looks like the PSP Contains 66MB of NAND which is double the original.

Discuss this via Comments, Nice to have DA back on board.66MB of RAM? I thought it was 64MB?

tuta
September 10th, 2007, 11:17
66MB of RAM? I thought it was 64MB?

Thats the flash memory not the ram I think

Flash where you put all your firmware files not the ram

ish420ism
September 11th, 2007, 05:45
How about a component to s-video connection would that work??? I have a s-video tv, but no component tv

lamentofking
September 11th, 2007, 23:26
Thats the flash memory not the ram I think

Flash where you put all your firmware files not the ramAh. I see.

CaG00s3
September 19th, 2007, 00:40
How about a component to s-video connection would that work??? I have a s-video tv, but no component tv

Yah, that'd work, or you could just get the composite cable for the same price as the component cable, N00B

VampDude
September 19th, 2007, 05:21

Discuss this via Comments, Nice to have DA back on board.

Dark Alex should come back properly, the PSP scene is dying without him. Hopefully he will do more work for the PSPslim.