PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs gives all iPhone owners $100 back

wraggster
September 6th, 2007, 20:54
via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/06/steve-jobs-gives-all-iphone-owners-100-back/)

El Jobso is "confident" Apple's made the right decision to lower the price of the iPhone yesterday -- and really, we can't fault them for knocking some cash off the top to attract new buyers, why is cheaper gear a bad thing all of a sudden? But even given the outcry, we definitely didn't see this one coming. In another open letter to his people, Jobs states that he's giving all iPhone owners a $100 Apple gift certificate (details to follow in the next week -- it goes without saying this will only apply to people who bought before the price drop). Well, that's mighty kind of you Steve. And definitely unprecedented in the consumer electronics industry that a company would give cash back to early adopters -- those most accustomed to buying a gadget first, asking questions later, and bottling their complaints when said gadget later drops dramatically in price.

Anger
September 6th, 2007, 21:33
the man is a genious. this is incredible, i still cant believe that. if only more hardware makers would consider this option (looks at YOU sony).
well done mister jobs.

bowmessage
September 6th, 2007, 22:16
Heh, what if its jailbroken, and the address isn't registered in their database? I think you won't be getting your moneys... lol.

Anger
September 6th, 2007, 22:46
well imo most people that bought it imported it anyway so its only relevant to those who bought it directly from apple and live in a country where its actually available.
unless of course they do it via registration in which case anyone who actually bothered registering it will be applicable. it would be time to read the fine print - i wont be however because im definetly not applicable.
:rofl:

lemoe
September 6th, 2007, 23:28
And definitely unprecedented in the consumer electronics industry that a company would give cash back to early adopters -- those most accustomed to buying a gadget first, asking questions later, and bottling their complaints when said gadget later drops dramatically in price.

Microsoft gave early Xbox buyers 2 games and a controller when it was reduced in price....i think thats pretty similar

morninghead
September 7th, 2007, 07:21
Steve definitely is a genius. That was a good move on his part, I think. But even though I don't get why people were so mad. They knew this was going to happen. Maybe not this soon, but still. It was coming and this is how technology works. I'm glad he gave it, but he didn't have to do this at all.

Adrenalin
September 7th, 2007, 08:59
how does this make him a genius?

basically they lose money, in hope that it gains them more support from those adopters. but will it?

BTW i hate apple.

Jonesyxxiv
September 7th, 2007, 19:06
Well im happy that I get $100 dollars to spend at the apple store. Im not sure what to get though.