PDA

View Full Version : PS3 update ineffective in Europe

Shrygue
September 6th, 2007, 19:20
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82794)

Sony has confirmed our suspicions by revealing that the recent firmware upgrade for PS3 had no effect on European consoles.

The version 1.92 patch was released to tinker with stability and compatibility issues with US and Japanese games only, we were told.

"All the changes in the firmware update were for the US and Japan, and actually had no effect for us in Europe," a spokesperson for Sony Europe told Eurogamer.

We now feel a little silly for staying up all night trying to work out what had changed.

Sonicboy 101
September 6th, 2007, 19:22
Why does Sony **** Europeans over like this. It has to stop.

Shrygue
September 6th, 2007, 19:25
It truly is ridiculous, just as well I didn't bother updating at all, seeing the time it takes to download roughly a 115MB package.

ElRazur
September 6th, 2007, 19:32
What have sony exactly done wrong here guys? Im sure it wasnt a coincidence or mistake that it didnt have no effect. They dealt with region that needs fixing period.

I think the system they have in place allows rolling out of update for all regions not just one.

F9zDark
September 6th, 2007, 21:24
Why does Sony **** Europeans over like this. It has to stop.

Wow. I suppose people don't have a clue what the update does (neither do I, but I am speculating).

Lair shipped with the ability to be played over Remote Play on the PSP. Sony has never made any mention of this feature coming up. Lair is not out in Europe.

So while all systems need to be updated, since Lair isn't out in Europe, there is "nothing to fix" in that region...

No need to get all pissed off.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Lair came out a few days ago, this feature was discovered and BAM there is an update? Coincidence? I think not.

Basil Zero
September 6th, 2007, 22:42
lol

maybe they'll release the missed 1.91 ver in euro :p

jeegee
September 6th, 2007, 23:32
Hmm transitions seemed faster in my xmb .. lol. I thought ps3 games were region free? so the update should affect ppl who play import... right??

F9zDark
September 7th, 2007, 05:03
Yeah. Like I said, I think this update has to do with Lair. I'd like someone who has to game and a PSP to confirm, but it seems highly unlikely that it was mere coincidence.